Anons xps 13 developer edition (comes with ubuntu 18...

Anons xps 13 developer edition (comes with ubuntu 18.04) combined with pixel 2 XL looks like the fucking dream combo for carrying around.

What do u carry or do u just have a desktop?

Attached: XPS13-1804-600x325.png (600x325, 106K)

Macbook pro of course, like an actual human being and not an animal like you.

Nevermind I figured it out

Who cares what os a pc has? Switching one takes less than an hour...

the two things i listed combined are just as expensive as the MBP

fuck off retard

Attached: justputitinthefreezerbro.png (2560x1440, 2M)

Fuck off, mediocre peasant

Why the fuck would anyone mess with 5k video on a notebook, are people this retarded?

i got a 13 but think i should've got a 15

why is that? don't leave me in the dark user elaborate your opinion

the screen is tinier

Has the manufacturer fixed all the freetardism just works©apple issues or is it bad like regular Ubuntu?
Short battery life, sporadic wifi, doesn't wake from suspend, random black screens, fans constantly spinning (that I was able to "fix"), volume buttons reversed, auto brightness/light sensor doesn't work correctly, motion sensor doesn't work and somehow trying to fix it made it a USB device, weird interference noise when using headphones and audio was off that could just be me though. Not very good software either but mostly usable if that's all you have or maybe just preference.

I have the regular xps 13 with debian on it and I dont have any of these issues. Its either ubuntu being shit or you being shit.

damn those bezels are sexy

X1 is better

PMed you the fix

Ubuntu is bad and I probably was also holding it wrong for some of those things. Did you install debian and its works perfectly without issues or did you buy it with debian already on it?

>Its either gnome being shit or you being shit.
Fixed

ubuntu is known for pushing kernels that break suspension or battery or something. I don't know if it is on LTS, I'd bet it's just retards who go for the non LTS versions. So try the LTS or go Fedora / Debian Stable. To be honest both all these three are pretty good for a laptop/desktop. I won't use ubuntu myself although people recommend it because I heard about bugs and shit on updates, I'd rather compile shit myself on a stable base so that it doesn't break

I carry a Xiaomi Mi A1 (which is fucking shit with encryption on LineageOS, but idk I dirty flashed like 6 updates so is probably that lmao).
And a Thinkpad T440p with Fedora, just works. But I would switch to CentOS or Debian Stable if I notice things breaking from rpmfusion.

Installed debian myself, because its not dev edition I have to install wifi firmware seperately, so its not perfect but its basically just an extra apt command. Also installing powertop helps with battery but its fine without it too.

Now that the XPS 13 moved to all USB-C I don't really see a reason to get it over the 2-in-1.

It matters because you can save $ on license fees.

yes

Dell's current claim to fame is their low end gaming units, the Inspiron 7000 and Gx series. The units offer high price to performance ratio, though their screens are atrocious (37% Adobe RGB gamut). For the budget, they are often the best you would get, and strangely enough unlike units that are even double the price, the hardware is handled properly for the most part. There also is little else until the $1800+ mark, so the screen is an unfortunate sacrifice.

Their other units, such as their XPS line, however, are generally very bad. Buggy (clearly untested) BIOS updates, buggy software updates, serious quality control issues, etc. Their Alienware line should also be avoided for 3 years of bad cooling design that they have outright refused to actually fix. As per usual however, their business line is quite good, with easily the best next business day on-site warranty available, but unlike Lenovo, they do not have readily available discounts to take advantage of.

I carry a XPS13 with windows, because National Instruments and linux aren\t really a thing.
As for my phone I carry a MI A2.
It's a breddy good combo as all I need is USB-C.
As to why I bought the XPS instead of a thinkpad was simply due to the fact that I believe in the power of Thunderbolt 3.0 USB-C.

Every other laptop out there is just as flawed, there are no good laptops below $3000 and even those still have glaring flaws.

Basically, you're an idiot if you buy a laptop as anything other than something cheap and disposable that you expect to fail.

The dell xps13 is pretty shitty tho.
If you mean the newest one with only usb c you're getting meme'd
Otherwise, you can't get off the automatic adaptive brightness without getting the higest resolution display, and you can't get the highest resolution display without also paying for the touch screen.
Also, coil whine.

>their business line
DESU i'd go as far as say that dell's modern business line is better than modern thinkpads

X1 carbon has two of them

Seething mactoddler

Youtubers render a lot of video, and are universally retarded.

I really want the 15 inch xps but my current latitude still works and I just can't justify 1.5k for a laptop..

Is it the year of the Linux desktop yet

I got a 15 but think I should've got a 13.

I've barely used the Nvidia 960m grafics, and spend 90% of my time using it with two 27" monitors.

>freezer
The absolute state of intel and apple.

Latitude 5590
Works great

XPS 15 and Galaxy S8 is the GOAT