Give me one reason why Linux Mint isn't the best everyday distro. Go ahead, Nerds

Give me one reason why Linux Mint isn't the best everyday distro. Go ahead, Nerds.

Attached: 1uOgpiJ.png (420x420, 86K)

>using a computer

Attached: 1494332070797.png (300x279, 95K)

Because Ubuntu does its job better with a sleaker UI.

you're on Jow Forums retard

Gentoo.

>not using void
kys

>only computers are technology
dumbfuck

smart phones and tablets are computers as well retard

>Too many unneeded packages.
>Doesn't support KDE anymore.
>Pre-installed proprietary garbage.

It's buggy and I don't like cinnamon.

Post your LM uptimes. Mine just reset after I forgot to shut down a few memory intensive programs and tried launching a steam game with proton. Kernel shit itself from starvation and the ye olde reset button was faster than waiting for all the swappage.
>150 days

i can't. perfect distro if all you want is just werks

Linux mint is the perfect example of devs doing redundant work (involving multiple companies and groups) multiple times in order to make a distro which shouldnt exist:
>debian provides upstream packages in form of debian sid
>(debian team provides patches for their packages)
>canonical takes unpatched packages and modifies packages and configs to their's liking
>(canonical provides patches for their modified packages, ignoring patches from debian)
>mint takes packages from ubuntu upstream and puts their own repo on top of it, providing their own patches.

How up-to-date are their packages? Just generally curious.

I like Mint Cinnamon/XFCE, but one issue I have is that it had some serious security issues, like they got hacked and the hacker replaced the downloads with modified images containing malicious software. It was long ago and got fixed fast, but it's still a big thing to ever be allowed to happen.

And this Any issues in this chain just would accumulate in Mint

Maybe it is, but d*bian based can't be best.

it should exist to be the pepsi to Ubuntu's coke. plus the mint team is redpilled on Israel and no other buntu distro is as complete as Mint. and it's been a while but the noob distros that use pacman like manjaro and archanywhere are so fuckin obviously worse on the surface than Ubuntu or Mint I don't think they should be brought into the discussion

Computers are bloat.

>using a rehash of a rehash

itt salty fags using gahnome 3 configured to look like unity and listening to drake

>i use a*ch btw

I guess same as Ubuntu

You can literally use the same repos.

after gnome that's not true

Because it’s not Debian.

Because it breaks more often than you beat your meat and literally the Debian wiki (which it is based upon says not to make frankendebians

O Rly? Running Mint 18 across six machines (4 laptops, 2 desktops) since its release, and none of them broke, ever.

My wife caused a no-boot on her Mint Thinkpad by opening 1,000 chrome tabs and then doing an improper shutdown, but it was easy to fix and on her.

All the other machines literally run flawlessly. Git gud.

Attached: 1530834793415.gif (500x280, 695K)

>1000 chrome tabs
Empty tabs? I can't get chrome to open even 200 without it shitting itself and filling all available swap.

"Mint breaks all the time, it's Frankendebian, it's insecure!, the packages are old (as if software were perishable and "ls" needs to be "updated" every two days), it's fugly, devs don't like me!", blah blah blahbity-boo.

Just works (tm), but fuck thyselves with tinker-toy distros if thy must. It's your precious time, not mine. :)

Attached: oreally.jpg (1920x1080, 77K)

It's a metaphor for e.g. a ridiculously large number of tabs not precisely counted.

Attached: 1538716623349.gif (652x562, 626K)

had this shit but it was so fucking slow compared to windows 7

>plus the mint team is redpilled on Israel
Are you retarded? Left wingers hate Israel because of how they treat their mudslime neighbors.

Linux MX is going to dethrone Mint.

I doubt it, but whatever you say man. Can you KDE it though? Not that there's anything horribly wrong with xfce.

Binary distro.

Retard.

the point is not being a cool alternative for cool kids to play with, the point is that gnu/linux still has a community driven ecosystem so instead of forking a fork of a fork into a gazilionth distro, they should just make a flavor that uses official repository and contribute straight to the project. Only real reason why they wont do that is that they are too incompetent to make releases in time with the LTS release. And they actually break some packages on the way so nobody sane would allow them.

>systemd
>Cinnamon
>Ubuntu-derived
Pic related

Attached: 1366553734174.png (290x290, 140K)

Ubuntu Mate is best cause I lift and could benchpress you faggots with inferior genes with my cock.

lol

>fork of a fork
>actually any good

>Its packages are old as fuck (used to use Mint, had to edit with Kdenlive, nope, version in Mints repo is to old to use with modern files)
>The desktop sucks balls
>It's slow as shit on basically everything, especially Nvidia hardware
>It's insecure as balls
>It's not based on Debian
>It's support base is smaller than other distros
>It's configurable in the same way as Gnome but without the same extension support

Attached: F9008903-D221-4035-9990-DD29C4A28959.gif (498x373, 583K)

what's computer?

Attached: 2988315_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

Ubuntu Mate is shit by merit of being based on Ubuntu, enjoy your out of date packages faggot

>a sleaker UI

Attached: 1509951571873.jpg (508x524, 27K)

based, just use ubuntu mate if you want to be a retard OP. I mean or if you like to suck cock so much just install it with cinnamon

You sir are a faggot, what the fuck is the point of sitting in front of a PC to do shit if it looks like it's from the 90's, I need something to look at when I do whatever boring shit I need to do, or do you just never close your hentai tab?

Or just use a real distro and stop being a faggot

>who cares
>just installed kde so I'm calling bs
>can uninstall if you give that much of a fuck

More stable than most distros

>none of them broke ever
Same, I run mint on a variety of machines for different purposes and loads and its never broken on any of them (((justwerks)))

Bullshit, cinnamon is buggy and crashes all the time, no reason to use it or mint unless your a faggot

When was the last time you used Mint

>A FUCKING FOOT

u rong kiddo

the init and the package manager and the bloat

18.4, and it was as shit as ever

>living

wasn't 18.3 the last 18?

>my wife
lol

Nobody round here has a wife, you are full of shit and probably use Gentoo

>Or just use a real distro and stop being a faggot
which is?

how can I say no to her !

Attached: mint-tan.png (913x883, 422K)

Distro is not the same as looks. How everything looks is decided by the desktop environment/window manager.

Mine still has roses for hair accessories.

>the packages are old (as if software were perishable and "ls" needs to be "updated" every two days)

t. soiboi who doesn't actually develop anything so he's never run into an issue where he needed a newer package than the repo provided.

Leave the distro discussion to the adults, son.