>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1473000068420.jpg (600x450, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh
pcpartpicker.com/list/YDs7dX
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The A key on my blackwidow ultimate 2013 keeps jamming after every 8 strokes or so, what the fuck do I do? I don't wanna throw it out and buy a new one just because of one key jamming. I cleaned the whole thing inside out, there's 0 dirt or any broken stuff.

Is it wrong to consider an AMD card solely because I plan to buy a FreeSync monitor? It's the best cost/benefit wise for me (the monitor I mean).

>taking the front and top panels of my case (H440) off dropped my CPU’s temperature 10C during benchmarking
Why did I buy this case

Attached: 1475442990413.png (1106x1012, 573K)

>H440
just drill holes in it make a mesh cover

Good luck using an AMD card to play at 1440p with high refresh rates

>HDD just died
Well fuck. If it had happened a week ago I'd have just bought a new one, if it happened next week I'd have got one for cheap in Black Friday sales. This however, is perfect timing for it to be the upper limit of time to the sales where I'd feel like an idiot for not waiting.

No vidya for a week and a half for me.

/v/ here, should I pull the trigger? I made a thread and it was brought to my attention that the i5 wouldn't be powerful enough? I'm not very tech savvy and building my own PC is intimidating but I want to get a gaming computer

Attached: Untitled.png (1142x969, 210K)

Is this bait?

>free extra large t-shirt
of course

Attached: 1432721700557.jpg (1024x1191, 131K)

If this dude had fuller lips and a less manly bone structure I'd totally smooch him no homo

>400 bong for a TN monitor
youch

And yeah I agree that I'd really get a board more suited to an X CPU, and B-die for the better longevity of the platform.

Also wait wtf? Vega is still cheap in the UK?
You can get the Vega 56 Red Dragon for £360
I don't understand why that wasn't your consideration to begin with given the better Freesync monitor choices.
Strix for £395 is also really cheap for a bit better of a card.
Pair that with the PX 277h or something and you'll have an HDR IPS for around the same price as that overpriced goysync TN monitor.

Hell given you budget, you can even the best Vega model, the Nitro+, for a bit more if you really don't care about the lower value. You're saving much more than that on Freesync anyway and were about to spend almost that much on a 1070Ti.

Only really makes sense to get Nvidia here if you're going for a higher end (and lower value) card like the 1080ti. I'd take the AMD card and better monitor, myself.

>6 threads for $4091
Buy at least 2 of them, vriend.

>4k dolans
>i5
that build is worth 1500 tops

Yo what the heck is Intel Optane Memory

A really expensive R&D mistake.

they delidded it and replaced the paste with liquid metal tho

I just bought a gigabyte triple fan 1080 for 600 cad since it was cheaper than a non-blower vega 56

Did I fuck up?

Please explain further, I'm a PC building virgin

Which has a better value?

570 or 580?

These sub 400 dollar 1070 tis are tempting. I have a 1060 6gb so I don't really need to upgrade but damn.

IIRC it's supposed to be low latency high bandwidth storage that sits between ram speeds/latency, and ssds. I guess that it somewhat works, but the pricing per gb is retarded.

it's like ram for your HDD

Local miner is selling gtx 1080tis for $300 per card, but have to buy in bulk. Is this a good price, and could I potentially make a profit off it in the current gpu market?
Miner claimed that the rma is transferable. Is this true?

Anyone build a home media server with a J5005? There aren't a lot of cheap options for mini-itx but the j5005 comes with a board for $120. Nothing else really offers that price point new

It's like a tiny, expensive storage drive that is supposed to be incredibly fast but for average users it doesn't make any sense because SSDs are generally fast enough for their needs, are way cheaper, and come in much higher capacities.

Man, I remember the article this pic comes from. It tested various different vegetables for cooling. I'm pretty sure I was the first to repost that pic on Jow Forums.

>hmmmmmm

Attached: 1600580vs84001060.png (2304x838, 117K)

Or the J4105 which is slower by a but but like 60% of the price

Hmmm..

I could possibly but a broken Surface laptop and take out the screen.
It's 2,256x1,504, 13.5" diagonal 11.2x7.5"
So 11.2" high in portrait mode.
And a 27" diagonal 4k screen would be 13.2"

Damn. Microsoft needs to make a 15" model for it to line up better. :(
Or I get 24" 4K but ehhhhh. I'd rather have 27 and there are more models.

That triple fan G1/windforce model is about as loud as a blower. It's really bad.
But 600 CAD for a non-blower Vega56 is pretty bad, too, though.

