Raspberry Pi Owners

Raspberry Pi Owners -- For what are you currently using your Pi?

I'll start: Pi Musicbox headless using M.A.L.P. on Android for listening to FLAC music on a audio receiver.

Attached: 91zSu44+34L._SX466_.jpg (466x300, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gateshipone.malp&hl=en_US
twitter.com/AnonBabble

want to buy one to make my OS work on real hardware, plus ARM assembly is so much comfier

cheap general purpose homeserver (web-/sync-/file-/media-server & htpc) until I get my proper one ready again..

x86 has nasm, and by comparison no good ARM assemblers exist. GAS sucks donkey balls if you want to do anything remotely complex (and sometimes even if you don't), and you'll need to have an entire cross toolchain set up just to use it.

> M.A.L.P
Did you mean LAMP?

Shit-tier Radarr movie downloader and storage for my mom (that 2MB/s USB connection...)
Decent-tier home automation server

It's just a Debian box in a really small package. Great for dirt-cheap applications, bad for anything remotely high-end.

nothing, it's just sitting on a shelf

i go to my tech illiterate family members houses at parties and events and plug them into the back of the router

i port forward the pi and use it as a vpn

Attached: 16b.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

M.A.L.P. is a MPD client for Android so I can play songs on the RPi3 from a smartphone.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gateshipone.malp&hl=en_US

How is the performance when running a psx emulator on a recent raspberry? Thinking of doing something with retro pie as Christmas present for someone.

That's just sinister...

I run a chat server for me and my pals

>OSMC

I live in a college dorm. I use my RPi to connect to an Enterprise WPA2 network and forward the connection to the ethernet port so that I can have my own private WiFi network where my Printer and NAS are available for me only. Speeds are fine. I get 15MBps u/d anyways. It's very essential to my setup because my laptop makes wireless and automatic backups to my NAS.

In theory is retropie really good. In reality it sucks because of input lag.
Sorry, no clue about ps1 games.

Why is there input lag? What's different than running an emulator on a normal OS?

ordered one for digital signage.

I'm not sure what's at fault, but I tried playing games on retropie with a Rpi3 several time and I was never able to fix it.
Tried different inputs (ranging from bluetooth ps3, cabled ps3, keyboards and so on..) but nothing helped.
If you want to try yourself you better buy a Rpi yourself off from Amazon so you can return it if you get the same experience...

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind.

Psx emulation ran fine for me, played through all of SoTN on a pi.

I have 4 running
1 is for streaming via Kodi
1 is for downloading stuff
1 is for backups
1 is for apache/webserver that gives me server status at a glance and will eventually email me if theres issues.

Literally nothing more than a headless Unifi Controller machine.

Attached: Screenshot_20181112_213152.png (3840x2160, 927K)

My Orange Pi Zero (yeah, was too cheap at the time to get proper RPi, wasn't sure that I am gonna use it) is serving as PiHole and OVPN server to provide me with ad-free experience anywhere around the globe.

Streaming with MALP over mpd is kinda slow, any better way to stream? icecast?

MALP is just a MPD app to control mopidy on Musicbox. All FLAC files are played on the RPi3.

I get paid to flash people's thinkpads

why can't arm into smp?

occasional webdev and vlmcsd server

You might be better off buying a compute stick(lowest model is 35$ but 8gb storage and no ethernet). But you dont have to get a case for it.

I have bought a few.
1) bitcoin node+ file server
2) remote desktop and vpn
3) python, flask, mysql...dev box.

You'll need to put lubuntu on it since the 8gb internal storage is small(has microsd card expansion tho) but i have found greater utility in this over a raspberry pi.

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-152241_Brave.jpg (1080x647, 166K)

I use them as a kubernetes cluster. Works like a charm.

>no ethernet
Trash

My bad. Meant to write no hard ethernet connection. Just wifi and bluetoof

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1024, 383K)

thread border router

I have it running PiAware with an rtl-sdr connected to an antenna and it's feeding to FlightAware. Get a free "business" account with them. Never use it but I like to help.

go on.....

There are no drivers for ethernet/wifi/GPU and the USB driver barely works. It's just a tech demo.

Can you use any RTL SDR stick for that?

>Pi3 B
Pi-Hole
>Pi3 B+
Kodi

im building a chunky phone sized tablet thingy that's going to have night vision for the shits and giggles

anyone tried to power the Pi through the usb on the back of arris router?

how to under power your pi in a nutshell

Retropie user here. Play Station emulator runs just fine, I have a large library of ps1 games and none of them lag at all.

I hooked mine to a projector and stream anime on my dorm room ceiling 24/7

retroPie

odroid c1+
eth into my room -> switch -> odroid -> WiFi dongle -> wifi router for phone and laptop and shit
USB2 to SATA adapter -> 1TB HDD storage but slow af
sshfs "file server" (because i don't know better)
torrent daemon (web control panel accessed by an ssh tunnel)
tor node but it's behind nat so it's probably very useless but sometimes i host shit too. also i ssh to the machine through tor when outside my lan as a very slow and retarded way of punching through nat
all this shit can be done better with an actual pc server machine but for one reason or another i don't have it (dorm lyfe)

NoTrack server, torrent node, persistent IRC and access point

I use one as my main desktop computer. It works great. God bless.

Running a discord bot

I am about to sell mine because I can’t think of a single worthwhile thing to do with it.

Currently using as a print server. might make my tinkerboard into some type of ssh media server or data server

gayming console in my livingroom

Home surveillance system. pi3B+ and 4x pi0w. 0w's were only $5 (as opposed to $10) at local microcenter recently. Not sure if they still are

PIVPN, good for public networks

Post your creepshots

Uh for the price of 4 RPi you could get one decent server that can handle all of this concurrently?

