Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Attached: IMG_20181112_214719.jpg (1080x1165, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/news/3408478-analysts-negative-iphone-shipments
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Simply put: they're not worth the money and more people are starting to realize that. Mainly due to low RAM, bad battery life, and overheating/thermal throttling issues. That's why apple is cramming more RAM on their phones and using samsung screens to attempt to alleviate all these woes.

>and more people are starting to realize that
These people are sheeple

because they got told off for throttling devices so no one needs to buy a "faster" one

They've become boring and very expensive.

Right but even a dipshit given enough time and repeats will start to realize something is wrong and start to ask questions.

They had decades to catch on. What changed?

Steve Jobs died, and the apple as a fad started dying. Tim was just riding the bubble while waiting for the burst.
It's just the natural progression. They had a good run, and they milked it as much as they could. Now it's time for the next big thing to come around.

No practical improvement over previous models. Sad to say but the SE is still the best iPhone to date.

People are getting dumber. Those who shouldn't be having kids in the first place are having them and technology is doing nothing to stop the propagation of low IQ genes.

I hate Android so much. I wish there was some other alternative besides iPhones. Do you think Microsoft will ever bring back Windows Phone?

As a long time iphone fan i can see why. The iphone has been the best smartphone for a long time and i know i will get hate for this but it just is a fact. That's why people lived with the slightly higher price tag. But in the last few years the have literally become twice as expensive as other flagships and the only advantage they have is updates and cpu performance which in the end only shows itself in gaming. Opening apps is faster on most android devices with a 845 and half the price. And a lot of people don't game. So the reason why you would buy an iphone is pretty much updates. And normies don't care about updates. So that advantage goes out the window too. Last thing that stays is status. And phones are just to inexpensive to be a real status symbol like a car or a watch. So if you aren't in the eco system there is no reason to stay with an iphone. And people are catching on.

You only hate it because you're too dumb to use it, this is why so many americans use iPhones. Android ASOP in and of itself is a good OS capable of running a full linux shell environment like bash (see termux). However regrettably carriers have been bought by chinks and companies to push bloatware on almost all android phones that you have to remove to have a good experience. On top of that animations are usually too long and the stock app launcher is never good. All problems can be fixed by spending 5 minutes disabling/removing and installing things 1 time but I guess not many people are capable of even that.

What end's up happening is most people get frustrated how slow their ~$100 android phones are and iPhones on contract with a lease. Sad but true.

Attached: 1959365039576.jpg (531x683, 73K)

Its because Apple is shit nowadays and will never reach the glory days they had when Jobs was alive. they keep falling down the mountain while still trying to climb back up.

Jesus christ, what a load of autism

Then use Sailfish or Ubuntu Touch. They're still under development and have some Android compatibility, although it's poor.

>use something that barely works.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to use an Android phone, iOS simplifies every aspect of a what a phone should be and gives you nothing more. It's the perfect babby-duck prison for mouth breathing half braindead mongoloid retards such as yourself.

Attached: 3JHYwiw.jpg (1024x630, 82K)

Cheapest ugly ass XR is $700+ everything else is absolutely irrelevant.

There are plenty of people with iPhones that are aware of how bad they are.
They just don't want to get any phone that isn't made by Apple for some reason that I can't figure out.

But they refuse to upgrade, which is what hits apple hard. Apple doesn't give a shit about market share, they just want to sell a lot of these shitty rectangles to idiots every year.

seekingalpha.com/news/3408478-analysts-negative-iphone-shipments

So does unrooted AOSP

They work perfectly well on supported devices. Community ports are more of a gamble, but an Xperia X with Sailfish X works wonders.
Unless by "work" you mean "has access to all of Android's apps" in which case no, it doesn't work.

Except you can run VMs, linux shell, and a bunch of other things brainlets don't even know how to spell. Unrooted Android is still magnitudes more useful than iOS, rooting just magnifies this further.

>They work perfectly well on supported devices.
They pretty much only work okay on jollas. Even the official devices are kind of shit, and missing a feature here, and there. Or at least that's how it was when I last cared about them.

Their GUI never seems to change. It is such a boring OS both for phones and pc.
Of course performance is important, but when Mojave looks the same as Leopard and iphone X looks the same as the first iphone I guess people get tired. When you update your android device to the newest version there's always this excitement to see what will change. Even if you don't like the changes they're still refreshing. With Apple you spend so much money and get nothing new except for improved hardware which honestly doesn't make much of a difference in day to day use.