RX570 Red Dragon for $150 is the best buy right now unless you absolutely need the slightly higher FPS from a 580.

If they all work fine, yeah obviously you can make a profit selling them for around $500.

If it is true it could work out. Definitely stress test and benchmark each card individually before on selling though.
Excellent, a new copy/pasta

Nice try shill

Attached: In_case_of_AMD_shill_2.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

>these outdated prices
This was back when an argument could've been made for an 8400.

This. There's no debate now. Even RAM prices have dropped a little bit.

Thanks anons. I think I might actually buy one just out of curiosity. But goddamn $80 for 32gb? There are Micro SDs for smartphones bigger than this wtf

Oh there is a 15" Surface Laptop.
3,240 x 2,160
12.5" high in portrait mode.
That's almost perfect. I need to find a broken one of these..

It's caching. And it sucks because the software sucks.
Caching sucks. Tiered storage doesn't.
Optane is actually really good with StoreMi, but you want more than 32Gb... There is the 480Gb one for like $480.

You're better off buying a regular NVME SSD right now.

8400 still gkes for 200 retard

They sell larger optane ssds now. Prices are not great though per gb, but they aren't unaffordable.
$200ish for 240gb, and $400ish for 480. The 16, and 32gb modules seem pretty cheap now, but they probably wouldn't do you any good unless you are running slow magnetic drives, and even then I don't think that there was much of a speed difference when opting to use a standard ssd as a cache for them.
The tech is pretty cool, but it's not really something that would benefit most normal people especially at the price premium.

if anyone could help make pc parts list for me , i would be grateful ... .
max $1000 - im not sure if this is too little
i would like to use it for streaming, just my artwork and maybe overwatch? i want to be able to run pubg at least
a silent pc, anything is better than what i have now desu

Attached: kYgKhKlEeUE.jpg (428x579, 40K)

Is buying used monitors off ebay a good idea? Been looking at the Dell S2716DG off there since I'm a cheap fuck. Would 340 be too much for a used one?

And the 2600 goes for $50 less. Just get better RAM and a more future proof processor with a better upgrade path, nigger? It's not like slow RAM is good for intel either. The lengths that you shintels will go through to claim 6c/6t is better than 6c/12t is retarded.

What games, and software do you use?
The above could change whether going intel, or amd would be closest to what you are looking for.

>Is buying used monitors off ebay a good idea?
Fuck no.

I am looking to refresh from a several year old i7 3700k build. This is pretty much a windows gaming machine (pubg, CS, BF, etc) and money is not really a concern for me. I generally sheel out enough for a build to last 4-5 year with maybe a graphics card refresh at some point. Since I would need to get a new mobo / ram as well, I was thinking about going amd.
>Is there any reason to wait until next year for ryzen 3700?
>Is there any reason to go intel instead of amd?
>I currently have a GTX 1070, is it worth it to refresh this card currently or use it in the new build and wait until next year?
>should I wait for black friday to buy or just buy now?

do you need a monitor / peripherals or just a tower?

>upgrading every year
Found the autist

I'm still waiting for 1tb SSDs to fall below $100

The only people upgrading every year are the people the keep fucking buying any i5 after like, the 4670k.

Attached: 1492216863245.jpg (469x312, 20K)

i only play starcraft , league, overwatch things like that, i use photoshop , i have no idea user! anything that you think is best
just a pc, i will buy another monitor sometime - do you any that you recommend

>still gkes
Lol. Using outdated prices for the 8400 as well? You're consistent, I'll give you that.

Attached: _20181113_103746.jpg (1078x1384, 166K)

That's easy to achieve.
pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh
Might need to undervolt that GPU in Wattman to make it silent. Not a great cooler on it. But it's cheap as fuck.

Since you play babby games, you might want to get a 144hz monitor I guess. That GPU does do around 144 in OW in LoL easy.
For streaming, it might be worth upgrading to a 2700X as well, I guess.
Worry about a better cooler and fans after it's already hooked up.

Also damn. Prices are really dropping. This build was like $850 a month ago and $800 a week ago.

No one is buying AM4 to "upgrade every year".
There will be at least 4 generations of CPUs on the platform, it appears.

It's only a $20 difference, pony up.

I can help you out but your post is a little aimless. Where do you feel you need to upgrade right now? The 3700k is still pretty capable if you overclock it. 1080p monitor? Refresh rate you're going for? If your motherboard is capable and you have a good cooler you might be able to slap a 4790k in it too for higher clocks.

