MICROSOFT BTFOs AMAZON AND GOOGLE

>b-but m-muh pajeet

CRY ME A RIVER BITCH NIGGA SUCCESS BREEDS JEALOUSY HAHAHA GET FUCKED!

Attached: BTFO.png (1071x1068, 708K)

Other urls found in this thread:

msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/claudia.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's because they're using AMD :D

Literally all three of them are going all in on 7nm Zen.

Microsoft is move .net shops to azure

how did microsoft of all companies become the lesser evil of the big bads

They were never evil, you just decided to listen to a foot-chip eating hobo.

L O L

>google cloud has more app jitters than microsoft cloud
>more app jitters
>app jitters
>a ppjitters
i beg to disagree

>foot-chip eating hobo
good one user

Attached: oh-you.jpg (368x437, 16K)

whoever has the most mature serverless solution in the next 3-5 years will win

right now that's AWS

>make end roads
Shouldn't that be in roads?
Google cloud is garbage

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

Attached: IBM.png (1200x1805, 156K)

>They were never evil
BAHAHAHAHA

>but user all that telemetry is for "research"

TO ARMS!

Attached: kill-it-kill-it-kill-it-kill-it.gif (320x432, 970K)

but microsoft has more ppjitters then google, does it not?

Attached: appjitter.jpg (227x222, 7K)

>get gcp account with free gbucks, more than 100
>set limit to not use more than 1 gbuck
>all monthly invoices come out as 0$
>somehow the gbuck decreased to almost nothing

Kowalski anal_ysis.jpg

india has way more people than USA. it's easy to sell server space t here.

>CRY ME A RIVER BITCH NIGGA SUCCESS BREEDS JEALOUSY HAHAHA GET FUCKED!
well said my white friend

Attached: mscall.jpg (535x350, 20K)

Literally anything is better than amazon. Especially in Europe. AWS is garbage and scam. Not that hard to beat it.
Don't know about google though.

>big corporation gets slight competitive advantage over the other big corporation
who cares?

it is for research; research into human behavior.

Doofus.

>using (((cloud services)))
>not using your own server hardware

Unironically this! I don't know why people still have such a hard on for AWS, especially now that there are more viable competitors than before. I get that AWS was very early in the market but for fucks sake.

AWS's pricing model is fucking intentionally convoluted to hide how easily costs can ballon. It's also a massive walled garden for the most part. Also, orchestration tools like Ansible and Terraform, along with Docker and Kubernetes, make it way easier than before to manage server infrastructure without many of the services AWS offers. All you need are some virtual private servers and your are good to go. I much prefer DigitalOcean since it uses standard stuff and isn't a walled garden.

>2 trillion messages snooped, analyzed, and sold PER WEEK
wow! think of how many hamburger ads you could sell with one of these babies!

the feller in there says he'll give you 10 dollers if you sing into his can

lmao your use case is probably extremely basic. that or you're an azure shill. either way, fuck off

Pretty easy to be the most stable when no one uses your platform.

How the fuck am I an Azure shill? I didn't say anything about Azure. If anything, I'm a DigitalOcean shill but I don't think that is even the case. You just sound like an AWS fan boy who is butt hurt because there are now viable alternatives to AWS and all the time and effort you sunk into learning AWS's closed ecosystem doesn't transfer.

AWS is literally just riding on momentum and sheer name recognition.

ansible, docker, and kubernetes attracts business customers, not the college faggots who have no clue what they're doing.
Those college faggots are your bread and butter.

They have a free as in free beer VM if you have an account upgraded to the one that can get invoices, why not just use that and blow the gbucks on better stuff?

I don't use either, but if you think DO is a competitor to AWS's offerings then it's obvious your use cases are basic bitch and/or you are retarded.

