AT LAST. A God damned screenpad. Why the industry took so long to make this?

AT LAST. A God damned screenpad. Why the industry took so long to make this?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1600x900, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOAsUKtwlMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Zenbook
>Magic pad clone
Holy fuck pc makers be original ffs.

Razer made one years ago.
It was a shitty meme.

Because it makes no sense to put a display right where your finger goes to cover it.

explain smartphones then

>snsv
>elan touchpads arent bad enough, we need to go further dot jpg

Power of marketing.

Actually, the thing is that phones are too small and people prefer consumption so they don't need actual input devices.

Razer did this like 5 years ago

>pc makers

But how long until Apple invents this?

hopefully it has pen tablet support and can mirror the main screen.

Finally now I can get some work done

>ASUS
so yeah. the next version will probably be incomaptible with the first, the SDK (if there even is one) is a mess and considering there is no standard API no third party developer will ever support it

>AT LAST
do you live under a fucking rock? this is old and also proven to be shit.
fuckin NPC

Patents.

What exactly does it do though?
Didn't one of the macbooks have a display bezel next to the keyboard that did nothing but show emoticons lmao

B-but you could ise your computer like an ancient photocopier.

It's only gonna be used by some useless asus """applications""" and will require some stupid windows only proprietary driver that will be unsupported next year when they roll out their next gimmick in proper asus fashion.
Despite that, I think it's actually a decent idea, and a lot more practical than whatever apple calls that touchbar the newer macbooks have.
Touchpads already have gestures so this is the logical continuation.

How do you imagine it would work? I don't see anything useful that it could do. Maybe display what given gestures could do in a given context for normies.

wow nice "feature" you got there. I wonder how much of the price tag is thanks to this gimmick

Attached: output.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

explain why I don't tape my smartphone to my laptop

Wow this is going to improve my Solidworks workflow so dramatically

Why do Asus make such ugly laptops

The Wii U of laptops.

this is like the microsoft sideshow thing right?

more like microsoft shitshow

As an owner of an older ZenBook, I can tell you just by seeing the word on that laptop that you do not want this. It was such a disappointment after my Eee 1000HE served me so faithfully for so many years.

only thing I'd use is the numpad and that's got to work like its always on

Why don't they just make the screen touchable?

It's been a thing for almost decades.

>the touchpad is actually the entire computer, the the keyboard and screen are just for show

>move your mouse
>35735735755555

Attached: 1537242997679.jpg (292x257, 29K)

because you'd rather have it built in

Some people don't want smudges all over their screen, so the trackpad is a little easier to handle with some added perks from having two screens.

That looks like a really shitty implementation of double form factor laptops that can turn into tablets.

Thats some NDS shit.
Completelly useless and reserved for shit setting menus.
Wich means they'll find a way to force you to use it.

That's actually pretty neat

IT'S A LITTLE TOUCHSCREEN!!
FOR YOUR LAPTOP!!!
IT'S TOTALLY LIKEABLE RIGHT??
DON'T YOU HAVE PHONES???

You can do this with KDE Connect.
Latency though.

Why not, though? You have this interface there that you touch and that is shaped like a little screen, so why not put a screen in it and make it capable of displaying contextual menus and such? Hell, I wouldn't mind if keys on keyboards had little screens in them for contextual stuff too, even though I can touch type. No more looking up key mappings and shit.

>have to disable mouse just to use it
>no support, not ever
>laggy and glitchy
>you'll most likely just turn it off and use it as a normal trackpad after a few weeks of fucking around with it and realizing it's fucking up your workflow and breaking your productivity
literally worse than a touch bar in nearly every way.

Literally every time someone brings up the ScreenPad, someone says this.

>What exactly does it do though?
youtube.com/watch?v=BOAsUKtwlMA
Takes like 5 seconds to Google it.
>Didn't one of the macbooks have a display bezel next to the keyboard that did nothing but show emoticons lmao
No. The Touch Bar does a lot more than that. It only shows emojis if you press the corresponding button.

wow that very distracting.

Back you go.

So it's like the Mac Touchbar but for PCs

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Could be neat to change some settings/music player thingies or custom actions while you're using a fullscreen program on the actual screen, so you don't have to interrupt that program. Say, if you're watching a movie in bed with your girlfriend and you're stroking her penis with one hand so you can't use the alt functions and you want to turn the brightness down a little bit. Or you're in the middle of rubbing the tip of your dick against your sleeping sister's buttcheeks and want to turn the volume down so she doesn't wake up when you push it in between her buttcheeks.

>Windows Sideshow clone

I just turn off the touch pad on my laptop. This doesn't convince me at all.

>we put a tablet on your laptop!
>don't you like it?

>apple adds a tiny screen to their laptop's base
>Jow Forums hates it, mocks it endlessly
>asus does the same thing
>Jow Forums loves it, mocks apple endlessly for not thinking of it

This would only be good if they implemented that paper like screen and put some shortcuts and gestures here and there, that thing looks hideous this way

Nice. If it doesn't:
>manage notifications
>work with a digitizer
>have a resource monitor
>dedicated area for clippy
>emojicon support
I'll skip it.

This was an idea I was keen on since a long ago and it's nice see someone stealing it without giving royalties...

Attached: clips.jpg (1200x800, 107K)

>90% of the thread are posts shitting on it
>but muh applel
kys

ye apples design was backwards as hell
this one makes sense and I'm sure most people who fantasize about laptop designs (like myself) already came up with it.

>designers take something already ubiquitous in laptops and add functionality
>novo Jow Forums - Technology posters dump on it
I'm just curious if the thing has Ryzen in it.

this guy is annoying.

no Ryzen as I listen Unbox Therapy
rage

very glossy

hahahahaha this is 5 months old

Liking something you don't like doesn't mean I use a website you don't like too

Good comeback.
+1

I just had a stroke of genius.
What if this display took up all the area below the keyboard?

What if it took up the area ABOVE the keyboard? And was hinged and had a dedicated panel?

owait

>What if this display took up all the area below the keyboard?
Because that'd clearly be dumb. Meanwhile the keyboard under the screen has been proven to work time and time again

Pfft.

Attached: Acer_LX_RF702_052_Iconia_6120_14_Dual_Screen_763154.jpg (2500x2500, 506K)

memepads invented that meme (see x1 carbon), apple copied off of them. Lurk moar.

>Dedicated clippy

Wow I hated this before but now I need it

for what purpose

Attached: 1526878411492.jpg (361x375, 58K)

It would be perfect if:
- Keyboard has a trackpoint
- Screenpad is a stylus tablet that displays the area around your cursor pixel for pixel
- Screenpad is off until you pull out stylus

link?

Attached: download (1).jpg (702x459, 17K)