I use mine for own mail server, VPN, seed box, tor relay, web server and DNS name resolver and authoritative name server

how much of a pain in the ass is it to run your own mail server?

Setting one up to be a wireless router.

Steep yet valuable learning curve if you wanna do it right. I learnt a lot about SPF, DKIM, DMARC, after the usual Postfix, Dovecot, SpamAssassin and Let's Encrypt setup. I'm also quite happy my ISP allows me to configure a PTR record in their reverse DNS zone.

How do you port forward without knowing the password

Most people don't change the default from admin:admin or admin:password

LibreElec

headless music box using a non garbage solution (ympd)
several media centers, several web servers, several automated plant systems, several weather stations.

>tech illiterate family
>thinking they change password

especially tech illiterate family members
surprisingly it has enough electricity to power it

1 of those can handle all 4 of those tasks fine. no reason to get a meme x86 server

A raspberry pi is hundreds of times more powerful than the Unix computer which supported all 20000 students at the university I went to in the 1990s.

pihole, smb server for moving small files between PCs, mpd/bluetooth audio box with external USB DAC, it also runs scripts to automagically check for and download whatever anime I'm watching this season.
If you don't have a ton of shit plugged into USB it doesn't need a lot of power. I rarely see my Rpi 3B draw more than 600-700mA without the DAC plugged in.

Do you have any recommendations for a DAC? RPi3 onboard audio is kinda bad. I can hear it on my audio receiver.

I'm putting mine in my truck to expand my head unit's capabilities. Won't be able to use digitizer to control the SBC because it's already being used for the stereo so I was thinking I could get something like a BMW iDrive controller

Attached: BMW_E65_iDrive_Controller_Update.jpg (550x484, 32K)

vpn server

anyone knows some good raspi display? i wanna host server for my chat app, and i would like to display status and debug shit on it.
it would be awesome to have some controls like pic related, but i know nothing about electronic so, some learning sources would be nice as well

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Sharing a label printer over the LAN using CUPS, and mining litecoin with my moonlander2

I bought a pi zero wireless model for $5 at Sharonville microcenter on Saturday. He asked me for my home address, but I didn't give it. He said it was for returns. No one else needs my home address for returns.

>pi zero is 20€ almost everywhere in Euroland, 25€+ for wireless

Attached: babby.jpg (236x240, 7K)

I want to use my pi as a wireless router (I have only two phones that use the wireless network) I use it for Pi-Hole right now but I was wondering if there was a way for it to do both. Or would I need to buy a 2nd Pi?

Acts as a TOR proxy that runs on Arch linux.

Orange Pi counts as Raspberry, right?

Attached: Orange-Pi-One-2.jpg (800x800, 379K)

If I buy a raspberry, I don't expect to get an orange.

Lemon-Lime Pi when?

Attached: lemonlime.jpg (781x773, 255K)

How good is the Assberry Pi for seeding muh torrents?
How easy is that to set up for a brainlet?
Also same for Pi-hole.

installed kali linux on it. never touched it again lol

Raspberry Pi's internet speeds are limited to USB 2.0 speeds, so that really depends on what you want out of it.

I have a Pi 3 running Transmission-daemon, PiHole and a couple of samba shares, it can handle it like a champ.

Some of those tasks need an HDD so you might as well get some used small form factor PC/laptop at that point.
>but muh power consumption
Electricity is actually surprisingly cheap.

banana pi has full sata speed. xu4 odroid has even better speeds
fuck laptops & fuck screens

Both routers I've ever owned had the default password written on the bottom.

>banana pi
There are a shitton of different Banana Pi models, but I actually used to run a Banana Pi M2 Berry based seedbox and I can tell you that it sucked nigger dicks. "Full SATA speeds" (SATA II only btw) don't mean jack shit when you are limited by the fake """"gigabit"""" ethernet port to

I get 90MB/s on my old banana pi board
xu4 and hc2 have fake sata through usb3

Using it as a prototyping guinea pig with a few guys at my university. We're making a flight computer. Eventually gonna ditch linux and swap in my kernel once the Linux version is reasonably stable.

I use my old Fiio E10. As far as I know any USB DAC should work fine.

I forgot I had a Creative X-Fi USB sound card I bought from a thrift store for $5. I hooked it up to my RPi3 and now I have less noisy output.

Attached: creative-outs-windows-10-driver-for-some-of-its-usb-cards-version-1-02-0001-491280-6.jpg (800x480, 26K)

Sweet, I can finally find a use for this thing after 12 years. I've never used it, it's just collected dust in the box.

Attached: 15421570502567194826018215971458.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

Do you use an external audio interface or card? The one in the pi sounds like shit

OP here. I'm the one with the X-Fi USB.

docker cluster, replicating Node.js services
2x zero w
1x 3b+

Attached: image.jpg (246x604, 65K)

its fine if you aren't a hardcore gaymer

i travel alot and leach wifi with a usb wifi and panel antenna, and run hostapd on builtin wifi. also mpd.

actually nothing

Attached: Glass_of_Champagne_PNG_Clip_Art.png (162x600, 95K)

Using it for torrent downloading through a vpn and a SMB share. The torrents get downloaded to my home server through nfs. I get about 2MB download. So not to bad. Fast enough to download a lot without saturating my home's internet (12MB). Using qbittorrent-nox because I can set it to only use tun0. So if the vpn goes down the connection is cut. Raspberry pi 2b and it never goes above 50% usage