How fucked am I if I'm going to fail my algorithms class?

How fucked am I if I'm going to fail my algorithms class?
It follows most of CLRS

Attached: 1542087149900.jpg (220x248, 14K)

>failing literally a bunch of concepts

Pretty fucked. If you’re too stupid to pass algorithms you should change majors

CS is not a degree for you fucked. That's basically the most essential computer science research area, if this is a problem for you then you will have a hard time ascending from code monkey to something more. However, I don't think you can't learn it, just fucking get a grip and do it. It's more a matter of self discipline than some high intelligence. Don't be a pussy, OP.

Get Weiss' book. He explains things better.

Bullshit. I took 3 algorithms classes intro to grad lvl using that book and we skipped a huge chunk of it.

This? Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++
Book by Mark Allen Weiss

I had no issues in any of my classes up until this point.

Why would I lie about failing algorithms?

We're using that book for my advanced algorithms class

> I had no issues in any of my classes up until this point
What, all three of them?

Intro
Intro to C
Object Oriented C++
Data Structures
Discrete Structures
Assembly Programming/Computer Architecture

6 classes

All those classes sans discrete are monkey-tier
For real, algorithms is where real concepts that are more than knowing syntax come in. Unless you're sub 80iq just put a bit more time into it and you should be fine. Try doing hackerrank problems that use the algorithms that you're learning, projects are the best things to cement ideas into my head and maybe for you too.

Just don't fail it lol.

?? Literally none of my algorithms classes asked me to implement anything. It's all inductive proofs and complexity analysis using techniques like reductions, etc.

>It's all inductive proofs and complexity analysis using techniques like reductions, etc.
is this why this board is full of kids who think haskell is good? they're teaching you useless math instead of how to program?

To be fair, they are really only there for people who want to get deeper into complexity/algorithm analysis for potential research. Most of the CS professors here seem to be doing research in mathematics as well.
There's no software engineering degree where I study, but most people seem to treat it as one after taking the required algorithms & complexity analysis/language paradigms/compilers courses.

Solid bait

yeah I'm going to hire you for how good you are at writing proofs instead of being able to program

While you do go over most of the algorithms learned in your algorithms course in your data structures course, I do want to point out that part of it is getting the feel for designing and proving new algorithms based off of old ones you have seen, hence why dynamic programming and algorithm design is often a part of the course outline.
Obviously nothing you do in your non-graduate courses will be of any use, but the mindset is helpful for general problems that don't have an immediately applicable algorithm that you have seen before.

Maybe you shouldn't look for grads of a theoretical math program then

>Intro
>Intro to C
>Object Oriented C++
>Data Structures
>Discrete Structures

These should've been 3 classes max with Discrete in the math department.

>theoretical math program
>Intro to C
>Object Oriented C++
>Assembly Programming
???

to be fair, you require higher than average (read: high) intelligence to understand and apply these concepts intelligently

>cs majoring learning to code

kek

Attached: CS degree jobs.png (823x378, 56K)

>6 classes
are you studing in bangladesh university?

>programming languages are languages
>a match box car is basically a real car

i dont have a brainlet pic of this calibre

So this is why my CS classes are full of rick and morty fans

Look brainlet, look for something you can first comprehend like toddler and then go up the ladder
Grokking Algorithms>Mastering Algorithms with C>Competitive Programmer’s Handbook
You should at least finish these in less than 3 months