Install Gentoo

What is absolute minimum for Gentoo?
Gentoo documentation does not say this.

Supposedly someone installed it on a 300MHz Pentium MMX with 64MB of RAM. X will not be able to start in such a machine.

How about 1.4GHz Pentium 3 single CPU system then? With 512MB RAM?

Is this usable to browse Jow Forums?
How about youtubes?

Attached: gentoo.png (1280x1024, 230K)

It will take you an unreasonably long time to build packages, you should probably stick to something pre-compiled.

>Is this usable to browse Jow Forums?
Jow Forums is a botnet
>How about youtubes?
use newpipe on android

gentoo is bloat
linux kernel is bloat
compiling from source is bloat

Brother, you need to get off Jow Forums once in a while. If my mind ran on that many memes, I would probably just kill myself.

i get off Jow Forums to cum in your moms bloated pussy

you need to get off the internet sometime. if my mind took every shitpost that seriously, I'd probably kill myself

Midori is pretty lightweight and supports HTML5 so I imagine it can run Youtube.
Jow Forums will run on anything.
There is no minimum for Gentoo, but your processor is in the GHz range so I'm not sure why you'd even be worried.
as far as RAM goes, I couldn't make any promises but with Firefox and Discord shut off my machine consumes ~100MiB ram on average.

Nobody should run youtube. Use youtube-dl.

>processor is in the GHz range so I'm not sure why you'd even be worried

because more and more software is starting to require SSE2+ instructions and 64bits

Pentium 3 has SSE2 and 32 bits

>Tualatin single core
>Desktop CPU
>Up to 2 GHz
>400 MHz FSB
>256 KB L2 cache

how do you watch vids or search for em?

you bing videos and stream them to mpv with youtube-dl

why bing search baby?

Bing is the standard search engine for GNU/Linux

absolute state of Jow Forums

>implying he’s wrong

I never implied. I'm shook

Do you compile chromium locally my gentoo bros? Is there a noticeable difference in performance or overall interaction with the browser being super fast?
Firefox fags stay out

Enjoy your botnet.

>implying standard firefox isn't
the only true botnet free browser is IceCat.
Also enjoy getting raped by sjws

hwat?

Gentoo is linux botnet even though it's the least bad of them all
Get FreeBSD/TrueOS instead

Use void + I3 DE

>what is Falkon

I used to run Gentoo on a 500MHz celeron with 512MB of ram.

Just set up a swap file so the kernel doesn't run out of ram and start killing shit. Compiling shit takes a long time.

It's usable but you gotta make some compromises. I'd recommend using musl instead of glibc, libressl in place of OpenSSL, having a static /dev/, minimal kernel, minimal use flags and having distcc setup to compile everything on a different computer that is faster. Also see if using Wayland on it is better than Xorg.(which probably is)

>>How about 1.4GHz Pentium 3 single CPU system then? With 512MB RAM?
>
>How about youtubes?
yes, with arch

i personally have a Firefox keyword [ y ] to search YT with dgg lite

you could use yt dl itself to search but it will ofc first load the video and then you'd see it's title - so it may not be the one you want [but it usually is]

The latter will run, just don't use a bloatware browser and you're fine. If you skip X you can definitely use it

>How about 1.4GHz Pentium 3 single CPU system then? With 512MB RAM?
It will work as long as you don't compile shit locally. I think you need at least 1GB if you want to compile shit like LLVM or the kernel.
Unusable
>How about youtubes?
It 'works' if you use SMPlayer and stream in 480p or less

Attached: scrot.png (1024x768, 904K)

Attached: 91Fe6wWCF8L._SX355_.jpg (355x316, 29K)

>What is absolute minimum for Gentoo?
A lot of free time and a neckbeard.

Uses qt-webengine, still chromium on the inside with google parts removed. I asked performance differences with locally compiling.
Also post compile times

Is updating just one package at a time good practice? Is it possible to pause compilation and resume after reboot?

install gentoo

>using a microsoft service
>implying he's not wrong

cute desktop