Attached: main_homescreen-100396904-orig[1].jpg (3100x1102, 548K)

Don't worry I'm gonna autism him back.

No it's legitimate garbage. I don't care to have a Linux terminal on my phone, I bring my laptop anywhere I'd care to program. Android allows manufacturers to install unremovable bloatware on phones and that is 100% Google's fault. A sub-$300 Windows 8 Phone just worked, it would allow me to text/message my friends, use GPS, browse the web, and send+receive email, and it did it fast. It never notified me about anything unnecessary, and the keyboard was more consistent and usable. If it had a modern browser I'd switch back today.

Sailfish X is a special case. Everything works there and they receive updates before they even get released to the community.
Supposedly Treble makes it easier to port both Sailfish and UT, but the transition from 7 to 8 and 8 to 9 has proven to be pretty hard for them, considering all the dirty hacks new builds require. When/if Anbox becomes stable, I imagine it would be easier to convince a couple of XDA morons to port them to new devices.

If you just want a phone to be a phone then go get a flip phone you troglodyte, some of us appreciate having a portable computer in our pockets.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-12-17-27-37(1).jpg (720x731, 122K)

Those are OEM skins. AOSP has been getting stale in the looks department. The UX has been getting worse, especially with the new navigation controls on Pie.
There aren't many diferences between Lollipop and Pie frankly.

And there are launchers and icon packs to fully customize your device. It's very hard to get tired of your home screen when you can change everything easily.

Flip phones suck more. Windows Phone was the perfect balance, they were basically a feature phone on steroids. I wouldn't be surprised if iOS also supports terminals and VMs but I don't care because phones are a shitty platform as a whole for development.

>"I hate it so much"
>doesn't mention a single flaw
I've used both for years and they are practically the same, but with a little more stuff you can do on android, and a better ecosystem on apple

They don't, that's why I dropped them. Try doing this on your phone.

Script if you're curious:
[cofe]mkdir out
for f in *.gif ; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -filter:v hqdn3d=8.0:8.0:10.0:10.0 -c:v libvpx -b:v 0 -qmin 20 -qmax 50 -crf 30 -quality best "out/${f%.*}.webm"; done[/code]

Attached: b2.0.webm (500x235, 121K)

here is the original gif

Attached: b2.0.gif (500x235, 1.9M)

Simple: without Steve Jobs kicking everyone in the balls, they started making retarded shit for retarded prices. iPhones in particular simply stopped evolving - nowadays we only get simple hardware updates, removal of various useful features (R.I.P. headphone jack) and disproportional price hikes. Smartphone market is extremely competitive nowadays, thanks to the chinks. Apple doesn't have much to offer anymore (except their infrastructure), and yet they're asking $1000 for a single phone.

Attached: 1180w-600h_disney-legends-steven-jobs.jpg (1180x600, 128K)

>iphone 4 was the last time he launched a product
So sad I wonder how different things would of been...

Android has an inconsistent UI and notifies me about stupid shit because I can't disable system notifications. I hate phones over all but at least Windows Phone 8 never notified me about anything and had a much nicer keyboard than anything else (including the garbage that was win10mobile). I was willing to try to root my phone to disable more shit but HTC patched away the common rooting mechanisms on my device and I'm hesitant to spend hundreds of dollars again on another Android phone I'll probably hate too.

Performance stagnated, a 6S is on par with the X. Now they're adding bigger batteries, better cameras and more ram making it a little too expensive

I am not interested in compressing videos on my phone in comparison to my interest in uninstalling almost everything and disabling most notifications.

>buys a "smart" phone
>"Oh no, I don't want this, me brain hurts"
>told to get a flip phone
>"Oh no, I actually want this."
Which one is it you retard?

This.
Everyone knows Applel is headed for a cliff, especially Tim Cuck.

Attached: 1511386207268.png (1148x793, 320K)

I want a phone with a decent swiping keyboard that supports common chat apps, GPS, email, web, camera, and then never notifies me about anything. Basically, what Windows Phone was.

Old iphones are too good and don't break after 2 years like most smartphones. Still rocking a 6S after 5 years.

>this is what itoddler subhumans actually believe

will not get another iphone until they restore the headphone jack

>glory days
>3G, 2nd iphone
>>"It's like the original but FASTER!!1"
>4
>>"It's like the 3G but it's SQUARE!!1"
>4s
>>"It's like the 4 but FASTER!!1"
Tim Cock is no different from Steve Jobs, Jobs just has a bigger fanbase because he kicked the company off the ground, Tim might as well be Jobs' clone, they're so similar.

