Oculus CEO, Palmer Luckey, reportedly fired for pro-Trump activites

Who /tech worker in the closet/ here?

Attached: 1538367027460.png (721x366, 389K)

If you're "in the closet" about what you consider unjust behavior, then you are part of the problem. Silence is complicity.

I've spoken up at work about the implications of firing people for their politics, but I've never outed myself as a non-leftist. That's what I mean by "in the closet".

Isn't it illegal to fire someone for their politics?

I found out that in interviews I can't even legally ask where someone is from anymore, it has to be illegal to be fired for political beliefs right?

Attached: 1501090741364.jpg (252x252, 7K)

Maybe these "pro-Trump activities" were killing Mexicans

They’ll never come out and say it was for political beliefs though.
>Your idealogy just doesn’t sync fully with ours and we’re going to try to find a better fit in someone who shares our core values more closely.

no its not illegal. free association works both ways; you can choose to associate with political party x and your company and choose not to associate with you. you can guarantee that if someone got fired for supporting obama that this would be a national outrage though. i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for leftists to speak out on principles however

It's legal, you can fire someone for sex, race, nationality, sexual orientation or incompetence if the person is a minority in one of the above. But political opinion and don't liking you are perfectly valid reasons.

I'm a white CIS male, but thank God I'm a minority in incompetence.

isn't john carmack CTO @ Oculus? I thought he was based too. I guess they can't afford to fire him.

You are dumb for sure, if you are a minority and incompetent you can't be fired.

You mean "can't" I imagine?

I'm sure it is harder to sue as a white guy but if it is public that you were fired for being a supporter of some party, I would think that is illegal. It's not on merit of your workmanship.

Who said corporations have to be ethical?

>or incompetence
>and incompetent
You said OR not AND. Who's the dumb one?

Nobody? Where are you getting that from?

I'm saying that people sue companies that fire them when they are fired for bullshit like that. I'm not positive it is illegal, I was asking. I know firing someone for being gay is illegal, is firing someone for being a trump or hillary supporter illegal?

In California and Washington (where Facebook's main and satellite HQs are located, respectively) it is actually illegal. I believe the only other state where this is the case is New York.

>AMERICA

>AMERICA

Political orientation isn't a protected class.
It's also one thing to like Trump and another to spend millions on a pro-Trump PAC

Pussy. Your fear is an embarrassment to the rest of us.

As said here It is illegal in some states. However you can still be fired in those states for pushing your politics at work to the point where it goes against the interests of the company. This is why people put those disclaimers on social media saying "opinions are not those of my employer"

I bet he was fired for another reason, like giving Facebook more control over Oculus.