MS push their cloud shit pretty hard these year
so not so surprise

You can't beat something everyone uses. That's all AWS is

Other way around buckaroo. I work for one of the largest tech companies in north america. It's currently migrating many of its services to AWS

Microsoft is closely aligned with the Chinese government. Hu Jintao literally visited Microsoft last time I worked in Seattle.

Because they're losing.

And your company could have just as easily moved to Azure or IBM Cloud.

You remember how companies who build their entire IT infrastructure around Windows Server come about?
Through an expert business sale by a Microsoft representative, probably promising more personalized support, probably spending much more time with the decision makers than the probably nonexistent "Linux" representative.

I forgot to get to the point.
While your managers sway with the wind of whichever massive corporation tries to "woo" them the most, college kids don't.
They learn whatever their professors teach them, or whatever they happen to think is the sexiest at the time.
Despite being one of the most malleable populations, their opinions about things hardly ever change and are as hard-headed supporters for whatever they idolize as they are against whatever it competes with.
t. this entire board

Google decided to hire a lot more mentally unstable trannies for the liberal points.

I signed up for an Azure trial and two weeks later a M$ qt called me asking how I liked it. AWS didn't do that.

Which one is cheaper for my first app? Azure or Firebase?

Incompetence.

This is Microsoft Cloud official mascot. Say something nice about her.
msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/claudia.aspx

Attached: 6ee.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

I'm jelly, I got a dude.
I asked for custom images so I could load an instance of Android x86.

All are part of the NSA botnet, along with twitter and facebook.

based

They are different types of products. AWS is more of a PaaS and DO is more IaaS. But let me guess, you are going to tell me whatever I have worked on is some basic bitch tier work while the jizzbuzz Lambda project you made working at Neck Beard Inc makes you an expert.

With Kubernetes taking off, the only things a provider really needs to offer are a Kubernetes service, since rolling your own cluster is a pain in the ass, a load balancer for those who don't want to set one up for their cluster, and preferably a data base service. DO offers all of those with the exception of a database service, which they are already previewing and will be rolling out soon.

Their market share statistics are skewed bullshit. They make organizations who buy large contracts for support and licensing from them include Azure service even if they don't have any plan to use it. They do these to get their foot in the door at companies that want a one stop shop and they do it to inflate their statistics. Most of the organizations using are most MS / .net shops or they need a provider to host SQL Server databases.

professors don't teach students how to use different cloud services or containerization offerings.

i used to work at snap which recently transferred over to AWS from GCP. Now I work at google and can see why. GCP moves slower but releases polished products. AWS has rapid iterations, which leaves them with massive amounts of technical debt, but combined with their customer support produces a much better experience for most enterprise use cases.

Why do you think netflix and fucking fortnite stay on AWS instead of moving to another provider? It's not because they're "used to it". fuck's sake, Netflix has rolled in house solutions to most of their problems (see scryer and titus) and moving isn't as big of a challenge for them as you would think. AWS offers a superior product and their "customer obsession" crap works extremely well, as evidenced by how GCP is trying to play copycat.

I recall when we switched over that we wanted to spin up 20k EC2 instances in 10 seconds. We could do this with GCP, and the AWS guys gave us blank stares because it would take them about 15 minutes to do the same. No more than a month later with their ASG update we could do 25k EC2 instances in 7 seconds. GCP would have taken half a year for the same update.

And you have no idea why they're doing it, because you're not in any management position. You have no idea what cost opportunity analyses have gone into that decision.

but they do
my senior project was literally a serverless application using AWS Lambda and S3.

I bet it's because most admins are more comfortable with MS's native RDP ui than using a mix of webui and cli on aws, goog cloud.

wtf I love Microsoft now

Attached: microsoft_cloudia.jpg (350x333, 98K)

hey, user, it works! does google have that power? or any other tech company? nah

Only because it's very expensive

t. Startup spending £80K a year on Azure

People want to work at Apple/Amazon/Google but Microsoft I've heard is the only company that *really* takes care of its employees.

Even their cafeteria workers get the same perks the real employees do.