/spg/ - Smartphone General

Fairphone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Fairphone_pattern.jpg (1920x1281, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9FER7aYtuFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FIRST!

Attached: incel were listening 4.png (570x306, 136K)

What's the best way to check your battery health? I think I remember an app a few threads ago.
Just got a refurbished phone, and everything else seems to check out fine.

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna buy a Xiaomi Mi A2™
Nothing can stop me now

Fairphone may be nice because of the reparability, but it never received an hardware upgrade, so yeah not appealing

Gearbest takes Paypal so you've got a decent level of security on your money plus not giving chinks your CC info.

thats good to hear. I guess a lot of ppl order from there so it should be somewhat safe

accubattery is what I see shilled here constantly but android itself should be able to determine that as well

good for you Chiang
make maomao prow

What's the cheapest I can get a OnePlus 6T?

Galaxy S9 64GB for $480 or OnePlus 6T for $530?

Is it worth paying the extra $50 for addtl memory (64gb -> 128gb on Galaxy; 128gb -> 256gb on OnePlus)

>buy bargain Redmi Note 5
>flash Lineage + Magisk
Anything else I should do?

buy from official store and apply student discount

do you need 256gb memory? only you can answer this question.
IMO unless you're shooting 4k videos, taking hundreds of pictures daily and listening to flac music it's an overkill

Enable Camera2api and install GCam

I need a phone with long ass battery life, easily replaceable battery, microsd storage, and a headphone jack, don't need any fancy shit like wireless charging or a fingerprint reader

what get

Pocophone?

does that shit work with verizon

nope, rip

Moto E5 Plus

pocophone battery is replaceable?

Mi Mix 3 or OP6T? I saw a battery test for the Mi Mix 3 and for a 3200 mAh battery it performs insanely well but I'm worried about the optimizations being lost if I flash a custom ROM onto it

Much easier than many other modern smartphones.
youtube.com/watch?v=9FER7aYtuFU

I ordered a phone and I just realized the seller (BREED) has recently been palming off used/refurbished phones as new. When the phone arrives how do I check if it was used?

Attached: 1395926518953.png (243x229, 97K)

Any newer phones with... ?
+physical buttons
+16:9 screen ratio
+no notch
+no curved corners or edges
+good battery life
+1440p
+3.5mm input
+expandable memory

So far I only got s7 active, but if there are others than that's crazy.

nokia 8? it's last year though and no noti led...

Redpill me on lineageOS
I use a huawei mate 9

But it did, they changed camera module for a newer one

Is the pixel 3 good or overrated?

>last phone was s5
>degoogled it
>didn't even have playstore
>banking apps don't werk but whatever
>at least I can't be tracked amirite
>transport app no longer werks
>develops BSOD
>hello pajeet
>choose waiting weeks for chinkshit poco or latest meme
>or buy an s8 under contract and pay 20 bucks a month
>choose the sane option
>go into store, deposit a shiny dollar and have a flagship phone that werks OOTB
>wait wtf is all this samshit bloat and uninstallable google and facebook crud
>consider flashing another pajeet ROM
>do research first
>its possible to remove samshit via ADB without even rooting phone
>thank you based white male geeks
>again choose the sane option
>tell google to please don't track me
>everything werks flawlessly
>don't even root phone
Was all that mucking around with custom curry ROMs a massive timesink and a Jow Forums meme?

I'm tearing my hair out. My old Sony Xperia died but I just can't find a decent, new 200-300 Euro range phone.

Water resistance is a must.

Attached: 1523963305134.jpg (3264x2448, 867K)

Sony XZ1/XZ1 Compact, LG G6, Moto X4, Galaxy A8 (2018)

>flash "you tell me" ROM
>camera quality instantly drops, "no drivers"
>dual camera functionality literally ceases to exist
>hdr+ fucked, can't record 4k
>battery drain
based

Who makes the best cases?

