Good lord, how did AMD do this?

Good lord, how did AMD do this?

Attached: bitmap.png (2127x729, 249K)

Bunch of power aware sensors that feed data to the boost mechanism.

So theoretically it's capable of 500W operation, right?

All cores are still 3.4Ghz tho, why isn't it double the power consumption when going from 32t to 64t. This is fucking witchcraft to me.

Attached: pb2.png (620x435, 83K)

Yes, if you lock the multiplier to 40 before undervolting (very hard) you get pic related. Can't see why'd you'd to that for a small ~20% increase in clocks tho.

Attached: TR2990WX 4GHz.png (1424x1035, 119K)

Interesting how uncore power doesn't really go up much when more threads and data going through the package go up, so the power should remain rather static with 100 or 200 cores assuming no improvements in uncore power efficiency

I just need a room heater that's useful for something else.

Is this the birth of a new epic meme?

faggot

Attached: 1541651857924.png (318x427, 156K)

> new

Nevermind, figured it out.

fucking faggot kill yourself

god i wish that were me

In their "Rome" Q&A they mentioned how existing AMD designs struggle with asymmetric latency for memory or cache between cores and that they're fixing it for the new designs somewhat

Does this mean these 32-core Threadrippers actually choke due to this flaw?

Only if using windows, multiple VM performance is yet to be concluded. Most consumer OS's were never designed for this many threads as either.

Attached: Stockfish.png (1345x760, 34K)

Naples is 4x NUMA, Rome is UMA

dam, does this mean 2xxx ryzens are less power efficient?

What am I supposed to be getting out of this?
- high static package power consumption?
- 250W max draw is high/low for a 32c processor?
- core power draw makes a big jump at 32t -> 34t?

Especially without core frequency numbers, I have a hard time understanding what the point is supposed to be exactly.

see Basically amd has optimized stock power delivery so well that the max power consumption of 32 zen+ cores at 3.4 GHz is 193 watts which averages about 6 watts per core. This isn't possible on consumer ryzen mostly due to higher clocks, 2700X chews through about 12 watts per core.

>why isn't it double the power consumption when going from 32t to 64t

Because it doesn't start at zero, dipshit

Overhead.