Why are there no threads here about doing cool shit like building stuff or doing open source projects

why are there no threads here about doing cool shit like building stuff or doing open source projects

Attached: download.jpg (600x438, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

code.kfarwell.org/
vrlfp.net/
tokumei.co/
gelatolabs.xyz/
guhnoo.org/
github.com/kfarwell
github.com/vrlfp
github.com/tokumeico
github.com/gelatolabs
github.com/kfarwell/werchan
youtube.com/watch?v=W0wWwglE1Vc
youtube.com/watch?v=3jnhb9sj4KE
kfarwell.org/contact.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because that requires effort and shitposting doesn't.

go to reddit if you want that, this board is for raging at people using the wrong type of operating system and weeaboos throwing stones in glass houses at furries

Make a thread if you have something cool ready to use. It just happens rarely.

This isn't a blog for patch notes or a social network to flaunt your membership in Gentoo.org, though.

this. cunt.

so like.. make effort and shit. it's not hard

Attached: download.jpg (318x159, 8K)

None of the shit I'm working on is Jow Forums relevant.

hi I build open source stuff plz send patches
code.kfarwell.org/

notably:
vrlfp.net/
tokumei.co/
gelatolabs.xyz/
guhnoo.org/

Of course it is hard. Plus it also requires you to want infrequent attention (social networks are much better for constant attention whoring).

Because ricing arch, emacs, and watching anime is more important

Attached: wnPa8yf.png (1024x1097, 602K)

I'd rather not see 4ch associated with my stuff.

Currently package maintainer, it's boring, I have 600 packages to update and review.

good point

you could maintain a alternative online identity to collaborate with 4chins

i ain't clickin none of those shadyass links nigga

/diy/ has that, it's kind of like Jow Forums but better.

because it's all cs students and if you post about a real-world project you're working on nobody has much to say

>collaborate with 4chins
why

/prog/ is gone

you could build fun stuff like.. booru scrapers... or Jow Forums scrapers.. or hentai website scrapers

well, then i can't claim my stuff IRL

ok
github.com/kfarwell
github.com/vrlfp
github.com/tokumeico
github.com/gelatolabs
github.com/kfarwell/werchan

prog wasn't about building stuff in the first place

>wanting to claim stuff instead of giving it away to the community
what are you, some kind of weeny?

because most of this shit goes on /diy/

dont need collaboration to do that

>anime picture
>web """Dev"""

Attached: download.png (246x205, 13K)

it was a joke, that kind of stuff is the limit of 4chinks.com/g/'s coding capabilities

>really cool open source program I wanna work on
>nothing else like it
>no commits in years, devs don't respond
>huge codebase
>no comments

Attached: schwitzeapu.jpg (800x600, 159K)

if cs students can't apply cs to real world projects what is the whole point of them paying out the asses for that piece of paper degree

Education is a scam, that's why

let's see what you've made

>"also, I'm qualified to work here because of this project"
>*open page*
>animuh avatar
>logo that somehow has a dick incorporated
>2 lines of fizzbuzz
no

Just fork it you monogoloid faggot

not to *this* community, bucko. gumbo.

Legit interested in what you do.

Is it just git pull && ./configure && make and the scp the files somewhere?
How much testing of packages do you do? Or do you expect what ever is in master to work.

I'd love to see Jow Forums doing something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=W0wWwglE1Vc

Like how to program an NPC diy tutorial .

I'd say instead of simply forking try to build it from scratch & try to replicate the functionality so you can understand how the process works and add your own comments to it

Jow Forums doesn't know how to programming.
100% of the projects are made by outsiders that like to lurk on Jow Forums, they ask for a logo just for the free chill.

Hydrus has them already, and I imagine so do various standalone tools. You could make another, but why?

how ricerfags get by in life?

/diy/ is over there

see

I have the same problem. wish there was some way to build cool stuff with my Jow Forumsnu bros that i can put on my resume without getting associated with this shithole website

Because exists.

you forgot

>5 repositories with READMEs and LICENSEs but no actual code

literal 12 year olds could do this shit

why 4chin don't do something like that though?

I'm an employed professional progammer writing agile enterprise quality scalable fizzbuzz programs in Java and some JVM interop HelloWorld modules in Scala

>writing open source code for free like a cuck is as productive as ricing
lmao

too busy shitposting about apple/google/intel/amd/nvidia/gnu/gentoo/stallman/torvalds/linux/emacs/mpd/FP/thinkpads/chinkshit

that requires an IQ more than 80

cause Jow Forums is full of retarded kids without any real skills
unless you're trying to open source new ways to complain

I thought furries were exterminated long ago

It's more gobuild/goinstall/gotest for me. As for testing, since it's only devel packages I don't do much.
I don't git pull myself, I just add the commit and it's automated after that.
The real pain is new missing deps I have to package from scratch and wait for the review process to go through (since we lack reviewers, it's not fast).