Attached: IMG_1896.png (476x346, 140K)

A bit too pricey but I think I'll go with Sony.

I do like Compact a lot, I prefer smaller screens over shovels any time, any day.

I want to get a new phone and saw a Black Friday deal for the Note 9 - $739. Do you think that's worth it, or are there better phones for the price?

I mostly care about battery life and having a headphone jack.

Oh, and I'm on Verizon.

There's no better phone than the Note 9

Is there anyone who has experience flashing rom with odin here?

I'm trying to repair my i8150 from softbrick by reflashing the same rom (it was Cyanogenmod
10 JellyBean 4.1.2). From what I researched, I need odin downloader, ancora.ops, and MD5 file. But from the files they (the guys at xda) provide, there's no .md5 file except clockwordmod file.
Am I wrong here in thinking there should be .md5 file for the rom itself? Because the content of the rom's zip are only system and META-INF folders plus boot.img.
Do I look for .md5 file in the internet, or am I supposed to flash my device with the clockwordmod, and installing the rom through it?

Attached: 1539799023286.png (497x478, 163K)

Why is that user?

>doesn't bother to do research
>blames the entire ROM community on his own fuckups
typical zoomer, I flashed my phone with a ROM, my battery life is fantastic, flashed GCam and the performance is miles better than stock, it's your fault you didn't even look into whether there were issues with the ROM you loaded, nor figured out if there were any other addons you could use to save your battery life

What happened to HTC phones? I thought a lot of people used to really like HTC Ones but it seems like nobody mentions them anymore.

he's a fucking shill, that's why
better deal for you would be either the Moto Z2 Force on sale through Moto's website for $299, or Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S will work on Verizon as long as you use a preconfigured SIM, like the one in your current phone as long as it's a nano SIM
also Pixel 3 was on sale for $700, or you could get a Pixel 2XL for ~$450

the M10 left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth due to the throttling and shit battery
the U11 was nice but expensive and people didn't buy it
the U12+ is really nice and cheaper than the Samsung's and the Pixel 3 at this point, except now Pixel 3's are on sale

iPhone XR still potentially the smart buy of the year?

for people with money that is

hey nigger, the z2 force has a shit battery, no more updates after pie, and doesn't have muh jack, it has literally no redeemable qualities other than being a cheap phone that works

>flashing dodging roms from someone who shits in the street

How do I CIA nigger proof my phone??!!!?!?!

Attached: 1511220323583.jpg (327x346, 62K)

Yeah it's pretty good for me so far

Its a stylo 4
t.newphonefag

Attached: 1508875419063.png (1280x800, 602K)

>what is the power pack mod
>what is custom ROMs
>what is taking the stick out of your dicknfilled ass
fuck off dumb nigger

Kde plasma w/ Tor only sim card

did you get it from Metro or unlocked? you know what nevermind, LG doesn't allow them to be unlocked so you're fucked either way

s8 active too?

Dang,lol

Attached: 1541713197545.png (1316x1152, 50K)

Currently using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, looking to upgrade. Buying in Hong Kong. Any pros and cons on the below choices?

Nokia 6.1 Pro
Xiaomi A2
Nokia 7 Pro

Basically going for the Android One phones because I want stock Android and upgrades.

Attached: OS.png (600x1097, 942K)

W8,why?Pls spoon feed or gibe educational sauce

if you want stock Android, get the Zenfone Max Pro M1, better than all the ones you listed
LG stopped unlocking Stylo's after the Stylo 3, they realized they couldn't force people to upgrade if they could unlock the bootloader, bootloader unlock now is only available on the G and V series

And?
t.brainlet

and what

Why am I fucked

Attached: 1541866902887m.jpg (1024x768, 64K)

Right thanks, I'll look into the Asus.
How's their update policy though? Will it get stuck on Oreo?

you're fucked because the CIA niggers are gonna throw you in front of a train
it's android one, so no, and its already got a developer community so it will have support for sometime, but it should get Android Q because it was released with Oreo and AndroidOne phones get two version updates

I want to make my own privacy phone. I'm thinking about using PureOS or LineageOS. Will these distros work with any Android phone, or do I need to consult a list of approved phones? Is there a better distro I should be using?