Don't want to pay 20 dollars more? Thats awfully antisemitic of you.

Disregard that, I suck cocks. Forgot Haswell was a different platform than Ivy for a sec. No 4790k for you.

>tells people to buy ryzen because muh upgrade path
>now changes his mind
Nice damage control pajeet
>prices don't change every day
Your iq is lower than your co-worker's above
Then stop using the upgrade path meme as an excuse? No sane person who is buying now will upgrade to zen2

I know right? Just pay $100 more for b-die goy

yea I feel like CPU / RAM (16GB) are my bottlenecks at the moment and I might as well upgrade CPU / RAM / Mobo, current build is from late 2012
I have a 2k/1440p monitor

>>tells people to buy ryzen because muh upgrade path
>>now changes his mind
>Nice damage control pajeet
The upgrade path is just a bonus desu. The 2600 is better right now.

There is still an upgrade path TO FUCKING 7 NANOMETER without
>le upgrade every year xd
I got a 1600X. I'll almost surely be upgrading to a 3700X. That'll be a massive upgrade like has never been possible on an Intel platform.
People can also wait to get a 4000 series cheap. People getting a 2000 series now could upgrade to a 3000 and then not need to upgrade again or wait for the 4000 series as well.

>pay $100 more for B-die and get 20% better performance over the 8400 with shitty 2666 RAM and also have the better RAM to get even more out of a future upgrade
Well, yeah. That's well worth it.

Cable extensions come soon

Attached: IMG_2897.jpg (4032x3024, 1.66M)

If your monitor's refresh rate is 60 Hz I'd go Ryzen 2700X. Lots of threads and good multitasking. Capable in all games. If you're ultra competitive 144 Hz type gamer then intel has some merit, but you'll pay for it. 16 GB RAM is generally still plenty outside of edge cases.

is a 450 psu a safe choice for a gaming rig?

>He thinks his shitty b350 will handle 3700x
>People getting a 2000 series now could upgrade to a 3000 and then not need to upgrade again
by the time a sensible person upgrades again from now there will 3-4 new generations thus new chipset. And zen3 won't be am4 delusional retard
>20% better
LOL more like 2%

Thank you for your advice, I'm taking it into consideration for my decision when to build my PC, or buy a prebuilt PC.

>There is still an upgrade path TO FUCKING 7 NANOMETER without le upgrade every year
>process shrink doesn't matter!
Yikes! The Intlel memes are real

Ah, so you're back to your deluded shitposting personality.
Yeah, the damage control over the fact that one platform lets you upgrade to a huge node shrink and another doesn't is just beyond belief.
He can't be that retarded. He's just pretending to be.

It's pretty borderline. You wouldn't want to run Vega64, 1080Ti, nor a 2080 on it.
Anything lower power would be fine.

If you overclock your 3770k and RAM you should be fine for 60fps-ish still, at least without a bunch running in the background.
Aim to get true latency of RAM under 10ns (ie 1866 CL9 at a minimum).
It could also be your SSD dying that is making a lot of i/o wait. Though if it's every game, that's probably not it, as most games now days do asynchronous i/o.

A 2600X would be around 2x the overall performance of your current CPU, if you want to just upgrade.

Someone is offering me a very slightly used R9 Fury Nitro from Sapphire for $210. Is it a good deal? From what I can gather it performs in the ballpark of the 1060 6GB, which is $350 in my country. Used 1060s in my country go for $270. My PSU can power it, no problem and my CPU won't bottleneck it.

Attached: Sapphire_201510125520.jpg (800x639, 55K)

That's actually a really nice version of that GPU. IIRC some of those can be unlocked from 56 CUs to the full 64 CUs. Should be solid for 1080p 60 fps gaming for another 2-3 years (with tweaks here and there) for sure. Those things were unironically going for $249 US brand new a few years ago. They couldn't fucking sell them. Times have changed.

For a Ryzen 3 2200g with 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400mhz RAM which mobo would be the best between ASUS PRIME A320M-K and MSI B450M PRO-M2?

what's the cheapest graphics card that can support 3 monitors?

then what would be the optimal all around range for a psu nowadays? I have a 850 from a previous build years back but the developing trend of cpus/gpus was to lower power consumption and the unit is just way too inefficient.

>unironically going for $249 US brand new a few years ago
I'm seeing now and it looks like a fucking steal. 'm going to look like a retard because I already bought an i7 8700k months ago but I'm pairing with something mediocre by comparison.
Too bad I can't get something nicer because I'm moving to a new house and buying the electrodomestics and all the other basic furniture is going to eat away at all my bonuses from work.
Have a nice day user.

