Jow Forums opinion on DVORAK?

Jow Forums opinion on DVORAK?

Attached: F656CBA4-F8E1-4C2B-A925-1AB76F888B12.png (1366x768, 439K)

the Linux of keyboards

How so?

Use it on my phone, started using it on my desktop but Jow Forums convinced me I would forever be a neat if I got too used to it.

supposedly objectively better but useless to adopt unless you like wasting your time because the rest of the world uses something else

I don’t only type in English so there’s no point for me to use it.

I use it the past 5 years, the programmer dvorak version.
The good thing is that it's like playing piano when typing.
The bad thing is that when you change keyboards you make a lot of mistakes, until you get used to the new keyboard.

Better for your wrists, not actually faster. Colemak and Workman give you similar benefits without the huge switching costs.

good for English I guess but I'll stick with pic related because I need the umlauts and 6 layers with tons of cunt functionality are comfy

Attached: neo-druckvorlage.png (1000x355, 132K)

i switched to dvorak years ago.
it takes only a week or 2 to get back up to qwerty speed.
all muscle memory of qwerty is now lost and when i type qwerty i look like a computer noob to normies.
does dvorak give any benefits i don't seem to be any faster hmm.

don't fix what ain't broke

>does dvorak give any benefits i don't seem to be any faster hmm.
you put less stress to your wrists.
you learn dvorak the right way, a.k.a. blind system
programmer dvorak helps a lot when programming.

Colemak is much better for using on a computer.

Haven't noticed much of a speed difference either, though it is more comfy typing in dvorak.
Most normies I interact with are older people who type like they've never seen a keyboard before, so I still manage to outspeed them even in qwerty

>less stress on your wrists

Attached: 3l67384clur11.jpg (642x880, 135K)

>all muscle memory of qwerty is now lost and when i type qwerty i look like a computer noob to normies.
Weird. It only takes me typing up a sentence or two to get back to respectable speed and typo frequency.

I had ganglion cysts on both my wrists due to the excessive load that qwerty puts to your wrists, while typing.

Attached: Ganglion-cyst.jpg (384x470, 45K)

meant for

I've had great success after switching. I couldn't get myself to touch-type with qwerty because my hands kept getting scrunched up and tight after a few minutes, so for years I'd use about 3 fingers and typed at about 30WPM.
Then I taught myself to use Dvorak because I'd heard it was more ergonomic and rhythmic, and it made a world of difference. A few months after beginning to teach myself, I was at about 80WPM. Then I switched caps lock with backspace and now I'm sitting at about 100WPM. As someone who will sometimes spend 5+ hours a day writing sentences (novelist), it's great. I've heard less than stellar things from programmers, but if you're only typing sentences and value comfort and rhythm, I highly recommend it.

Unusable on PC, unless you want to rebind everything, including Ctrl+C. Use Colemak, it's been computed for efficienty, too, and leaves the most common shortcut keys on their qwerty locations. Also it's already available out of the box on all modern operating systems, except windows.

you're weak.
I've typed ~130+ WPM for the past 20 years without issues.

It's not unusable, you just need to relearn where the new buttons are.

Dare I say, SOIBOI!

Bépo master race !

colemak with moved D H or go home

It's gay and if you go somewhere and use a computer you'll look like a retard because you start to suck at qwerty as you improve in Dvorak

Couldn't touch type with qwerty. A few weeks of practicing with dvorak and I was up to the same speed. Now I'm like 40% faster with it. It's pretty nice.

Also, how come kde shortcuts don't change with the keyboard layout, but some of the software shortcuts do?

They are very often used and are much faster executed with one hand instead of two.

DVORAK is for idiots.

Proper alternatives: Colemak, Norman, Workman or QWKRFY/QWYRFM (Carpalx)

If you're going to do a change, do it properly.

Attached: plot-bs.png (600x459, 13K)

qwerty atreus master race

Attached: 2jHUk8i.png (1444x1258, 117K)

Great composer

He's a bit of a foamer and a buzzkill.

what do you use user?

Based

Attached: 1533410473946.jpg (345x458, 23K)

That's a weird looking periodic table

atoms dont exist
dvorak is a good way to confuse keyloggers

QWERTY of course, the only reasonable pick

Attached: 1310408064982.jpg (441x408, 10K)

will i get even more away from human interaction if i switch to dvorak/coleman?

lrukd mj cyifmae efjbyaps gy gj;f mj akdfp ag jyl
rguii lrfs gy qwfpgj

>friend asks me some trivial programming question
>demonstrates it on his laptop
>try to write the solution down for him
>garbled nonsense
>"Oh sorry, I use dvorak, here let me change that for you."
Every fucking time.
Also having problems with my coworker who uses a German qwerty.