/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: dress headphones huanxiang_heitu love_live! nishikino_maki summer_dress.jpg (1700x2040, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd58x-jubilee-massdrop/
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder these chink-phones are gonna get shilled.

Attached: 007.jpg (656x672, 149K)

sup

my gf is a DJ and I wanna buy her headphones that will really slap, as a present

I'm willing to put down $250

recs?

>Budget
$300
>Location
US
>Source
PC and phone. Don't worry if I can drive it or not.
>Type of headphone
Full Sized
>Open or closed
either
>Comfort level
10/10 full comfy is important almost more than sound.
>Sound signature
No idea. maybe neutral? I just gayme and watch videos.
>Past headphones
Sennheiser PC 373D

Close enough. Needs more headphone anime girl feet.

I thought the Bosshifi B8 were better than the Bosshifi B7

look how she stare at you, she know this thread is filled with mid-fi poorfags that cant satisfy her audiophile needs

You could get her the Senn HD 25 that's still the industry workhorse. Rugged and easily serviced.
Or something else?

get some regular headphones and slap her yourself

dj = hd25.

also if you love her a lot you can pick her a presonalized one from customcans in uk.

Bosshifi is similar to sigva sv-005; in looks at least.

007 series, are not just a different color, cup is shaped differently, and more open-sounding. thus better suited for everyday use (gaming).

>tfw California fires didn't burn down marv
feelsbadman

Your girlfriend is fucking me after the show just fyi

>want DX3Pro
>3.5mm only
What a shame

Is any creatology polyester felt good for the 58X felt mod?

Fuck off, Audio Goblin.

Repostan from last thread

I want to get my sister some decent headphones for Christmas. I expect her to mainly be using them in the gym as well as in her dorm, so it would be nice if they were fairly robust and water/sweat resistant. She listens mostly to rock/metal. As far as I know she's only used cheap iems in the past, she's not an audiophile but i think she'd enjoy headphones with better sound quality.

>budget
Up to $100
>location
Us
>source
Computer and cellphone
>type of headphone
On or over ear
>comfort level
Fairly important, as is durability
>Past headphones
Cheap IEMs

>not getting DX3Pro for $155+coupons during 11.11
What a shame

at this price you cant have supreme durability/water resistance, but i think takstar 82 could be a nice choice, good sound and comfort with good enough build quality

how can I tell there is "noise" in my music and that I need a DAC?

Attached: 1527151083751.png (645x773, 11K)

try to not be deaf and you will hear

Pause the music. Do you hear the idle noise? Switch to track with a different sample rate. Was there a loud pop?

neither of those

Congratulations, your DAC is acceptable. Now find out what output impedance your amp has. Even if your output is loud enough it may still be affecting frequency response.

Also, turn up the volume with nothing playing. Noise? Interference connected to moving the mouse cursor around, etc?
A slight, steady hiss near max volume is normal and of no concern since your normal listening volumes will be _way_ below those levels.

Listen, we don't cotton to freaks round these parts. Scram, weirdo.

Is there anything comparable to the Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 for

>Hate pleather pads on meme50x
>Stick beyer velour pads on instead
>The cans sound better
Surely this is just my brain telling me the listening experience has become more comfortable right?

Attached: 396435_2165348073449_1839060146_1366813_2021584914_n.jpg (629x562, 55K)

welcome to the velour masterrace

Velour is the king of comfort

>Not using suede

Starting to lose track of all the chink brands.

I need more fucking bass, shit needs to slap you feel me

velour is big gay, sheepskin masterrace

Sometimes more bass can ruin a track ime w/ lambdas.

lambskin block your path, what to do?

any kind of real leather is patrician

what about foreskin leather?

lambskin is noticeably softer user sadly you have to skin a little lamb and give money to the ZMF jew guy

[hava nagila playing softly in the distance]

Yeah, pads can make a big difference on how headphones sound, i imagine the Beyer velour ones is decreasing the seal on your M50 and making a bit flatter?
Recently i got DT770 pads for my Custom One Pro for a similar effect, i'm also waiting for a pair of Brainwavz XL Suede pads for my AD900X.

I've bought a AKG 72 around a year ago.it's comfy, and cheap and I like them. Don't need high quality but can appreciate it.
What am I missing compared to expensive shit?

bASS

Should I buy the AKG712 or the Sennheiser HD600 for classical music?

If my phone drives HD600s fine, will they drive 250 ohm DT880s well?

no

you need a 5kg amp, just trust me

Yeah, probably. At least my phone can make the 250ohms version pretty loud.

How do you know if you’ve supplied enough power to the HD600?

What are some good headphones besides Sennheiser that have detachable cables? That is the only thing holding me back from buying.

Wait til you realize that for every ten manufacturers there are five different connectors.

Attached: 1533949409472.gif (424x240, 1.84M)

I own them and have tested them with my phone.
What's pretty loud? To the point of being uncomfortable? I'd like to have a bit of headroom if I feel like listening to something softer.

My question was literally the last post in previous thread, so ctrl+v

I have to choose between Sennheiser HD600 and HD650.

>source
Aune X1s Anniversary

>current headphones
AKG K240 Studio

I want something more clear and open. With larger soundstage than my K240, I feel that they're too muddy and "heavy", so I'd like to get rid of that.

I can't go and listen them and I have to decide this week.