Attached: 1532364907725.jpg (495x700, 132K)

Using 2400Mhz RAM with an APU.

Stop being a retard, buy faster RAM and overclock with the compatible out of the box B450 board...

pcpartpicker.com/list/YDs7dX
Thoughts?

You could buy them new about 18 months ago for $230 US.

The big thing to keep in mind is that Fury had a shitty memory controller that the rest of GCN didn't have, so it acts really similar to the 970 when using 4Gb of VRAM, which many games do now days. On a 4Gb RX570 that's fine; GCN has typically handled VRAM starvation well and it only impacts FPS a bit. But on the Fury, like the 970, it stutters like shit in many cases at 4Gb VRAM usage. So you'll need to adjust settings in many cases.
Also consider that I got a Vega 56, which is about +40% the performance for $330 new which also included $140 of game keys that I should get around $100 for...

But eh, if your prices are like 40% higher... maybe? I'd really just get a used RX570 or 480 instead, though.

Spend a few bucks more to get one of those G.Skill 2800MHz kits.
And obviously the B450 since you can overclock on it.

2200G iGPU will do 4x 4k@60hz if your motherboard has the displays.
For a dGPU, uhh RX550 I guess? Or an older AMD card like the 260.
Almost every AMD card since the 7970 supports 6 displays, assuming it has enough outputs, with a few exceptions like the R3 230 or whatever the fuck those garbage Terascale rebrands were.

Usually 500-650w. 550 has a lot of good models. But it can depend. Some builds might be better with 750. Some only need 450 or less. But 550-650 is a very safe amount to run any upper midrange hardware.

2GB GT710

Reading some reviews on certain RX 570/80 and 1060 cards complain about heat temps and fan noise on heavy loads, boots, etc. Are certain brands normally louder/hotter than others or is that only when overclocked?
If anyone has either card, can/is it really that bad?
No plans on overclocking btw.

>Duke

weird flex, but alright

Are there any cheap PSUs for ITX that won't burn the house down when I'm looking away?

temps and fan noise vary by what GPU SKU you pick up from a brand, case airflow, and room temperature.

personally I got a PNY XLR8 GTX 1060 and I've never seen it go above 72C under max load and the fans are quiet even at high RPM.

I bought some bdie ram due to poor priorities, but should i be pairing it with a 2700x or a 8700k?

So say I know nothing about anything. This is the very first PC I'm building and my goal is to make my dream game on it. Where should I start?

>Where should I start?
youtube

Is it worth overclocking the 2600 at 1440p?

Is it bad?

Setting your budget is literally step 1.

Fair enough.

I'm willing to spend at least $1500

It's time for me to upgrade soon. Someone educate me on amd vs intel. Amd used to be a meme but im seeing alot of friends going with amd recently

Ryzen is great, and Intel can't do anything to match threadripper. There's practically no reason to go intel right now.

AMD FX CPUs were terrible, but AMD Ryzen CPUs are good. They're the best bang for your buck.

It may be inferior in some cases but it is pretty good for its price.

570/580 uses more power for a given performance level to the 1060. Higher power consumption means more heat to dissipate, and more fan noise needed to dissipate that heat. Usually why I'd sooner recommend a 1060 6gb for an enclosure with limited airflow like an SFF build. Where the 570/580 come into their own though is obviously freesync support and of course their current low pricing.

>2700x is best bang for buck

I tested my 2500k @ 4.5 vs 2700x they run neck and neck up to 4 threads when I go higher the 2700x takes the lead. Am I being memed or is everyone just ok with having bad processors.

Only real scenario to go with an Intel is maybe an 8700/8700k for a high refresh 1080p, maybe high refresh 1440p in some cases. Otherwise R5 and R7 pretty much kills it valuewise.
I still feel sorry for anyone who spent their own money on an X299 platform.

Dunno, with good memory the 2700X should have an single thread closer to a 4000 series Haswell chip.

Lets see your CPUZ benchmark results?

Attached: 12edd880d713369b748e15e465bdef26.png (444x885, 50K)

Processor tech has been stagnant for the past decade. You can still game adequately on a Q6600, while a sandybridge or ivybridge are more or less equal to more recent chips especially when overclocked, until you hit the top of CPU limitations in individual cases, or for 1440p or 4k gaming with your 1080's. This wasn't like the 98-08 stretch where you literally had to upgrade every 2-3 years.

Is a 16 GB RAM and 1 TB storage a good deal for a $400 set up orvam I being memed?