Jow Forums which one would you choose?

Jow Forums which one would you choose?
Both are 24bit flac files.

Attached: FLAC test.png (1918x1896, 2.66M)

Please note, I am not doing this for shitty private tracker test

This is the difference between both files

Attached: 1.png (1918x954, 953K)

yeah, ok, my cutoff hearing frequency is at 15kHz

Top because it's dithered, and the superior method.

You won't be able to hear a difference

Sorry, I don't read flac.

The one that is smaller in file size

Bump

As long as they sound good either. That small a difference doesn't mean much.

That's decent actually.
I played guitar for few years and can barely hear anything beyond 8khz with the left ear.

Bottom looks lossy

top is the real one

The top one have 16-bit dithering(), so the bottom one is the true 24-bit

Whichever takes less space

>24bit
Placebo.

24bit is studio master file

placebo

It's pretty stupid to call a studio master file a placebo. The master is for creating and compressing copies from. If you really think it's a good idea to use a lossy format for your master copy, you have no idea what you're talking about. It'd be like taking digital photos of paintings and then throwing away the paintings because they take up too much space.

24bit for end user is placebo
happy?

Either one is fine. It's getting converted to Opus anyway

Attached: 02. Eyes Of The Temple.opus.png (723x492, 263K)

Neither. If you're up scaling from 16 to 24 its pointless. That noise floor and headroom you gain from 24bit is lost when you bounce to 16 44.1k. Only if you're working off the master and that needs to be at 24 96k is it worth it and even tgat engineers only bounce to wav

It's useless to be anal about audio mastering. The "product" that reaches you is almost always engineered by an overworked man working at 3 in the morning high on coke.

you prefer degraded shit?

compact disc era is over
we don’t need to burn cd’s anymore

looks right. Is that really from Mike Bozzi's console? I doubt it. Maybe it's a Tidal rip or something?

Unless they've been through a lossy codec generation (and it's not readily apparent if they have), both will be just as listenable as the other: this is highly-compressed pop music, not a high dynamic range recording.

It is likely that you cannot ABX between them, and in that event you could choose whichever one you have external reason to be the original, because it doesn't really matter.

It's hard to tell from that plot, but the true bit-depth doesn't seem to be 24-bit. Test that. The top looks dithered to 16, the bottom possibly truncated to 16.

If the bottom is truncated, given the choice between those two, choose the dithered one as that looks to be an appropriately ATH-weighted noise-shaped dither. If the bottom is not truncated, choose the bottom.