pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last Clack

Attached: Office Shine.png (1190x900, 2.46M)

Can someone explain me what makes a keycap set be worth over 40 bucks?

money laundering

it's getting close & I'm already having 2nd thoughts...
Like do I really need to spend this much on a fucking keyboard just to type the same shit that I do on my current one? My 8 year old iBuypower keyboard works just fine desu.
Tell me I don't need it guys, so I'll feel better about cancelling.

Attached: idk.png (644x255, 35K)

If it's something you are going to use daily and you enjoy it, get it.
I've spent money in many worse ways.

>mx browns
Please God cancel that order son

dayum bois, just got a majestouch minila air and i'm loving this fucking thing

i wish it had media keys doe

Done, the aluminum was tempting for my 1st board but I guess ill pass.
I can't justify the price for something that does the same thing as something I already have.

Just get a cheaper one from the chinks.
The Tada68 is usually on Massdrop for like 75 bucks.

Cap type, reputation and supply.

Cap type makes Double Shot more expensive than laser.
Reputation allows GMK to sell PREMIUM ABS for hundreds of dollars.
Finally, the hobby is so niche that you can count the number of sellers with your fingers, making cool looking sets cost a fortune.

Little brother wants a Razer Chroma V2 because colorful. I know their stuff is crap. Is there a good alternative I could persuade him to want instead? I.e. colorful...

Look at this motherfucker

Attached: IMG_20181112_151806373.jpg (3024x4032, 2.6M)

Browns are good memefag.
If I had to choose between red, blue, and brown. Browns would win every fucking time

>Working on board
>Get silks close to where I want
>Get another set of eyes on it
>Forgot some shit
>Need to re route the fucking thing and clean some shit up

GOD FUCKING DAMN.

Attached: 2_033.png (1920x1080, 239K)

Go do a el-cheapo build with Gaterons and no name keycaps off amazon. You can save yourself a bunch of shekels

Any of you tried DXA?

I really dig the looks of a keycap set from Aliexpress but I'm not sure.
Currently using OEM.

Can someone explain me what makes a painting set be worth over 40 million bucks?

Attached: modern_art_sold_for_bank.jpg (640x335, 29K)

The hell is DXA?

I'm going to assume you mean DSA. I use them myself and love it assembling a keyboard with blank DSA is the easiest thing in the world

Direct X Advanced

I actually mean XDA.
Every opinion I read says OEM are the worst, I'm currently using them and they-re a bit too high for my taste. So I'm not sure if playing safe and going with Cherry or trying XDA.

Attached: HTB14KI2gEOWBKNjSZKzq6xfWFXat.jpg (750x433, 40K)

Is there any topre cheaper than 660c? Need shipping to yuropoor, ISO preferred but don't really.

companies seeking profit.

This. Holy fuck. Browns are a mistake.
NO IT FUCKING ISN'T. Just because you like mediocrity does not mean you trick others to going down with you.

Attached: I_cheated_on_my_wife_and_my_daughter_is_homeless.jpg (480x360, 30K)

nah, you can check mechmarket for a cheap one but topres pretty much are pretty much set in price. I blame the nips having a monopoly on them.

>Browns are good memefag.
>Browns are good
>Browns
>Good

Attached: 1513430482767.jpg (988x1059, 181K)

guys I'm going to do a terrible mistake: I'm going to pick BOX Jade instead of BOX Heavy Pale Blue.
STOP ME!!

Money Laundering, Rich people buy them and do underhand deals with the curators to get them for cheaper. Then they donate it. They show the IRS they sold something worth 40 mil and get a huge writeoff on their taxes.

How is that a mistake. I would almost say that is an improvement. Jade's thicker clickbar makes it feel much better.

Cherry is the best Keycap Profile.
Prove me wrong.

I also think the same, the tactile bump and the noise of the Jades are amazing: my worst fear is that my finger will suffer pain from typing

.... no... wtf? I have been typing on box navies every day in the office and my fingers never hurt.

They aren't the best obviously, but out of the normie ones they clearly are.

So... you just admitted you are a normie? Nice one. Also there are keyboards that sells box switches now so no, you got no excuse either.

How much can it cost to build your own mechanical keyboard? (average)

I've seen some streaming of people doing it and I'd like to try it

So you're agreeing with me.
That's all I needed user.

make that
>mistake
user

I've made it!!

>MX shits = all tactile switches
>my preference is a unit of measurement
Based (((Soied))) user

>buy keyboard
>feels like literal sandpaper

Attached: 1541966610842.jpg (720x543, 25K)

so im thinking of wanting to put bke rubbers on my hhkb. anyone used them before? i want finger bang the keys hard

Send help. I'm addicted to typing.

If I haven't typed something on these buckling springs in over 10 minutes I go to the address bar or Jow Forums and just type random shit.

Thoughts on Cooler Master MasterKeys L ?????

I got a iKBC but without rgb and mx clears, they are pretty good and it is well build, it just lacks any customization but it is a solid cheap keyboard.

what exactly is wrong with browns?
i tried all colours and they are alright, dare I say even better than any matias I tried lmaosy

actually I hate matias with all of my heart, shit switches, hard to rice, stuck caps... fuck them

Does anybody know for how long the current Zealios groupbuy on zealpc.com will be open?
The page just states that they will ship in december 2018 but not when the gb closes.

Try MX clears, Zealios BOX royals or the ultimate meme, holy pandas.

How come you dont you don't bring up Zealios? I always hear them compared to Box royals.

Ducky. Lots of lights to make you better at fortnite

Is there no better feeling then shitposting on a $600 keyboard?

