/spg/ - Smartphone General

Emergency Pocophone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Xiaomi-Pocophone-F1.jpg (1380x709, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

honorbuy.com/1316-xiaomi-redmi-5-plus-64gb-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html
honorbuy.com/1385-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any phone that does not have a 3.5mm is a cuck phone fight me.

But this is correct?

fuck off and die already boomer.

OP6+

No 3.5mm is okay, notch is okay, there's millions of different phones to choose from for everyone, stop baiting for replies faggot

Attached: 1537968521289.png (600x373, 92K)

>enjoys having his phone penetrated by male jacks
You're the cuck here

My mini review of my smartphone: I fucking hate my pocophone and I can't believe you faggots tricked me into buying one.

>mi mix 3 is locked to three in UK
WHYYYYYFUCII REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What do you hate of it??

Dear friend, please understand

Good evening Jow Forumsents, I'm just a poor fag that feels like buying the note 9. Is it really worth to spend all of that dough on a phone ? Note that I'm a third worlder and I've spent months to put the dough together. Also, I just want to play vainglory with the best settings and edit documents on the go.

Attached: 1541683714457.jpg (702x562, 67K)

>no 3.5mm jack
>glass back but no Qi
>no water resistance rating
>notch
yeah sure, "never settle" right?

Three what? Eggs, melons, socks?

pocophone

We actually tried to warn you but you didn't listen.

If I were a third worlder I'd make do with a Note 8 instead which costs nearly half.

Source?

best chinkphone for 200-250$?

is it still the xiaomi redmi 5 plus? pls help i need to get one tomorrow

I fucking hate these 18:9 screens bros. Any phones with flagship specs but with a 16:9 screen?

Redmi Note 5

Razer Phone 2

If I were a third worlder I'd kill myself.

Returned poco and got an S8 (was like ~25% more expensive). Now that wat a premium fone feels like.

the regular, pro or plus? its so confusing.

this one? honorbuy.com/1316-xiaomi-redmi-5-plus-64gb-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html

>pocophone
It's this years OnePlus One. Copying features and specs from flagships and cutting corners as much as possible to fit into $300 price tag.
It's good but not great by any means, you get what you pay for

Redmi Note 5, with SD636 and dual rear camera:
honorbuy.com/1385-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-official-global-version-smartphone-black.html

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb

Any phones with flagship specs but with a 16:9 screen that doesn't also have a hideous LED snake on the back?

thanks bro, gonna get the one from honorbuy

>40 bucks
>can do anything a $400 phone can do, but slower
>surprisingly good camera quality
>nokia candy bar level batterylife and durability, screen is plastic so won't break

Attached: 75-353-282-S07.jpg (640x480, 23K)

get this phone, it is the best for your money and you can have more money to spend on food.

No. Put a sticker on it.

BUT I NEED A $1000 USD PHONE TO SHOW OFF TO ALL THE OTHER POOR PEOPLE

seriously, i do not understand the mindset. my mom makes 190k USD a year, and she got there by pinching pennies and buying things like this phone that are cheap, durable and do the job just fine.

what? being cheap doesn't land you a well paying job

because they aren't jewish like us. i have a $100 xiaomi with a cracked screen and cannot be bothered replacing the phone or screen, i looked at the note 5/6 but decided not to buy because i didnt need it. i buy summer clothes in winter, winter clothes in summer, etc.

yes it does, accountants are all cheap, if you can out jew the most jewish job ever then you get paid a lot.

Can it do voice over LTE?

>tfw when all I have is $1500 and got myself a $600 phone
boy am I bad at money.. I need to jew up

Attached: 1489245289364.jpg (1260x1024, 183K)

at least write the model of the phone you fag

not as bad as i was. i spent my entire savings on a brand new samsung s4 back in the day. realised my mistakes, it did last 4 years though so well worth it. be a jew like the rest of us and you'll afford other cool things.

>Have Sprint.
>Want Android phone that can be rooted for tethering.

What phone is good?

>because they aren't Jewish like us

Attached: 1467872913338.jpg (400x224, 35K)

the one that doesn't break the bank

redmi 6a

Is there a better buy than a used 9/10 condition Essential Phone for $220? Located in the US with Cricket; want as much reception as possible, with at least 4gb ram and 64gb storage.

Don't buy used phones. Just..... don't.

i'll add. dont buy used electronics.

You'll get a 1 year used battery, which is already a turn-off. Phone itself is pretty basic.. fantastic build quality, but that's pretty much all it has going for it. Shit laggy camera, mediocre battery.. I'd rather add a few bucks and buy a new chinkphone like Poco

Note S9, Mi 8 or Mate 20 Pro?

lol. bought my nexus 6 used and it only broke after i replaced the battery and tightened screws too hard (screen cracked). Worked fine for 2+ years

Never buy used, especially with a phone that's had some spotty QC. If I remember correctly Cricket uses a GSM network so go for a Mi A2 Lite or Redmi Note 5 Pro

wtf is play store down?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-13-03-33-50-809_com.android.vending.jpg (559x316, 17K)

what's the best brand for Cases?
best ratio cheap / good quality

Attached: 1496902520440.jpg (1757x1556, 207K)

Hey bellas it's the note 9 fag here, I was just browsing the pocomeme that was recommended and found this beauty. I'll buy it. Now the question is will it run Diablo immortal ? Also, is there any chink phone that has a metal body ?