Keep seething, lagjeet :)

>Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Because they rode the notch boat too long.

At least the product line was simpler under Jobs. You wanted an iPhone, you got an iPhone. Now you have to worry about XR, XS, XS Plus, and god knows what else they'll have in the future.

>worry about XR, XS, XS Plus
xr = budget
xs = default
xs plus = bigger
It isn't difficult.

Apple hardware needs to be in top shape to stay ahead of Android, but hell if they haven't been bumbling around with software and services. Their attempts to replace laptops and return to content creators with these devices have been mediocre at best. Sure, they were able to BTFO Wacom and it's milking of the tablet market, but hell if anyone is going to seriously finish professional video or run an office out of one of these ithings.

Attached: 1485140444687.png (600x800, 545K)

Because you can't run scripts

Was talking to a friend just yesterday. He said "I wish I had enough money to buy the new iphone. The one I want isn't even a thousand dollars... That sounds stupid"

Probably because people are tired of spending a grand on a phone every year.
>there are people who have spent $10,000+ over the last 10 years or so on Iphones.
Yikes

Here we go again, just like the X earlier this year.

This begs the question: what ever happened to that fucking Ubuntu phone? I wanted one so bad, but they never really came around. That shit looked noice

I am a content creator and developer, and I switched to from a Macbook to a Microsoft laptop once Microsoft added WSL. I have no idea what Apple is doing.

Despite what the Jow Forumstards here preach, Microsoft's dev and debugging facilities have always been top notch. It is how they been able to make strides and hold grounds in markets that have been notoriously hostile to them.

Apple honestly seemed like they were ditching the pro market for the prosumers when they were rebooting Final Cut Pro and a lot of their other major production software. It is more of a surprise that Avid and Adobe somehow managed to not eat Apple's lunch in that regard.

Attached: 1474824648203.jpg (640x607, 48K)

Iphone 5/se & iphone 7 are the only worthy phones. Rest is shit

Yeah I have to give them credit, they fucking worked for it. MinGW is not bad as well for C++ shit, Photoshop on a touch screen is great, and Premiere Pro is not bad. I've never used Avid myself but I hear it's more powerful than FCP or Premiere. I go to coffee shops (living the stereotype!), and I see as many Surface products as Macbooks now.

pretty much this

The last phone Steve Jobs designed was iphone 4s. In 2018 its still perfectly usuable. My dad has one and its fine. I still have my 4s as a backup to my 6s and will go back to it if it dies.

I have no social media, i leave the tracking device at home. I just carry around a chink DSD DAP and Debian Macbook Air if i need to get any shit done.

I love the apple devices that served me well but i am fucking done with apple. Tim Cuck has made apple incedibly GAY pretentious and Boring like his own faggot ass.

Attached: m0_gif.gif (1000x562, 268K)

>Iphone 5
Low quality power button which stops working is a common hardware failure.
>SE
Incapable of reproducing HD content and it's a 2016. device. I don't see why anyone would buy it back then, forget now.
>iphone 7
No headphone jack, etc.

>Surface
Microsoft is borderline cheating with it. Nobody really wants an MSiPad, but they provide lightweight versions of Office with enough functionality to make the always connected business types happy. It helps that they do have goodnuff keyboards either packed in or included for a reasonable price.

>I've used both for years and they are practically the same
Then you clearly haven't.
>but with a little more stuff you can do on android
With a little more stuff? That's pushing it. IPhones don't even have file managers. What are we talking about here? You can run full distros on any recent Android device.
>and a better ecosystem on apple
Yeah, the ability to install software only from the App Store. You meant to say walled garden I think.

>there are people who have spent $10,000+ over the last 10 years or so on Iphones.
Yeah but they probably sold their phones; assuming even half price it's only 5K over ten years which is 500 a year, so basically nothing considering they get the latest and greatest. Now if they skipped upgrading every other year; it goes right down to 250 a year, which is basically a day or two's pay for unskilled labor.
>TL:dr
stop being poor

Wew look at me, I can copy and paste code from the documentation. Do I fit in now guys!!1!!!11

People like tablets, Microsoft made one that can run real programs, seems like win. I wouldn't use a regular Surface, but I like my Surface Book.

Now I sound like an MS shill but I swear I'm not. They just did some straightforward shit that nobody else bothered to do.