Have you ever cut yourself on a computer case?

Have you ever cut yourself on a computer case?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1735x1149, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oWqXvt5ir1k?t=104
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No even 15 years ago when cases were shit.

youtu.be/oWqXvt5ir1k?t=104

Use pliers instead.

Yeah on one of these, not badly though

Attached: tuniq_tower_120_extreme_silver.jpg (550x778, 83K)

I've cut myself near a computer case.

Yes, Fractal Define R5. Fuck you, Fractal.

I spend most work days either building GPU rigs with shitty, sharp edged cases or unpacking ASIC units with hard pointy unfinished corners. The worst part is the zip ties though, people cut them and leave a tiny sharp barb to scratch your whole shit all the fuck up.

I'm pretty sure anyone whose detached a Molex connector has

If the case is built well then it probably won't cut you up too much

case no, cooler oh yeah (and its always on the backside of the hand/fingers)

I did cut a slice of skin off way back in the day on a Cooler Master 820 Stacker.

one of these old toughbook laptops had a hard drive cage made out of near razor sharp metal. Sliced my hand on it and shot blood on a coworker

Attached: images (10).jpg (225x225, 7K)

yes, on one of those stamped steel full tower monstrosities.

If I did it wasn't bad enough to be memorable. I don't understand how someone can fuck up as bad as your pic. How can someone be that incompetent? You'd actually have to try to cut yourself that bad on a PC. Even a sharp heatsink shouldn't do that sine you're presumably not handling it like a retard.

yeah. Hit my lip when pulling out a gpu last week. Last year i was pushing one of those metal gpu brackets out, too much force and my finger went in and cut some skin off and bleed abit.
All my fault when looking back at it.

Attached: 1499312328196.gif (540x540, 682K)

Yes, it seems like working on computers requires a blood sacrifice.

You're not allowed to name your new machine unless it's christianed in blood

yes, both pointers
same case as well
>cut left hand
>"you dick"
>put a bandage on it
>reached in with right hand and cut myself on the same bit of case
>"you... DOUBLE DICK"
>put a bandage on it
>put on winter gloves
>complete task

Yea cut my Index Finger trying to install a Hyper 212X into my PC.
Fucking mountig system ree

Only with heat sinks

Attached: 61rQSFe1izL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 21K)

Yeah only on small cases though. The smaller the byd the more likely I am to get a cut.

Yes. On the paperwork/ instructions that came with the case...

Minor cuts on fingers when building bulk orders at a shop I worked at.
But this is trying to cram 100 PC's in a day.
Otherwise, no. Unless you cheap out on server rails, you don't have many excuses to be injured building a PC

Never more than a small bit of bloodletting, usually caused by trying to reach underneath oversized coolers or a hotswap drive bay.

Not that I can recall. These sharp plastic things are the fucking bane of IT existence though. Absolutely retarded design

Attached: cnet_thinkcentrem82_gallery_01_tower.jpg (583x475, 56K)

Wow. That looks fucking stupid.

Multiple times but never that bad.

No, but I've cut myself plenty of times on server racks
I'm pretty sure those things require blood sacrifices

Attached: 295.jpg (295x295, 6K)

No, but I've bruised my hand plenty of times when a stuck molex connector finally unplugs and my hand goes flying back.

Attached: 4-pin-molex-power-cord-extension-cable-12-18-24-and-36-15_1800x.jpg (428x250, 7K)

No, but I once got a jolt from mains when trying to push a broken power button on a PC.

Yes. But not in the way you would think. In high school, I was goofing around in computer class, and I was teasing the guy next to me by almost pressing he power button. At one point he got mad and smashed my finger down and it hit the plastic casing of the case which apparently was sharp because it sliced of a whole chunk of skin from my index finger without me realizing at first. It began stinging after a minute and took a month to grow back. the kid apologized after he realized it though, but it was also my fault. Anyways, don't get those old shitty HP inspiron cases.

are you okay retard

Unless the main was shorted to the case, that was not mains. 12 volts max and it would have to be an AT power supply.

Pavilion*

It was a glass that shattered on my hand, not anything electronic.

Attached: DSC_4460.jpg (2000x1331, 288K)

I don't think it was 12V since I burnt my finger pretty badly. This was many years ago and an old computer even then. It was a metal case that had been covered by plastic panels which had been removed and I think the power supply may have been front mounted but I don't recall, it certainly wasn't ATX.

Yeah, trying to fit the RAM inside a cheap cramped case.

Nothing that required stitches though, just hand sanitizer and a band aid.

I got a dell office computer for free a while ago, after some disassembly i got a part out that the machine no longer needed.(it was dead)
I started plaing with that part basically kept it on my desk at all times and when i was bored i bended it.
After some time i realised my hands were filled with small cuts.

Dare I say, SOIBOI!

No but handling IO shields always gives me sweaty palms since the edges seem like they'd cut you really good if you weren't careful

cut my index finger installing the I/O shield, didn't even realize it until I rubbed my hand on my shirt and saw blood.

I've gotten minor knicks from building my PCs but I wouldn't really classify them as cuts.

cut my thumb on tin few years back. It looked like a mouth so I added an eye

Attached: finger.jpg (1920x2560, 241K)

old cases weren't deburred for some reason, good probability of getting cut until sometime around the late 2000s

I dont think but with a cpu cooler, multiple times...

Not even once in my life. And with bare hands too.

a deep cut along the middle bone of my middle finger of my left hand. trying to mount a front fan or something; hand was hidden inside the HDD rack, couldn't see what i was doing.

i could see flesh but there was almost no blood. now have a perfectly straight scar which i like.

what am i looking at

its not a custom pc without you getting cut on something and bleeding

Attached: wp6DV2o.jpg (945x264, 39K)

Better to chop it off. That has gangrene stamped all over it.

I worked at a computer recycling place for awhile and not even I fucked up that bad.

Lenovo workstation box. The handle isn't one formed lump of plastic it's two parts, top and bottom, with this shitlord of a sharp edge between the two that only your fingertips can manage to grasp. Moving two of these pricks to a different office floor is like carrying shopping bags with kitchen knives for handles.

never would have thought my PC case is too complicated to carry and could benefit from some handles. are you sure they're even handles? it just looks like some atrocious branding to me.

fucking KEK my fellow Jow Forumsack

holy crap!! how long was the recovery process?

it's been 15 years of building and i still haven't figured these things out

not once in 20 years of pc tinkering

Three times, all Dells. Fuck Dell and their shitty OptiPlex cases.

Why do Americans do this to their sons

To make them stop touching themselves in the name of religion, they're faithfully insane.