A dedicated input zone alleviates almost all of the usability problems with modern smartphones

>sacrificing screen real estate
the keyboard is also a touchpad.
>swipe gestures harder
its called button shortcuts, honey
>unergonomic to hold in games
what are you doing playing pubg on a phone
>virtual keyboards are better
-t. born after the first bush admin

is a phone designed for zoomers and neo-yuppies really the phone you want to use?

Attached: keyone-swipe.gif (350x622, 3.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9hUIxyE2Ns8?t=318
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/mido/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can I put LineageOS on it?

*sigh*
Your arguments were already destroyed 11 years ago.

youtu.be/9hUIxyE2Ns8?t=318

Virtual keyboards suck compared to real keyboards, but they are indeed better than tiny squarified ones.

that phone is sexy, i'd bang-- buy it.

Nope BlackBerry security doesn't allow custom roms or rooting
If you could this would be the best phone

yes, good goy, use our "alternate" and "open source" rom that comes preinstalled with gapps

this is the only problem with blackberry and i wonder why the chinese havent made knockoffs or keyboardphones

>Virtual keyboards suck compared to real keyboards
yes
>but they are indeed better than tiny squarified ones.
so how the fuck do you get a keyboard on a smartphone then you retard

>what's a computer?

It does not come with gapps, you need to add them yourself, it separate project completely called OpenGapps

exactly. i'm glad someone gets it. its like a real computer, in your pocket, instead of a star trek prop

>so how the fuck do you get a keyboard on a smartphone then you retard
That's the problem people have been trying to solve. First the tiny qwerty ones, then the virtual ones, and the virtual kind won out for various reasons.

check again, you have outdated information which today applies to mostly all custom roms except lineageos

I wondering that too, why there is no chinkphone with hardware keyboards.
I only used hardware keyboard on shitty Alcatel feature phone years ago, but I still miss it. Virtual keyboards are step back.

nigger I flashed LineageOS like month ago and I needed to add separate zip from OpenGapps for gapps.

Fucking retard. Lineage doesn't include gapps.

Attached: 1541912726946.png (224x172, 68K)

You can include it if you want, why would they showed it to your face if you don't want it.

i'm sure you did.

If you are not nigger and can read
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/mido/install#installing-lineageos-from-recovery
You can clearly see in the first step
>Optionally, download 3rd party application packages such as Google Apps (use the arm64 architecture)

Are you really this retarded?

id buy it. you should make this phone op

You clearly haven't touched LineageOS. Stop being retarded somewhere else Richard.

>needed
1st: none of the official ROMs include gapps
2nd: just because most do something doesn't
make it required
3rd: just because you don't have gapps it doesn't mean you can't run apps from the play store
4th: many people use F-Droid and Yalp Store to replace the Play Store
5th: sideloading .apk is a thing and most kindle firre users know this feel
6th: you don't read and you just follow the step-by-step guide because you don't understand a single thing you are doing

I'm a Senior Member on XDA and shit like this is cancer.

Attached: 1541457889089.jpg (1080x2220, 405K)

It's needed for most people because most people are not autistic and they don't use their phone only for watching anime, we use apps that need gapps, like Google Maps

>tell people gapps isn't needed to use Google services
>buy Oneplus 6
>root
>remove gapps
>install F-Droid and Yalp store
>install Gapps Browser
>all useful Google services work just fine
"It's needed for most people because most people are not autistic and they don't use their phone only for watching anime, we use apps that need gapps, like Google Maps"
>mmm K

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-180049.jpg (1080x2200, 763K)

>the keyboard is also a touchpad.
But it doesn't go away, and show garphics when not in use. Hence it sacrifices a huge portion of real estate that could have been a screen.
>its called button shortcuts, honey
Gestures are pretty solid on bb10.
>what are you doing playing pubg on a phone
Some people like to play fortnite, and other games. Smartphones have evolved into something closer to being a portable genaral purpose machine these days.
>-t. born after the first bush admin
These people are adults now, and blackberries are kind of shit when comparing the to their competition.
>is a phone designed for zoomers and neo-yuppies really the phone you want to use?
Blackberry phones are overpriced low end devices, and earned themselves a shit reliability reputation, so Notes, Galaxies, Chinkshits, and even iphones have long surpassed blackberry in every aspect, so most people would rather use their own money to purchase them instead of blackberry.

>these people are adults now
Being legally in charge of yourself and being a mature person are completely different things.