Attached: Screenshot_20181112-203630~3.png (960x872, 460K)

>Diablo Immortal

kys immediately

Wait until if T-Mobile's buyout of Sprint is approved or not.

iphone: 8+ or XR?

Attached: 6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.78M)

Works for me

Why buy that when you could get a Mi Mix 3 instead

>taking the bait
>spacing

Attached: f63[1].jpg (396x382, 22K)

kys

boomers actually don't care about the jack because most of them just blast whatever they're listening/watching through the speaker phone.

You know what ? I'm new to these Chinese brands. The one you listed is pretty gud and cheap, I can't help but feel like I'm walking into a trap though. What's the catch with them ?

Mostly likely yeah, the Mi 8 has SD845.

I don't think the global version is out for sale yet.

Should I get a samsung S8? what are other alternatives around?

literally any other fucking phone

> he is buying a redmeme note 5 the day after the 11.11 sale

man just come the fuck on, you are making me angry now

>le spacing is bad meme
It's been fucking years when will you cucks stop pretending that anyone who doesn't like looking at a bloated wall of text is from reddit?

chink DSD DAPs and chink IEMS with fancy silver braded cables are how you show off nigga

i be in da park and cute joggers with airpods and iphone x be mirin my big analogue knob and raw aluminium connected to audio jewellery they never knew existed.....

I'm still struggling with a jammed sim card tray on my redmi 5 plus

I managed to get it out once with a piece of plastic.
thinking it got stuck because I had an sd card inserted but no sim card, I re-inserted it with the sim card AND sd card.

Lo and behold, it jammed itself again.
Why is the actual physical thing that's causing it to jam? Is this common? Judging by the results on google it seems like it's a rather common defect

is there a way to reliably un-jam the sim tray?
Should I get a replacement phone?

>tfw the redmi note 5 is still on sale on gearbest but the sale ends in a few hours and I don't get paid until Friday

JUST FUCK MY LIFE ALREADY

I hope that at least something decent comes with the black friday/buen fin deals.

But I know at best it will be like 10% off. JUST

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1538597792546.jpg (1242x808, 36K)

I'm not even from the UK and I can tell that 3 is the name of the carrier you brainlet

It happened to me with my old ZTE V8 SE. Did you happen to drop the phone or something? These chinktrays are super flimsy, it could also be an issue of the tray just being not very sensitive and you needing to push down really hard on the slot to make it pop. Once it's out just wiggle it around with care

These are Zoomers who never read books you are dealing with.

Attached: 4chan mods use spacing.png (900x300, 171K)

I just got the thing in the mail today, I haven't dropped it yet.
I'll try again and report back

it ejects properly for a few milimeters. Then just when it gets loose, it catches and refuses to pull out any further. The actual ejection mechanism seems to be working fine.
No amount of wiggling seems to be doing anything

xr or xs max?
i've never owned a phone worth more than $150. kind of tired of android and want to try something new as well.

Xr bro

Attached: IMG_20181112_211458.jpg (3024x4032, 3.01M)

I'm not proud of it but using a vibrator while wiggling the tray got it out

makes sense considering the rumble probably unstuck whatever piece was caught inside.Still, wwhy would you

Nevermind not even going to ask

Attached: 3912-kermit-wat.jpg (127x127, 9K)

Level your jew up to the point where you unplug anything you're not actively using from the wall every time, reusing cooking oil repeatedly etc.

Ok why wouldn't I want to get the Note 6 over the Note 5? Note 6 has USB C and apparently a better screen for around the same price

Mostly just MIUI, it's sort of clunky but luckily you can unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi phones

When is Honor 8X coming to USA? I can't fucking wait.

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Nokia 6.1, it's been sitting at $200 for the past day or so and it looks a bit nicer than Moto G6 or the X4 that are in the same price range. I've been itching to find out how nu-Nokia is doing, do I bite the bullet?

Attached: Nokia-6.1-AH-NS-12[1].jpg (1920x1280, 171K)

user, I...

how usable are samsung phones without root?

Attached: .jpg (782x440, 56K)

Honor 8x in USA when? Also the max version too.

none of that happened you fucking shill

It's impossible to root Samsung phones nowadays because of locked bootloader, and you can block all bloatwares via adb or package disabler pro apk.

I’m thinking of getting the LG V30 but it’s already over a year old. What do you anons think?

Are there any phones as large as the xiaomi mi Max 3 that work on T-Mobile. I want a stupid huge phone for my large hands.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Max-3.png (573x397, 218K)

It's still my daily driver and I like it a lot.

Attached: v30.jpg (2157x1440, 2.19M)

how do I enable root on lineage os 16/android pie? It's not in developer settings like it normally is, and I flashed the su zip correctly

And I like you a lot, user

Attached: bii.png (640x360, 164K)

Is buying new Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 right now a bad idea? I don't have huge requirements: decent battery, fingerprint scanner and running youtube, browser and communicator. I'm used to MIUI as I'm on Redmi Note 3 now.
I've also thought about cheaper Redmi 5, Redmi 6 Pro or A2 Lite
What do you guys think?