What are some YouTube clients that don't rape you and let you upload videos?
(Also how do I get around not getting security-fucked by gmail while getting a YouTube channel)

How do I get a tor-only sim card?

I've used minitube for openBSD. It seems fine for searching and watching videos.

I'm using android and I wanna upload though

skytube muh dood

Make a burner account from a public library or internet cafe? Only upload videos from the library, internet cafe, or from unsecured WiFi with a VPN, a VM with Mac spoofing?

Attached: 1531766378844m.jpg (1024x702, 189K)

Use chink phones since they remove CIA backdoors to add their own

Can't upload but is still good little niggah
(Also how can I get around the having to get a gmail for YouTube thing)

Attached: 1540601106507.jpg (615x828, 326K)

Does every screen protector have bad reviews because they're all bad or because anyone who leaves reviews is too retarded to apply them properly?

Okie,didn't see this when I posted this i'll probs use a VPN when uploading but im just irked about having to use stock YouTube with botnet 'n' all

just make a throwaway

Is Cat S41 the thinkpad of smart phones? I never owned a smartphone but am thinking of changing that.

OOops,I meant when I posted this:

don't do it without making a throwaway bro

A throw away gmail?

depends on if the phone has that 2.5D glass or not, but genuinely most people who post reviews are retards
yes sir

Aight,I'll use throwaway gmail for jewtube and secure one for everything else,and using the reg youtube app only for uploading

Sadly, this. At this point not being spied on is not an option, your best bet is to choose to get spied by people with no jurisdiction over you.

What manufacturers should we use? LG?

Is a Taiwanese manufacturer OK or is that under US jurisdiction?

iPhone 8 Plus sounds like the newest phone that's 16:9 with physical buttons and no notch or curved corners and great battery life
You'll have to live with 1080p (not bad) and without 3.5mm jack and expandable memory although there are models up to 256gb

Now that I think about it, the Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium checks all your boxes except the 3.5mm jack one and the physical buttons one

>just want a cheap chinkphone
>only provider with any service for 100 miles is Verizon
CDMA a shit

>SK
>chink
also
>SK
>not sharing intelligence with biggu brotheru USA
shiggy

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2/2S on a pre-activated SIM

Thanks guys, I'll check these out.

Attached: 1401556517232.jpg (384x288, 60K)

Enjoy your botnet.
Might as well look into Russian phones too

>botnet
Slap lineage on it, lmao

>enjoy your botnet
every smartphone is botnet, dipshot
>might as well look into Russian phones
brainlet spotted, it's AndroidOne, the NSA/CIA couldn't do a better job of spying on citizens than Google
you're a fucking moron

Verizon isn't CDMA anymore.

Very few CDMA towers left.

They are now LTE.

Verizon doesn't want phones on their networks anymore if they are not voice over LTE capable.

Which phone has the best camera quality for its price right now?

Attached: 44961408_1645933458846189_1273683894637428736_n.png (412x461, 145K)

Mi Mix 2S, and Mi 8 since they received the same updates to their camera software that the Mi Mix 3 did
other than that, probably the Pixel 2/XL

My Moto X Pure is sadly dying
Does anyone have a link to legit Factory New versions of it?
Ive tried Moto/Lenovo and they tried to pawn a Moto X4 to me instead

Used or new Samsung Note 4
Mate 10 Regular

S8 prototype

Eh, better than never being able to boot into homescreen.

It's not very fast. The one I tried in the store was incredibly beat up for a hardened phone. I think you'll be disappointed.

Only reason it's softbricked is coz you messed with pajeet rom in first place
Try the curry
Taste the slurry