Power goes out

>power goes out
>ups kicks in
>have 5 minuted to shut down windows
>in the rush of doing so I shut down without skipping updates

Attached: wojak.jpg (236x253, 10K)

>5mins
you must have a very shitty ups

Windows doesn't care much if you just pull the plug. It doesn't get to flush prefetch data to disk when killed, so it has to rebuild the cache at next boot. Reboot twice and you're running smoothly again.

Modern fickly firmware on the other hand..
I've had a few early UEFI systems brick because of firmware that couldn't handle me holding the button.

>Windows doesn't care much if you just pull the plug. It doesn't get to flush prefetch data to disk when killed
Why even mention superfetch? who cares.

You need to worry about NTFS and its shitty journal and write cache randomly corrupting whatever was open.

>he is not updating his bios during a thunderstorm with pc directly hooked to the fuse box without fuse

>hurricane warning
>time to update bios!

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - 06 [720p]_00:10:19_04.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>what is hibernation?

Your UPS, assuming it's at least 1350 or something, has 3-5 minutes if you're running at full blast at the time it kicks in. If you're already in shut down mode, the time extends drastically.

based user

My building has a diesel generator that can run for days without extra diesel. Most buildings have them, general middle class thing.

Live in one of the poorest countries on Earth.

tfw vastly superior westerner can't even keep an internet connection while my shitty building can survive most natural disasters.

pic associated

Attached: c266980c497a63b75aee432468b80da9.jpg (811x709, 43K)

Probably because power outages are a common thing in your cunt while they happen like once a year here for 2 days if you're unlucky.

If I hear my fans speed up under load, 9/10 times it's because Windows Updates are applying.

>Windows updates

Attached: 8fe.jpg (613x531, 36K)

I haven't experienced a single power outage in my entire life. then again, I live in an actual first world country.

>5 mins
Lmao upslet
Mine is 1 hour bicthes

Half dozen times a year usually, think it's overloads, place is growing like crazy.

Also they have planned maintenance twice a year where they shut down half the city and crews go to work on the lines. It's always sorta eerie, everyone drinking warm beer in the pubs.

That actually seems cozy as fuck

Attached: 820dmwwsgki11.png (1588x1600, 812K)

>power goes out
#thirdworldproblems

sounds like the perfect day to commit crimes

You'd imagine being able to shutdown in 5 minutes. My Linux-box takes about 2-3 seconds.

Still not enough to update windows