>But it doesn't go away, and show garphics when not in use. Hence it sacrifices a huge portion of real estate that could have been a screen.
It's also a trackpad and works for shortcuts as well.

>the only thing quoted is not greentexted
wtf

>Being legally in charge of yourself and being a mature person are completely different things.
They are mature enough to understand that blackberries are low end devices, and not worth their price, so they at least have that going for them.

Is this coming from the populist notion that iPhones are the best piece of technology you can flash at a party?

>It's also a trackpad and works for shortcuts as well.
So does a touchscreen, but when you are down with they keyboard it goes away, and reveals extra space for images.

BB10 is the most secure OS

It's coming from the notion that almost every smartphone is better than blackberry devices iphones, xiaomis, samsungs, sony, lg, htc, cat, doogee, and etc are included.

>so does a touchscreen
Yes but the whole point of the keyboard shortcuts is having an array of tactile offscreen shortcuts. Also you can't scroll without covering the screen while scrolling with the screen.
>but when you are down with they keyboard it goes away, and reveals extra space for images.
But to get that extra space I sacrifice my keyboard for a far inferior input device.

I would have bought one of these if they had a T-Mobile/Metro model that had all their bands.

Nobody buys Blackberry anyways so I don't get why you're pushing this point that Gen Z are so much better, for not buying stuff that nobody has bought for almost a decade.

>BB10 is the most secure OS
It was never the most secure os. Iphones were proven to be more secure than bb10 even during bb10's hayday.

I love my Blackberry Key2. I don't think i'll ever go back to iphone-clone hell.

Attached: 1492645480735.jpg (243x207, 7K)

Which is why the secret service uses iphones for the president rig-- oh wait lol

>Yes but the whole point of the keyboard shortcuts is having an array of tactile offscreen shortcuts. Also you can't scroll without covering the screen while scrolling with the screen.
The whole point of a display is to view it, and having a physical keyboard in the way hinders that, and leaves you with an awkward sized display.
>But to get that extra space I sacrifice my keyboard for a far inferior input device.
You don't get that display space back at all. It's gone.
Also blackberry has the record for having more returns than sales for a device. This is not a company with a positive track record.

>i wonder why the chinese havent made knockoffs or keyboardphones

because they sell like shit
mystery solved

I never claimed that genz is so much better. My claim is that blackberries are shit, and even Gen Z is smart enough to avoid their products, and it was within context.

Fund it

Go shill that piece of shit to somewhere else. Not only does BlackBerry not allow unlocking the bootloader on that thing, they also took 14 months to deliver the Oreo update to my Keyone.

They don't use boeing's samsung phones, or whatever the latest validated phones anymore?

>The whole point of a display is to view it, and having a physical keyboard in the way hinders that, and leaves you with an awkward sized display.
Not in the slightest. My Passport's 1:1 4.5" display is equivalent to a 5.3" 16:9 display. More than adequate for a phone. Hell my Q10's 3.1" display was fine.
>You don't get that display space back at all. It's gone.
If only I had a fuck to give.
>Also blackberry has the record for having more returns than sales for a device. This is not a company with a positive track record.
I'd take a repetitive return cycle through BlackBerry over using a keyboardless device any day.

>3.1" display was fine.
>1:1 4.5" display
You could of had a non awkward display if you bought a decent phone with a shitty physical keyboard.
>If only I had a fuck to give.
I already had a feeling that you had nothing to lose since you own a blackberry.
>I'd take a repetitive return cycle through BlackBerry over using a keyboardless device any day.
Not everyone here agrees with your lifestyle choice, but that is fine user. It's cool, and nobody will judge you as long as you don't try to prostelyze your lifestyle choices, and force feed your disease everywhere.

You can even see it that gif how janky that shit is, no thanks

Reminds me of a Fruit Ninja port you could play by swiping (and pressing) the physical numpad.

FLIP-OUT KEYBOARD

no slide out

>You could of had a non awkward display if you bought a decent phone with a shitty physical keyboard
>could of
I find it to be anything but awkward. Due to the screen being as wide as it is tall I never need to rotate my phone for content to be more properly displayed.
>I already had a feeling that you had nothing to lose since you own a blackberry.
Ad hominem won't get you anywhere, user.
>Not everyone here agrees with your lifestyle choice, but that is fine user. It's cool, and nobody will judge you as long as you don't try to prostelyze your lifestyle choices, and force feed your disease everywhere.
You sure seem to be judging me but okay, whatever you say.

