In-Home Streaming

How do you set it up?

Do you use hardware like Steam Link or Chromecast? How does it perform with screen mirroring with your PC?

Do you use software? Like Moonlight or Rainway? Are they developed enough to be useful yet?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x250, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parsecgaming.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You realize the IP count went up? It's glaringly obvious you're not the OP. Goddamn you're dumb.

Steamlink is super slow and can't even mirror fast pacing games well. Chromecast is just a phone extension with a big screen with limited usability. PC mirroring is always best choice, but I use my firestick with Kodi

What's an IP count?

>Steamlink is super slow and can't even mirror fast pacing games well
Idk I can play Smash very well with an Ethernet Cable. If you're going wireless, then you need a good dual-band router.

Doesn't Chromecast have mirroring?

What's the best way to control a mirrored PC?

Unified Remote on a Smartphone? KDE Connect?

Where does Parsec fit in?

Well?

I use moonlight on my Playstation Vita to stream my PC games to it through Nvidia Gamestream. It works well enough for Monster Hunter World and GTA V.

Who asked you?

Do you get any lag? What is your router?

Have you tried Parsec?

Use parsec
parsecgaming.com

Haven't noticed any lag playing in my room, bathroom, or kitchen. But when I go out to my backyard then my wifi signal gets poor and the lag kicks in.

Using a AT&T Arris BGW210 router.

Never tried Parsec.

Not the people you're replying to.

Parsec is an additional piece of proprietary software, but muh gaymes anyway, and the privacy policy looks relatively okay from a quick skim.
I'd still prefer to use Moonlight or Steam streaming (if it's a Steam game) because it doesn't mean any additional non-free software.

Where does KDE Connect fit in?

Moonlight works great if you have a good network. Even 10/100 wired connections can run 1080p 60fps with around 70mbps usage. Wifi is hit and miss. Some setups work great, some don't. Only reason to use steam streaming software is the fact it doesn't need a windows pc or Nvidia card. Steamlink hardware wise is really only usable on wired, and even then has issues

>Parsec is an additional piece of proprietary software
It's completely open source

Oh. Can I get a link? I didn't see it anywhere there and their terms had some strong words about licensing so...

Yeah, all I see personally is that it's free but I can't find anything about the source.

Are you sure?

>>Moonlight
>up to 4k HDR
what the fuck, is this for real? do you need an insane in-home setup for this or what?