Virtual Amp

What's the best way to hook an e-guitar to a PC on a $50 budget?
And what software should I use for a virtual amp?

Attached: vamp.jpg (850x478, 267K)

Attached: 512Tc18NxbL._SY445_.jpg (316x445, 28K)

cheap used interface + cable + guitar rig 5
shitty meme

as a fellow guitarfag i can say that at this price point you are better off playing it dry. Digital processing is really shit atm unless you have a lot of cash (unless you are ok with something like a pod 2.0)

Just like first user posted, look for a 1/4" to usb cable on ebay. I used it with an amp simulator called Native Instruments Guitar Rig Pro, but you can use any amp simulator you want just google around. Total cost was *insert cost of ebay cable*

So something like pic related is trash?

Is usb actually better than just using line-in with an 1/8" adapter? Genuinely curious.

Attached: behringer-umc22-u-phoria-5-cq_png_640x640_q85.png (640x273, 124K)

This.
If you are lucky you might be able to find a used Scarlett 2i2 for like 70 dollars. It's one of the best audio interfaces in it's price range.
For software just pirate Guitar Rig or Amplitube. I use Amplitube and imo it sounds better than GR.

A straight up usb to instrument connection is just for the budget. If you are willing to buy a cheap interface then do that. Any interface is better than just guitar->cable->pc. I was really close to buying that exact behringer one in your pic but cheaped out for the cable only and regretted it

lepou has some great free amp vst, shit that gives most paid vst a good run for their money
also, lecab plugin is one of the very few impulse loaders that you can use for real time play and record, it's damn great
redwirez has a free impulse available too, i think it's a 4x12 marshall cab, don't remember exacly the speaker model but it's still pretty good.
check the /gg/ on /mu/, they have a pastebin with a lot of free stuff too

and yeah, guitar->interface->pc is the way to go, but for 50 bucks it gets tricky. focusrite has some good stuff on the less expensive side, like the scarlett solo, but try to avoid the 1st gen scarlett, they clip like crazy. 2nd gen is much better.

behringer is literal trash. m-audio mtrack 2x2 is probably the lowest i would go, or a cheap presonus, but thats twice the budget. I geniuenly think that its better to cough up more for an audio interface because when you get proper gear you will want something nice to record it.

although i dont want to shill the brands ,im sure there are cheaper and good options, but not behringer for sure.

just get a guitar lead to headphone jack converter.

that's all you need.. like wtf.

this literally has high latency and is terribly noisy. Not to mention working with one audio interface in priority mode for Vamp application is shitty.

Use a vst with "LePou Amp Suite"

i find GR to sound better than amplitube with proper cabinet modeling
get an maudio interface or if you're a real badass a USB dual tube pre-amp

Just buy a real amp and stop wasting time with worthless sims and headphones. Sims sound nothing like the real thing, and nothing like the heavily touched recorded sounds.

I used to use this with guitar rig. Sounds like complete shit but it (or any other cheap USB audio interface you can find) is the best you can get for that budget. I doubt you will want to record anything like that but it's okay for practicing. If you have a slighly higher budget ($3k+), you can get yourself a loadbox/attenuator + speaker simulator and hook your real tube amps and pedals and shit to that. Or you can just get a Axe FX 2/3 for the same price which does all of that and more but doesn't use real tubes for amp emulation.

Download O Deus asio link pro, it is an asio driver that lets you use any other sound sources at the same time, Get the GPM-1 Pro guitar preamp. Get a cable that goes from 2 RCA jacks to a 3.5. Plug the RCA into the preamp and the 3.5 into your line in. You don't need a preamp, you can plug right into the line in but it sounds very thin. If anyone says this is a bad thing to do they are wrong. Lastly find a good amp sim. This setup has no latency and lets you listen to your jam tracks or anything else on your PC at the same time. If you do get the GMP-1 Pro, do not use the "reverb" it makes a high pitched squeal when the batteries are low. Thats another thing, use batteries, as they don't cause any hum. Batteries don't last all that long so you might want a rechargeable 9v set you can rotate in it.

Most metal bands in studio recordings use sims now.

Modeling has come a long way.

However, yes, get a real amp. Making a virtual guitar rig without latency takes a lot more money than just getting a real amp from craigslist

Buy a fucking decent amp, cab and mic. Fucking babies with their static distortion plus convolution eq curve.

Most metal bands sound like absolute shit. They all sound like helix + shitty obvious samples (probably slate).

I have an amp (pic related), but it's loud as fuck and I don't play enough E to buy extra equipment.

>$3k+
>slightly higher
yeah no

forgot pic

Attached: rage158.jpg (700x644, 91K)

I use Focusrite Solo + Amplitube4

Why the fuck are these retards suggesting amps and fucking cabinets? Can't you read that OP has a budget of $50 not fucking $2k.
A good interface (definitely not for $50 tho) + sim will sound totally fine, we're not living in the 90s anymore.

Not everyone has the money or the need to own a few thousand dollar amp+cab+mic setup for bedroom recording. Fucking dumb purists.

Just pirate the sims you want, faggot. Try them all.
Pro tip, amplitube, guitar rig and similar giant bundles are absolute dogshit.