>what exactly is wrong with browns
compare browns with clears and you should instantly be able to tell what is wrong with them. if you are really adventurous, compare with box royals. this should complete your education on the subject

what keyboard user? so I can tell you why it's trash

TX60

why is it so expensive?

What about Zealios?

Can you recommend me a relative quiet and tactile switch ? I have a model M but i get a lot of comments about the sound levels when i am on discord. Also i want to use it for writing code at work. I dont want to use membrane.

Zilents V2 if you want something really tactile. Otherwise Zilents V1

I have blues at work, I really like them... I want to get a board with browns for home. General use/gaming. Should I get clears instead? I can't decide.

Zealios are pretty good, but at a premium price. AFAIK they have the same stem bump at clears, though - it's just more premium because of the smoothness of the material
I feel like clears are a big step up without adding too much additional spring weight. I use my tactile greys for general use and started trying them out with more FPS gaming and they are still comfy. I don't think you need to go that extreme, unless you like really heavy switches, but at least there is some upward mobility. or try out the Zealios/Zilents, as they come with 4 different stock weightings.

The bump on zealios actually slopes longer then clears which some people don't like cause it feels less tactile, while others prefer it because it makes the switch feel smoother.

The materials aren't cheap. Brass plate and weight, aluminium case. All together it's over 5 pounds.

Can someone recommend me actual metal Cherry keycaps?
Something not too pricey, I want them more for durability then looks, I'm just annoyed when keycaps wear out quickly.

Attached: 1542061389218.jpg (960x519, 75K)

The A key on my blackwidow ultimate 2013 keeps jamming after every 8 strokes or so, what the fuck do I do? I don't wanna throw it out and buy a new one just because of one key jamming. I cleaned the whole thing inside out, there's 0 dirt or any broken stuff.

You did nothing. Razer made a low quality board

Is there any fix for it?

Metal? Just get PBT.

How do they feel? Any recommendations?

You could replace the switch. If you've already tried cleaning it there might not be any other good options.

Thanks user, I cleaned it yet again and for some reason it works perfectly now.

find a used Model M or Dell AT-101 instead

why are you fags hating on mx browns?
for rhythm gaming, browns are the best.
bottoming out and feeling the tactile are both different and both useful.

I have all 3 of the mainstream switches so I can't complain

Thinking of getting a unicomp model m

meant for

actually for rhythm games lubed vintage or retooled blacks with 55 g springs are the best.

is this type of stuff only available through modding/soldering?

>there are keyboards with box switches
That's moot if you can only buy them in 3 cities in the world

Modding yes. To lube a switch you need to open it up, some plates allow you to do this with the switch still in the plate, so you can lube them while they're still mounted. Soldering not necessarily. You could get a hot swap board.

I like mx blues

i like blues too, but family already makes fun of me for noise of my browns

fuck em, get box navies

So what are the opinions on topre switches?

decent tactile switches but really too overpriced

Stop typing like a neanderthal.

Attached: 9aae64beaa1a81dbc90a63e63f158c9a.jpg (650x502, 56K)

topre

Nothing wrong with membranes bro, despite what these memechanical worshipers people tell you.

Attached: k120-refresh-gallery-images.png (800x687, 331K)

I second topre.

I was forced to pay $55 to ship my realforce from Japan to Europe. It said it would take 2 days. 4 days later tracking hasn't updated and last place was Tokyo customs. Did I get chinked?

Attached: 80abe0ebbea172b5ab37e389b8c88c05b2eb8a7e8ab2d3ae84f6280b710a8afc.png (374x347, 171K)

Best jis topre?

Attached: 1388296131543.jpg (451x588, 181K)

>i get a lot of comments about the sound levels
have you implemented something like the floss mod? uncap and put a piece of twine or something in the spring, close 'em back up. makes a huge difference without compromising too much of what make buckling springs awesome

I'd also like to know

I just ordered a tada68 with gateron browns. Are brown switches really that bad? A lot of people (except here) say they like it more than gateron blues

Attached: 1517168989744.jpg (800x600, 199K)

I'm looking to buy an HHKB soon but I can't find any good vendors besides Amazon whom I've heard bad things about the third-party sellers there. EliteKeyboards is eternally out of stock as always. Also I've heard that they're getting proper US distribution for Topre products soon. What should I do?

What the fuck are cherry switches made of
sandpaper?

Attached: 1485446564875.jpg (513x307, 30K)

browns are best

Every time to i try to order a premium mech for around $200 my figner starts shaking and i just can't click "send order"
I just can't justify that kind of price when the store carries $50 mechs that look almost identical, and after reading reviews it became clear that the rip off cherries it has are very close to the original cherries which are far from perfect as well
Literally the only downside i found about the cheaper keyboard is that the keys wobble slightly more which i am not autistic enough to care about
So i was thinkinh about just buying it and then buying a good pbt keycap set for it for $30, so that way i get a great quality keyboard for only $80 (even many high end mechs use only shitty abs for some retarded reason)
is this a good plan?

>is this a good plan?
Yes.

When people say browns are bad they are mostly referring to the weak tactility and the scratchiness of the switch. However, that criticism is mostly aimed at the original Cherry switch; Gaterons are smoother, at least. The tactility still isn't great, though.

In my opinion the best Gateron switches to nab are the linear variants (red, black, clears) because you really feel the benefits of the smoother mechanism by comparison to Cherry's awful scratchiness. That being said, it isn't like browns are the worst switch ever, they're just kind of underwhelming if you like chunky tactility like myself.

do you know of any decent store which ships to europe and carries localized pbt keycaps? the problem i have that all stores i found only carry burger caps and i need special czech characters in the number row like ščř etc

Leopord or Ducky?

is this a reference to the art meme?