Is it worth using in 2018? I just installed it today and I very much enjoy how comfy it is

Is it worth using in 2018? I just installed it today and I very much enjoy how comfy it is.

Thoughts?

Attached: Opera_2015_icon.svg.png (1200x1200, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.opera.com/desktop/changelog-for-56/#b3051.99
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah being the only browser with native video popout gives it some extra points

it's a fine browser. just keep in mind chinks own it now

nuff said

Attached: StatCounter-browser-ww-monthly-201707-201707-map.png (1116x645, 355K)

as long as you are comfortable sending your data to the CPC its god tier compared to chrome

>implying popularity and quality are correlated when it comes to web browsers or tech in general

leave

No, but it's very telling when a tech service picks up in fucking Africa but not elsewhere.

well china's trying to colonize africa right now, so it makes sense they'd want africans to unwittingly use their spyware applications

comfy af, also they just released the new mobile version, It works nice

Attached: opera-touch-2-1180x541.jpg (1180x541, 66K)

It's an abomination since the Chinks took over. The original Opera was great. I still miss spatial navigation in any modern browser.

like I said, you need to be comfortable with the CPC (Chinese Communist Party) having access to your data.

>north korea
>chrome
Google can barely get into China

>why use opera
Because it holds your shit RIGHT

Attached: operahold.png (1366x36, 16K)

never waste time with my vpn

Use vivaldi

This
Vivaldi is still chromium shit but I'd agree. Its the closest you're going to get to old Opera while still having modern compatibility. Still has some annoying problems but it's my main browser for the time being

I love it BUT it wont play webm's sometimes and it pisses me off, then an update comes along and that bug is fixed and then it happens again
so I just moved all my bookmarks and shit to Vivaldi botnet

Chink botnet, unfortunately.
I was using Vivaldi, but all that JS making it slow as fuck rustled my jimmies.
I want a Chromium-based browser that is up to date and doesn't have all the google botnet. For now I'm using Brave, waiting for the goddamn sync.

Why would anyone on Jow Forums use this absolute crap? Opera runs in a way that makes it actual spyware, its record for privacy is not enough for you?

It doesn't feel that slow to me compared to FF or Chrome. My problems are mostly because of multiple monitors. For some reason it doesn't let me drag a tab off into my other monitor to create a new window. Instead it will drop that new window on the same monitor no matter where I move it.
At least it doesn't refresh the fucking tab when you try to do it anymore. That's why I uninstalled it the first time

bump

No, it went to shit 5 years ago

Based Cuba doing the right thing as always

AliExpress cupon bar
DNA-73492 Coupon toolbar

blogs.opera.com/desktop/changelog-for-56/#b3051.99

It was great software. Now it's Chinese botnet.

Used it until I moved over to Linux.

Chromium now gives me the best experience by far.

Loved Opera from 2004 to 2017, but also I didn't like how it started integrating Facebook and Whatsapp and you had to opt out.

JFC Africa's really getting fucked over by the Chinese botnet.
All behold your new colonial masters.

I got mad when they broke the UI so I'm still on Opera 44. That being said, recently I switched to i3 so I started using surf because I need no tabs or any shit like that anymore. I do miss my extensions a bit and will have to check if it's possible to get any replacement for surf.

Anyways, the only browser that got both dpi scaling and smooth/pixel scrolling right on Linux.

I wonder if that includes Opera Mini? I could imagine that being quite popular in Africa due to it compressing webpages to save bandwidth and data expenses.

You don't feel it any slower than Chrome or FF when you open a new window?
Whenever I go to open a private window it takes like ~4-5 seconds for me to be able to start typing the site I wanna access.
On Brave/Chrome/FF it's instantaneous.
That really threw me off of Vivaldi.

Checked out Iridium Browser?

Last time I tried it there was no plans for sync, and the development was quite slow (took a lot of time to update Chromium base, etc).
The last point got better it seems (it's on Chromium 70.0.3538.77), but I don't know about what they intend to do with the browser. I'm liking Brave for now, sync is coming soon and although it looks more like a Chrome reskin it has some different stuff implemented.
I will try Iridium again for sure.

Vivaldi is better

Yeah it was quite a while I last used it for any extended period of time, just made me think of it reading the post. Apparently some time ago I convinced my dad to use it and he apparently still does! It's a commendable browser but I agree on your points, not really sure where the project is exactly going but it's not a very well known one either but I like to check on it from time to time.

>Switzerland
>safari
why?

>Anonymous 11/14/18(Wed)11:48:20 No.684855
new windows are maybe a LITTLE slower than chrome/ff but otherwise an unnoticeable difference.

Yeah, cock rings help me too sometimes.

Probably because we have a lot of people here that swear on apple products. I think more people here use apple than windows. Or so it seems

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser

Works awesome on android phones, much better than brave or any other browser with integrated adblock.

But you just need to tweak the settings a bit like disable those news if you don't need them, block camera, microphone and location access for all sites, etc.

it hurts

basically this. Video popout always makes me come back

VPN function on the desktop version stopped working.