>I find it to be anything but awkward.
And your contrarian opinion is important, because?
>Due to the screen being as wide as it is tall I never need to rotate my phone for content to be more properly displayed.
the passport was an awkwardly shaped device that looked like it would only be comfortable if kept in a purse, so now I'm assuming that you carry a purse to put your refurbished bb pw in.
>Ad hominem won't get you anywhere, user.
It got me another you, and another chance to tell you why you that you are a waste of space who has bad taste.
>You sure seem to be judging me but okay,
You seem used to it, so I'm not bothered.
>whatever you say.
Yes, I am in charge here. I'm ecstatic that we both acknowledge my dominance over you, and now I feel that our chat has been fruitful.
You being the fruit, of course.

2007: text in class, at work, or in a hostage situation without getting caught
2018: constantly have to give your phone to the teacher for looking at your phone, get fired, or shot
checkmate iphoneclones

Attached: 1518576261128.png (472x448, 200K)

>And your contrarian opinion is important, because?
Because we're discussing a personal device. For my uses my opinion is the only relevant one.
>the passport was an awkwardly shaped device that looked like it would only be comfortable if kept in a purse, so now I'm assuming that you carry a purse to put your refurbished bb pw in
There is no way you're old enough to use this site. Anyway, I keep it in the same spot I'd keep any other phone, my front pocket. Twat.

ITT: I'm the strongest.

Attached: yukari.png (1308x1025, 1.56M)

>Iphones were proven to be more secure than bb10 even during bb10's hayday.
You're cute. Remember the PIN attempt overload exploit from earlier this year? And what wave of iCloud leaks are we on again?
Sure, by being proprietary and backwards in every way to modern mobile operating systems.

>Because we're discussing a personal device. For my uses my opinion is the only relevant one.
Nobody wants to talk about your dragon dildos., but maybe we should, because dragon dildos aren't as gay as blackberry.
>There is no way you're old enough to use this site.
There's no way to regain your masculinity in this thread user. You already gave it up a few posts ago, so please stop trying to assert your dominance now. Bitch.
>Anyway, I keep it in the same spot I'd keep any other phone, my front pocket.
Your front prison pocket you fucking cell block tranny.
>Twat.
It will never be a real one homo.

>this what the future of keyboard will be
>swiping on keys
>autist people will meme how mechanical swipe keys are better, and how cool it is that it lights up with what ever letters you feel on it.

>You're cute. Remember the PIN attempt overload exploit from earlier this year? And what wave of iCloud leaks are we on again?
The claim wasn't that iphones are actually secure, just that they have been proven to be more secure than bb10.

This post reeks of underage b&

wrong

Attached: Cirno 11.jpg (595x841, 224K)

>trivializing pairing the keyboard with the trackpad
This shit's the best advancement in mobile tech since we dropped resistive touch

google maps literally doesnt need gapps

>This post reeks of underage b&
The whole thread reeks of bait from crackberry.
>Make thread about dumb retarded device that no one uses in hopes to raise awareness for a device that no one wants
I bet you're one of those retarded faggots that think the only reason blackberry failed was due to poor marketing instead of poor pricing, poor quality, and poor management.

just stop replying to him. This is a board for adults to talk.

Attached: 1498286085064.jpg (409x409, 66K)

Boom

Attached: galaxy-note8-acc_keyboard.jpg (509x787, 43K)

Attached: mickey.jpg (600x315, 20K)

Looks like a flimsy piece of shit desu

samsung is going to steal it in like 5 years when the run out of gimmicks and its going to be interesting

Attached: scrolls.gif (640x360, 3.33M)

>when you see OP pull his bb10 from his purse.

Attached: 12363486.jpg (705x1080, 110K)

what the fuck is this

its an android phone btw

>its an android phone btw
>BlackBerry branded
Just not a good one though.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1532954879103.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

if this had link cable support i would buy it

>scrolls.gif
You do realize that scrolling is not unique to that device? You can literally do that on any smartphone, but on good phones there isn't a big ugly keyboard where part of the screen should be.

You do realize that scrolling is not unique to that device? You can literally do that on any smartphone, but on good phones there isn't a big ugly keyboard where part of the screen should be.
That's what makes the BlackBerry so much better. You can also use the keyboard for moving the cursor when typing and various other things.