It's worthless to me without 1/4 inch

Someone red pill me on noise cancellation.
Im considering buying the Sony wh1000xm3. Its expensive but has the features to back it up. I was going to get the xb950n1's but when I tried both at best buy, the xbs felt loose on my ears, barely canceled out noise, and the extra bass sounded like shit and with an eq the wh1000xm3 matched the bass. The wh1000xm3 felt a little high tech and unnecessary but the noise cancellation was very real. The thing though is that I doubt best buy is a good example of where Im going to be using these. And I can get the xbs for 100 instead of 350.

200€ ~ flexible
Germany
Home-PC (Asrock Z370 Extreme 4)/ MacBook (at Work)/ Phone
Full-Sized
Closed because I work in an Office with 7 other People. I need a little isolation. Noise-Cancelling is not a must
I need them to be comfortable but I'm willing to buy new Pads if that is what it takes :smiley: I don't really care they are a bit heavier.
I have literally no idea what my preference is here.
Currently using Sennheiser HD 215 at home and some Sennheiser in-ears at work. Both not optimal. My previous headphones were Superlux HD 681.

good sub- $60 (leaf dollars) headphones on amazon in canada for everyday gaming use? Need mic and preferably over-ear headphones. Doesn't matter if it's 3.5mm or usb either one is good.

Check the new cooler master takstar rebrand

Why did they discontinue it?

Attached: 242417000000000-00-500x500.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Sennheiser HD600.

What's the comfiest pair of IEMs I can get for

Aren't they bad for gaymurs like me?

>hd600

Attached: 2b7.jpg (312x342, 32K)

Because it looks like shit, and looks are important in the modern market

No. Their focus is on accuracy, and that's good for gaming too.

HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

$150 on massdrop hd58X, mod them, don't buy an amp or dac, save for stax

Ye, but there's HD 206 that looks literally the same.

best advice.

What discounts/savings/coupons brought it down to 155?

I do not want fucking electrostats

>doesn't want the best headphones ever made
that's a big YIKES from me senpai

Do you also hate walking in nature and hugging sweet young girls?

>don't like obscure Japanese headphone? U hate nature and beauty
Kys

>doesn't like stax
I bet you hate kittens too

Attached: 1539237658871.gif (320x428, 3.5M)

>To the point of being uncomfortable?
Yes, at least i find it uncomfortable, yes, but there isn't much room left for volume after that.

Mod them? hmmm Electrostats?

Nature was a mistake.

diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd58x-jubilee-massdrop/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE TO GET
if I can get the HD 600 for the same price then what will it be?

What about my ultimate reference neutrality?

HD600. K712 has a lot more mid-bass, if you're into that and the treble response is wonky.
Yes. I think the DT880 would be a tiny bit quieter if I remember the sensitivity correctly. It won't get super loud since its a phone which tends to be voltage limited.

If in doubt, see youtube. There's plenty of video reviews of HD600 and comparisons with the others in the family.
But the TL;DR is HD600.

180$ base 11.11 price
~14$ worth of select coupons (actually 3x "-$5 per $65" so I had to combine it with other eligible items)
~7 seller savings (store coupon + store discount)
~4 aliexpress savings (global coupon + app discount)

The HD600 is recommended here, it sounds like a better and more accurate 373D, the difference in response is around the upper mids where the HD600 has a higher output.

That's what I heard. I heard the 58x build quality is worse than the HD 600 and what not. I don't know man.

>The HD600 is recommended here
BUT WHY DOES EVERYONE HERE LIKE IT? It's either
1. A group of people here are shilling
2. idk.

It can't be that much of a difference right?

Both headphones have good build quality. The HD5xx series used to be shit ages ago but Sennheiser corrected them. It's mostly shills that spread misinformation that they're built poorly.

HD6XX on Massdrop ($200) with this EQ profile
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf

Attached: ss+(2018-07-10+at+09.58.29).png (1617x820, 296K)

>Both headphones have good build quality. The HD5xx series used to be shit ages ago but Sennheiser corrected them. It's mostly shills that spread misinformation that they're built poorly.
But the person that reviewed them on youtube said that? And he rated the HD 600 as good but terrible buildquality although he rates them as his favorite headphones.

You wanted neutral, right? Hence why I recommended the HD600. It's also similar in sound to the 373D. What do you think of the 373D? If you didn't enjoy it, you won't enjoy the HD600.

As somebody who owns both, they're the same in terms of build.

HD600 and HD650 aren't known for a large soundstage but they're very high fidelity headphones and they're anything but muddy and heavy.

I have a Fiio X1 and I'm looking for something with a lot more storage in it since it's limited to 128GB, any recommendations? I want to have at least 512GB on it. I also want to get a second pair of cans that I can use with it.

>Budget
$400-500 Flexible
>Location
US
>Source
portable player and PC (JLabs O2+ODAC)
>Type of Headphone
Full Size
>Open or Closed
no preference
>Comfort Level
Comfortable and over the ear preferably but doesn't have to be
>Sound Signature
I like neutral
>Past Headphones
Sennheiser hd280pro, didn't like them that much
ATH M40x, probably one of my favorites but it died
DT880 600 ohm, I love these and it's what I'm using now. I'm looking for something distinctly different sounding from these.

HD600.

are you retarded

HD600

>>>Both headphones have good build quality. The
Watch more reviews. HD600 is anything but poorly built. Reviewer was on drugs.

honestly I might just get an ATH M40x again unless there's something better.

ineducated people think that sennheisers have poor build quality couse they are almost totally plastic, but they are very well built, in fact the only sennheiser headphone those type of people would praise fore build quality is probly the only one who loose the paint the first time you lay it on the desk kek.