Is this just reddit tier or is it decent if you are just looking for a simple VPN

Is this just reddit tier or is it decent if you are just looking for a simple VPN.

Attached: nordvpn.jpg (400x400, 37K)

I tried them once, they "work". But don't expect them to not save any logs.

ChaosVPN

Attached: Instagrameb437a.png (500x522, 77K)

Buy urself a vps server and put openvpn on it kek

>I tried them once, they "work". But don't expect them to not save any logs.
no VPN service can "not save logs" because their host saves connection info with absolute certainty lol
not to mention all of the hops in between
basically VPNs are not for anonymity, just basic cover-your-ass for things that already don't matter, like torrenting

Mullvad, cheap as fuck and they're fine with piracy

What's good for chinkland?

it's also extremely private and doesn't save logs, but i'm sure some basedboy will tell me how that's now actually the case

I use VPN plus Tor for stuff I actually want to hide. Combining them both should be safe enough right?

VPNhub

I tried them a few years back and even the empty servers were slow as fuck

Can these VPNs post on Jow Forums? That's what I care about here.

I only heard that the servers can be slow sometimes

Nord's blocked

ONLY if you use a VPN into tor
The opposite is highly retarded

kys shill

It's pretty great, and it actually improves my speed in certain cases. However having to turn it off in order to post is a mild pain in the ass.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.52.27 AM.jpg (2024x1424, 250K)

A bunch of nord servers used to work but were blocked due to fucking shitposters finding out about it and abusing it.

Been using PIA - PrivateInternetAccess for 2 years. $3/month, no problems. Good torrent speeds. But their IP ranges that I have tried are blocked from posting to Jow Forums and some comment boards.

>it actually improves my speed in certain cases.
Literally impossible.
Nice try shill.

It's not impossible if his ISP is throttling certain connections. Using a VPN would allow him to bypass that thus giving him his actual full speed hence improved.

The more you know, shithead.

>ONLY if you use a VPN into tor
what does that mean?

It means that your VPN should point to an entry node, not begin from the exit node
ie don't log into your vpn through a tor exit node
Common sense really

Nord works on android in China, but not ios or macos due to shitty Apple vpn rules

Wrong.

Yeah, my ISP throttles certain video hosting services, especially during daytime. Turns out that by using a nord I can stream at a decent rate, 1080p as well.

Point?
What does it point to when you connect to your VPN then open tor?

I need a good cheap vpn guys

Attached: censorship.png (416x325, 9K)

Netneutralitylets

Attached: 664.jpg (320x454, 74K)

>admin at work respects nonutnovember
based.

do you have at least a basic understanding of how tor works? you're doing it right enough, though; connect to your network and then start a relay from your VPN to a guard node

>relying on another single entity for privacy
why don't you create your own network on your own boxes

It's not even about net neutrality.
For example you could get a better connection to a server in Germany if you route it through a server in Dublin, than if you were to connect from some remote village in southern England.

No, but also yes. I have used Nord for a while, they add new servers every now and then which could be used to post for some time before being blocked again. It's mostly due to jewgle's refagtcha which can't handle VPN.

you heard wrong. they're fast and have a good selection of servers per location, so you have choices.

can you explain why that alternative is "highly retarded"? it has its purpose

Because the exit node is meant to be (mostly) random and can't be traced back to you, generally speaking
You're ruining that functionality by using a VPN that most times can be traced back to you after the exit node, for 0 benefit (at most, a person running an exit node can see what you're searching for, but probably doesn't care)

>can be traced back to you
>for 0 benefit

what if it can't be traced back to you and you need to access a service that blocks tor exit nodes? did u think about that bro?

>You're ruining that functionality by using a VPN that most times can be traced back to you after the exit node
How is using a VPN any different than having a persistent static IP address from your ISP.

You do realize you can still use tor bridges to connect to tor, right?

>blocks tor exit nodes
Use a proxy, that's its usecase

Are you aware how tor works or just talking out of your ass?

>Use a proxy, that's its usecase
that's what a VPN is, only for any program rather than just being program-specific, moreover you can create unique configurations such as fail-close among others...

I don't think you understand how VPN's or tor work. Using a VPN to connect to tor does not compromise your security in any way.

If you read more carefully, I'm saying connecting to a VPN through your tor EXIT node does
Obviously the inverse doesnt

Jow Forums is blocked? Why?

>I'm saying connecting to a VPN through your tor EXIT node does
There seems to be a bunch of confusion as far as how someone connects.

Tor over VPN
1. Connect to VPN via OpenVPN
2. Open Tor browser

VPN over Tor
1. Use something like Tails which automatically routes all traffic through tor
2. Connect to VPN

Onion over VPN
1. Use VPN's tor server(if offered)

Which one are you talking about?

>VPN over Tor
>1. Use something like Tails which automatically routes all traffic through tor
>2. Connect to VPN
doing this will result in ISP > VPN > Tor if I recall correctly, it will break Tails, unless you're using a separate system to provide networking and that system is connected to a VPN

The 2nd one
I have the same idea too

Yeah, that's why I was talking about more 'advanced' setups above, with VPNs you can do a lot. pic related

Attached: proxies.jpg (800x450, 67K)

If you're avoiding the Chinese government don't trust recommendations from here.

why?