Decide to learn a programming language

>decide to learn a programming language
>start reading tutorial today
>already halfway done
Do people really go to college for this easy shit?

Attached: tutorial.png (241x541, 16K)

No, you fucking imbecile. If you go to any good university that first thing they are gonna tell you is that they are not teaching you to program in X (any idiot like you can read a tutorial and learn syntax) but to use that language to develop more advance topics in computer science.

Shit thread

so what you're saying is that you don't learn shit in uni?

>has done some reading
Programming is not reading. It is about understanding and applying.

That said: Yes, people do go to college for this. If you find it easy, then that is great! Good programmers are hard to find.

#include

using namespace std;

// main function -
// where the execution of program begins
int main()
{
// prints hello world
cout

Attached: 0e9.jpg (499x499, 24K)

>he didn't flush the buffer manually
keep reading your beginner's tutorial

Congratulations! You have mastered the "B" of the ABCs. Making a useful program is about as far away from you as writing a novel for a kid who has spent his first 2 days in kindergarten.

Th is a boomer fag

"good programmers" == someone who will work for cheap and the do the work of 5 others

I fucked your mom faggot

Assuming you take a CS degree your first year is general electives irrelevant to your major. The rest is math(calc 1, calc 2, discrete math, linear algebra, maybe calc 3 and diff eq), theoretical cs, some stuff related software engineering, some free electives you can take, math, some programming units, IT stuff like computer networking and databases, and maybe an intro computer engineering unit or two on computer hardware

but essentially when you get a job you'll be programming and in a matter of few years after cramming all this shit you'll forget it. although the benefit is that you do learn a lot the above i mentioned isnt necessarily directly related to what you'll be doing (i.e. being a developer) it will help and all the math and theoretical cs stuff will help you think better.

>boomer
You meddlin' kids! Back in my day we used morse code, and we LIKED IT!

On a more sombre note: Dear zoomers, if you are going to apply to programming jobs, please learn and practice programming beforehand. This is a real life job, not a round of Fortnite. In a few years when you turn 18, you will thank me.

in short. cs degrees are good but not necessary. there are two reasons you might want to get one

- to jump over the hurdles that hr puts on you but more and more on people are caring less and less about your degree and more about experience

- the other is you want to learn (but not to learn to make a better programmer/dev because again you wont apply most of this stuff) in which go to a top school or find a school with a good curriculum

Buddy, anyone can pick up a nail gun and put some boards together. Actually learning how to write software is more like learning how to design bridges and skyscrapers than following some plans on how to build a deck in a weekend. There's more to learn than you could fit in a lifetime. Even the absolute top pros of the profession will say that beyond their specialization, their knowledge is fairly limited.

So yeah, you learned the basics about variables, loops and conditionals in a day. That's so very far from impressive.

Yes, but the people who do it either get carried through by low standards or quit.

CS is NOT a "how to program" degree, programming is just a small part where the science in "computer science" can be applied.

Also C++ is a significantly larger language then what is indicated here, I see nothing about streams etc. a real C++ book is many hundreds of pages long.

>doing a tutorial about an archaic version of SEPPLES

Attached: 1232931963267.png (403x428, 103K)

>decide to learn mathematics
>start reading overview of notation today
>already halfway done

i went to college for the job references. my cs dept help me land a $75k/year job with 10k signing bonus with no experience for a giant corp. now with ~3yrs experience under my belt, i can look for a company i actually like working for, and the giant corp on my resume makes people think i know what im talking about

Hey OP, don’t feel bad that there are many people itt who are studying the Kony 2012 of degrees. The “computer science” major is literally math and is for lazy kids whose parents force them to do it so they can end up being 100k/year wagecucks with the same car, house, dog and white picket fence as everyone else. Telling them this triggers them. But yes, it is a different question entirely when it comes to building a functional program. I would actually encourage you to not read a guide on coding, figure out something that serves a useful purpose to you or others and build it quickly. You will learn much more that way and can then sit down with a real book in a few months and understand it

Attached: how-to-draw-an-owl.jpg (500x407, 91K)

Dumbass, I want you to create a 2d world with an array and use a 3d array to load next states for each level and create a method for this, the method must also reload the original default world without breaking.. in c++ without googling... lmao programming isn't copy and paste, its being able to solve code elogance and efficiency, thats understadanble to both parties without being told how to do so.

>decide to learn math
>start reading tutorial
>already halfway done

Attached: mathtutorial.png (1362x650, 131K)

people dont go to college and universities for learning but for the certification, if you want to be more than just a white skinned pajeet you'll have to do most of the learning yourself outside of school hours anyway. companies care about degrees mostly to filter out undesiderables but a thicc github can be worth as much if not more than them

CS majors are the biggest retards around.

Attached: CS major builds a computer for verge.png (936x477, 78K)

thanks based falcon

Condescending.
You forgot, that many of them are extremely condescending.

- T. finance major with coding skills working in fintech, who saved projects countless times by simply applying common sense

>half way done
>just started with pointers

oh boy here we go - come back if you can actually programm anything that does more than adding up two numbers.