Help

i am looking for a portable pc, laptop or otherwise to bring to work/uni and also to do some drawings and designs as a side note, budget $1500 but can go a bit over if needed

Attached: PPPEe.jpg (214x235, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/laptops/pp_620996.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're in luck. This is right around your range and it's going to get a discount on Black Friday.

It's p. good too, has a dGPU and an amazing screen to boot. Runs ubuntu pretty well right out of the box too if you're into that. Only con to this thing is that it gets noticeably warm while charging.

Attached: mbxp.jpg (970x647, 198K)

Oh shit, forgot about your use case. The Matebook X Pro doesn't have active stylus support, but it does have a touchscreen. Runner-up would be this I guess, since it does have active stylus support. No dGPU though.

Attached: hpenvy13360.jpg (830x467, 54K)

>and an amazing screen to boot
Less than 100% sRGB
Also requires you to stuff it with paper and sponges to fix the trackpad and speakers, and the SSD gets fucked write speeds under win10

sorry but i pretty much know nothing when it comes to this, what model of huawei?

thanks man!

Also it throttles like absolute hell

Is it a mirror?

>recommending HP in current year

Those are more QA problems, every laptop has those.

>Less than 100% sRGB
Very few laptops besides the MBP claim to have this. Besides, 3:2 in exchange for that is a worthy compromise.

>Also requires you to stuff it with paper and sponges to fix the trackpad and speakers
I'd say complaints about this have been exaggerated. It's just how the clickpad works--a hinge. There's no way around this.

>and the SSD gets fucked write speeds under win10
Fair, but that's mostly dependent on the SSD you get (Liteon has a generic controller) and they're all NVMe so it's not like you're going to notice it in everyday use. It's still a very solid (and somewhat unique) device for what you pay.

Oh shit, my bad. This is what I was thinking about.

Attached: xps 13.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

>16:9 at 13 inches
>60ms response time
>cool whine
>shit reliability
>shit keyboard and trackpad
>awful thermals

Macbook pro

Attached: NPCs.jpg (299x168, 7K)

well, you really dont need that much money uni and or drawing, my 300$ x240 runs gimp, inkscape and even blender (assuming no insane workload) perfectly well. I assume that it could run photohop p well too.

He said he wanted to draw and shit, man. My first pick is still the MBXP, but 60ms is perfectly fine for something like that. Also, the thermals are pretty good as far as most "ultraportable" laptops go. 15" is annoying for school.

except i want something good

my point is that you really don't need to spend 1500$ for such a task. you could get yourself something nice with the money you could save :)

Isn't the MBXP consistently 20% slower than other laptops with comparable specs due to the absurd thermal throttling?

>Less than 100% sRGB
It has over 120% sRGB coverage.

yeh, like a nicer laptop

Do you come from africa by any chance?

Any good alternative for Europe? Matebook X Pro is both hard to find and costs Apple money here.

Cube Thinker i35, has the same screen as the Surface Book 2.
The pen also works on it, $600, but it seems out of stock now.
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_620996.html
based chinks

Checked myself - double mirror crap. Reflective glass over reflective screen.

Your best bet is probably an XPS, unfortunately. That, or an X1 Carbon.

XPS 13 is too small, and the 15 is too hot and heavy, and the screens are too laggy. X1 Carbon is even more expensive than mac shit and the QC is trash.

Oh, also, having to carry around an external DAC with the X1 just to have audio that won't make me want to claw my ears off isn't optimal either.

What are you using it for, though? OP wanted something for school which is why 13"-14" is being recommended. If size/portability isn't an issue then I'd recommend the P52 instead, really good all-rounder.

The X1 Carbon with the HDR display would actually fit my needs pretty well if not for the questionable QC and piss poor headphone audio. I just want good enough specs in a portable laptop, around the 13.5-14 inch middle ground preferably (but not 13.3 16:9, that shit is garbage), with good build quality and relaibility, and a high quality screen for photoshop/lightroom and watching movies and weeb garbage. The keyboard and trackpad not being trash would be a bonus too.

Oh, and the X1C is only a good deal with student discounts which I can't get from Lenovo where I live. Only brand offering discounts here is fucking Apple.

It's not really the best solution I can offer you, but have you considered the Surface Laptop 2? Mi Notebook Pro? Those are both pretty good portables.

Attached: mnp.jpg (1820x1213, 131K)

Surface Laptop 2 seems neat but the keyboard surface looks like it stains easily, I've heard bad stuff about Surface products' reliability (being completely impossible to repair doesn't help), and why the fuck does it not even have thunderbolt

Might as well get a surface book 2 in that case, 512 GB/16 GB laptop 2s are so expensive that there's basically no difference anyway.

Yeah, fair enough. Even if you seriously mess up the keyboard, you'll still have a functional laptop as long as you can get a replacement and/or the peripherals to work the screen. Best of luck, user.

Speaking of the surface book 2, what are the major issues with it? I could get a 15 inch with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD for less than 2k.

Honestly not many, but it's like the MBP in that it is extremely hard or borderline impossible to service even with professional tools.. If anything goes wrong with the hardware you'll likely have to send it back for service.

How is the display compared to other laptops in the same class?

The color gamut is fucking terrible so colors look pretty dull.