Its zoomer culture
They dont get houses, cars or shit done
Instead they complain, crab and move as mob 90% of the time, this thread is a perfect example
Just people looking for excuses to avoid assuming that they are literally incapable of putting dedication on something (maybe this is why they cant get jobs)
Anyway, its not like it affects me, I still make more than them by the end of the day, but they are polluting this site and Im honestly looking for a replacement

Attached: 1540095860189.jpg (850x400, 145K)

Got me a job straight out of college that pays well, turned out to be a good investment in the long run despite cost of enrollment

College is also really fun I learned a lot and made great friends

>see somebody with real world skills that could translate into a job
>"HAHA U CUUCK CUuCK HAHA LMAO HAHA *dabs*"

wow cool dude

at 19 I support an HPC cluster at the top university in the country and I'm building a niche dating site with 3000 users registered in a couple months. I've just been told we are a finalist for two of the most prestigious awards in the industry

crazy how far an anime avatar will get you

happy fizzbuzzing

I'm here for (You)s, I don't care about that shit.

kek

Ok bro, brb gonna work on my is-even repository. It has over a million download, so it must be good!

Attached: 1541911243588.png (1189x758, 47K)

>NPM

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 4K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3jnhb9sj4KE
nice podcast kyle

Do you check the diffs for malice? What distro do you maintain for?

>why are there no threads here about doing cool shit like building stuff or doing open source projects
we react to people doing things, we don't actually produce anything.

Good post

Attached: 9CB1CF12-7764-4773-8477-FF014350F3AE.jpg (245x254, 21K)

I have (what I think) is a widely-applicable/useful app idea (that could also be worth some $?)

but not really wanting to be descriptive cause someone might make it and take my baby. ;.;

Maybe Kyle's down
(btw I like the anonymity of your site, but i'm not sure if it's supposed to be such open information?)

Attached: purepng.com-handshandsprehensilemulti-fingered-organforearmhandfingerprintsfingers-14215268980599fi9 (900x599, 223K)

As a professional developer with many years of experience, I wouldn't want any of my personal projects associated with Jow Forums or Jow Forums at large. Instead what I do is develop it to a point where I feel it's reasonably function - an alpha at least, and then I release it to a public repo. I wait for it to gain a decent amount of traction in the mainstream and then I *might* shill it on Jow Forums if I find it's useful for the group or if I think someone here might want to help. That way I minimize the chance of someone thinking its a "Jow Forums project".

maybe I am
kfarwell.org/contact.html

>btw I like the anonymity of your site, but i'm not sure if it's supposed to be such open information?
what do you mean? which site?

>i don't want to be associate with Jow Forums.
the creator of this shithole works for jewgle, the most sjw redoubt in the world.

thanks babe

That was before the stormfront migration, and Poole had cover because Jow Forums basically forced him out by going full retard. Obviously Google is going to look at that and say "well, those people we hate fucked you over too so it's okay".

Email is lame. I added you on discord! (Yayy)

Because people like Musky came and not those who dreamed about going to space or creating technologies are now waiting for him to do it

And you just hit the million dollar question.

Open Source is scam that sneaks proprietary software in your house.
Don't fall for it. Free Software is what you want.

because g is a shit board and you should go somewhere else for stimulating content. and no i won't say where you fucking inbred because if you don't even have the iq to know what you want and the to drive to go and find it, you don't deserve to be there in the first place.

I post here all the time. All my open source projects.

Jow Forums is for smartphones and posting screenshots of linux distros. /diy/ is for doing stuff

good point

because fuck you, my ideas my property. I don't want some pajeet lurker to yoink my product

I've tried, people in Jow Forums don't give a shit

also my guess: some don't have time, some don't give a shit about their careers, and only care about the $$$

that's kind of pathetic

>you should go somewhere else for stimulating content
where?

there never was a 'stormfront migration', your supposed problems stem from this place having anonymous free speech

just own up to being a closet tyrant already

>there never was a 'stormfront migration'
patently untrue, there was a concerted effort right around the time moot left

there's nothing wrong with anonymous free speech, and there's nothing wrong with alt-right views, but this place has gone so off the rails in one direction in recent years that most mainstream institutions, companies, media view it as the source for the recent alt-right "problem", and they're not wrong.

I don't see why, associating with Jow Forums causes nothing but trouble these days. I don't care about the alt-right ideology either and don't want that mixed up in my work. Furthermore 99% of Jow Forums consists of absolute brainlets so I don't really gain anything by soliciting for help from Jow Forums.

/Thread

Been a while since I've seen your stuff.
1) Where's the kwerc code? I'm interested in seeing your patchs. The repo looks empty on your site.
2) What ended up happening to tokumei?

We come here to mock technology not to make it

I dont post about my real world projects because they could potentially be traced back to my real identity. There are better places for that than Jow Forums. Sometimes I post about smaller electronics projects that I do over at /diy/, but mostly I just hang out in /dpt/ and /fglt/.

what's the program?