I hope BlackBerry keeps trying new AND OLD things.

Attached: blackberry priv.gif (555x312, 1.08M)

>That's what makes the BlackBerry so much better.
Shit opinion that doesn't reflect reality. Nobody thinks that it makes it better.
>You can also use the keyboard for moving the cursor when typing and various other things.
You can also use the screen on a touch screen to do this without having a retarded permanent keypad in the fucking way.
The keypad is an obstruction, not a feature.

>Yes but the whole point of the keyboard shortcuts is having an array of tactile offscreen shortcuts.
tactile feedback is important
when will MIT release the programmable physical-virtual keyboard

I hope someone else buys blackberry, and makes it good.

>Shit opinion that doesn't reflect reality. Nobody thinks that it makes it better
I do.
>You can also use the screen on a touch screen to do this without having a retarded permanent keypad in the fucking way.
I can do it without my finger getting in the fucking way.
>The keypad is an obstruction, not a feature.
I disagree wholeheartedly. Neat thing about that, they make phones that suit both of our preferences.

>The whole point of a display is to view it, and having a physical keyboard in the way hinders that

split screen two apps, one to read from a scanned image that can't be OCR'd, the other to type into (say a GPS address or whatever)

virtual keyboard pops up, entire real-estate of one of the windows destroyed

best of both worlds
this shit looks perfect

Attached: 1451612542050.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Physical keyboards got replaced for a reason. they're shit for phones. Nobody wants to waste screen space and not have different input interfaces for different applications. Swipe typing works fine.

Attached: blackberry-priv-7.jpg (616x490, 75K)

>I do.
t. Alvin W. Sariaatmadja
>I can do it without my finger getting in the fucking way.
What an interesting fucking issue. I have never headr anyone make this complain before, because anyone with half a brain would probably end up moving their finger away from the display when not interacting with it (you can't remove the keypad btw, it's there forever in the way taking up valuable screen real estate)
>I disagree wholeheartedly.
You are just pretending to disagree, but we all see that there is a fucking keypad where the screen should be
>Neat thing about that, they make phones that suit both of our preferences.
Did they start using top of the line hardware, and is it now root/romable? If not then all blackberry is selling are devices that go against my sensibilities.
>split screen two apps,
>virtual keyboard pops up, entire real-estate of one of the windows destroyed
Not a problem on a not, so I'm guessing that you don't have any good reasons, so you are now grasping at straws.

Except like this.

Attached: GadgetMatch-the-matrix-nokia-8810-20180225-1[1].gif (800x450, 853K)

Attached: Oppo Find X.webm (1920x1080, 470K)

Attached: 1532669402958.jpg (469x610, 43K)

It isn't wasting screen place when it isn't part of the screen at all.

And that people carry around giant glass bricks almost as big as phones from the 80s.

>What an interesting fucking issue. I have never headr anyone make this complain before, because anyone with half a brain would probably end up moving their finger away from the display when not interacting with it
This is about when you are interacting with it.
>you can't remove the keypad btw, it's there forever in the way taking up valuable screen real estate
Since you keep bringing this point that I've repeatedly pointed out doesn't bother me, I'd like to point out that keyboards don't need to take up screen space. See >You are just pretending to disagree
If I agreed with you I wouldn't have a BlackBerry Passport.
>but we all see that there is a fucking keypad where the screen should be
Quite the opposite for me. When I look at a normal phone I see that there's fucking screen where the keyboard should be. But I don't bitch and moan, some people like having a full screen device. As long as someone makes a decent keyboard device, like BlackBerry has continued to do, I'll be content. Meanwhile you've got 99.99% of the market catering to your preferences and still can't stop bitching.
>Did they start using top of the line hardware
I dunno, I stopped caring about their new phones when they stopped caring about BB10OS.
>and is it now root/romable?
I can guarantee that part's a no.
> If not then all blackberry is selling are devices that go against my sensibilities.
ok

That's because you guys are still trying to use virtual keyboards the way you use analog keyboards. Try swiftkey or keyboard69 to experience superior virtual-keyboard masterrace.

>keyboards don't need to take up screen space

Attached: t-mobile-g1.jpg (645x523, 81K)

Swiping helps make onscreen keyboards bearable but I'll still take a real one over that any day.

What?

Attached: HTC Desire Z.jpg (2358x5034, 431K)

Yes, I see that you're posting sliders. Again, what's your point?