Lets settle this. Is 8gb still enough for regular light usage in 2018...

Lets settle this. Is 8gb still enough for regular light usage in 2018? Will it be sufficient to last for the next 5 years?

Attached: 5DDFF80F4F0B426E8DA6F90968F34E55.jpg (671x903, 126K)

8gb of what

>wh*te (((((people)))))

>What an original topic, that wasn't posted 5438525624 times before

Ram

6gb is enough but buy 8gb for future proofing.

>american hands and arms

>Lets settle this.
yeah it's a real controversial subject

Thats what i tought. Ram usage hasnt really changed in the last 5 years. Chrome still eats tons of ram like it did then. Operating systems still often use 2gb of ram. Yet a lot of people seem to think 8gb suddenly wont be enough for normal use in the next 5 years.

If I had to choose between 8GB+HDD and 4GB+SSD I would definitely go for 4GB+SSD.

It is though. People actually think in 3 years 8gb wont be enough

running firefucks with a few Jow Forums tabs open, email, youtube, twitter
word in wine with 5 pages of loremipsum
rhythmbox playing music
1.5gb of ram used, granted am on bestos

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-13_17-13-33.png (150x13, 453)

sure if you dont need to many tabs open at once

hey I have that exact same watch but without the golden coating. You know, the non-nigger version.

Attached: photo5141047077487355878.jpg (720x1280, 97K)

for the average compootah user that only browses the web, does office work, watches streaming, etc 6GB are more than they'll ever need. For literally any other use case the answer is "as much as you need". I for instance have 8GB DDR3 on my lappy because besides normie shit I use a VM from time to time, and 16GB 3000Mhz DDR4 on my desktop because muh games.

I just bought a 2017 macbook pro 13inch and i was concered about the 8gb of ram. I just want it for web browsing, youtube, ect. I have a gaming pc with 16gb of ram but i wasnt sure if 8gb of ram would last 5 years on a laptop for just web browsing. If the next 5 years is like the last 5 years nothing will change and 8gb will be plenty

why on earth would you get an mbp for just that. An Air would've been enough.
Anyway fagOS is more RAM-efficient than windose10 so you're set with 8GB imo

No, I keep getting not enough memory alerts when I use chrome.

The new air is only 100 dollars cheaper, a quarter pound lighter, and has a worse display so i dont even understand why it exists. Yeah I thought 8gb was enough too but i read some retarded macfag opinions on some message boards and felt some doubt about it

How much do one of these run for?

>seiko
probs $50

cost me 60 bucks several years ago. Automatic, hard to kill, has the date, can still tell the time in the dark, looks decent, well made. Really nice watch.

Is the bracelet okay? I bought a 50 dollar seiko 5 years ago and the braclet was trash and i put a leather one on it

never had trouble with it, it's solid steel. Gets disty fast tho.