Cloudfire's 1.1.1.1 (14) came out of beta a couple days ago

Cloudfire's 1.1.1.1 (14) came out of beta a couple days ago.

Anyone using it?

Anyone trusting cloudfire's claims that they won't sell your data?

Attached: SmartSelect_20181113-144746_Evie.jpg (1440x1790, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111
community.cloudflare.com/t/1-1-1-1-does-not-resolve-archive-is/28059
developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/commitment-to-privacy/privacy-policy/privacy-policy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cloudflare claims:
> No logs saved
> IPs deleted after 24 hours
I honestly approach it with skepticism and probably might use it for a day.

these are the people who kicked off those racist guys from their platform right?

i'd trust them

Uhh what you could always send custom DNS resolvers in android??

Normies are too retarded to do that, they need an app.

I changed my iphone dns to 1.1.1.1 before it went "mobile", the fuck is this article talking about?

I use it constantly and it works well.
it's bullshit but who cares? it's probably "more private"—it's a spectrum, like autism

BOTNET...

Despite this, I still trust them over Google or my ISP.
Not that this is some kind of ringing endorsement.

says a neet

the app encrypts the dns queries, looks like only android 9 supports dns over tls

The reason The Daily Stormer was kicked out by CloudFront:

1. CloudFront accidentally revealed info about a Jewish woman to the Daily Stormer staff.

2. The Daily Stormer doxxed her and then claimed they got the info because they are "insiders" at CloudFront.

3. Massive PR crisis for CloudFront.

Yes, they're offering the service only out of the goodness of their hearts.

Bless them.

So it's another VPN app?

I don't know why you cucks are still getting fooled by this shit. Run your own DNS resolver. Go directly to the root. Cut out the middleman.

Attached: ryzenstika.png (388x447, 10K)

>CloudFront

it's cloudflare you fucking dingus

I've been using it for a few weeks. No problems and it's as quick as you please.

They get audited every year.

blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111

Attached: 1542080354827.jpg (1080x945, 373K)

Reminder that Cloudflare is doing this as a public service to the people of the world, unlike Google who is doing it for """free""". Aka: collecting your data and selling it.

If you have half a braincell you will stop using Google DNS and jump to Cloudflare.

you can't take their word for it, the only solution is security yhrough obscurity
assume it's "more secure" and act accordingly
never trust a third party
don't even trust your own equipment
stay safe, niggerfaggots

>not hosting your own dns

why?

Who audits the auditor?

As if you only have these two choices, nigga. Both are trash.

the same cloud flare that fell out from the DNS debacle a few years back and took down a few was servers, just research

God.

most audits are worthless

Maybe if its by lesser known firms without a reputation like KPMG to uphold.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain is the fourth of God's Ten Commandments to man.

Ze open intelligence community
>disclosing zero days

>KPMG
with 200k employees you'd hope they can figure something out

If I use DNS66 from f-droid and set the custom dns server to 1.1.1.1 does it the have the same effect as using this app? Sorry for being a brainlet.

Yes

>Fast DNS
"Slow" DNS is like 1 millisecond slower and you only do a DNS look up a handful of times a day. This meme is worse than FLAC meme, literally no one in practice would be able to tell the difference in real world practice of their ISP DNS vs any other DNS.

i just use unbound direct to the dns root servers

>i'd trust them

The CEO admitted it was a bad move and a massive mistake for the company.

You must be retarded to trust them.

Fast alternatives?

Of the big companies, which one you trust less, Jow Forums?
Tell me why it is Google.

>Tell me why it is Google.
do you even need to ask?

I trust less Google because I liked their clean minimalistic search engine before it turned to an ad fest. I have no feelings about Cloudflare, but it can't be worst, can be?
I down know what 9.9.9.9 is

Advertising is against the rules.

>I down know what 9.9.9.9 is
IBM's DNS

What?

>citation needed

>Anyone using it?
this is something a fucking retard that can change the config but doesn't know better would do.

I used to work for an auditor and the tech illiteracy was truly frightening. The idea that there's a way to log things secretly evaded quite a few of my former colleagues

my isp's supplied gateway device uses 1.1.1.1 as a loopback and there's no alternative connection methods to not route through their device

>using anyother (((dns services))) except for pic related
Jow Forums is dead

Attached: Screenshot_20181114-105706.jpg (1080x1920, 242K)

>using a phone
Jow Forums is dead

>not using the most advanced computing device which fits in your pocket
Boomer gtfo

Consider if there's any point in not using your ISP supplied DNS since they control your pipes.
You're hoping that they don't MITM you. If they won't you'll just have to judge if you trust cloud flare more than your ISP.
I'm not American so it's pretty clear cut to me that I won't send my data to an American company if given the options.

>Consider if there's any point in not using your ISP supplied DNS since they control your pipes.
IS{ DNS severs are often pants-on-head retarded: wrong entries, DNS hijacking, and five-minute TTLs extended by weeks.
At least Cloudflare's DNS actually works.

>not running unbound resolver in 2018
community.cloudflare.com/t/1-1-1-1-does-not-resolve-archive-is/28059
They also won't resolve archive.is blames archive.is for it

Is it not possible to do both?

Can't you just put 1.1.1.1 into DNS66?

It's slower than Google's dns for me

Are these better than your ISP's?(say Comcast?)

Sure comcast has some shitty business practices but they at least have a more immediate method of monetization. (although they do sell data)

Anyways, it seems to me that unless you were going through a proxy, your ISP already knows everything anyway.

cloudflare is a joke, they make money by protecting criminals. i haven't known of any business that protects criminals but doesn't commit crimes of its own, have you?

>colorful numbers
>"speedy"
excited_soyboy.jpg

>so we pay a worldwide company to have a 24 year old CS graduate "audit" us, and his manager has been instructed by our account manager, who just made partner at KPMG that the report has to go through them before any findings can be published.

developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/commitment-to-privacy/privacy-policy/privacy-policy/

>firefox
DROPPED. we all know what mozilla is up to.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 18.12.31.jpg (782x96, 16K)

Then don't use Firefox

NSA, CIA and FBI

In fact they are the auditors and ensure that the loopholes are implemented

the implication is that this company is closely partnering with mozilla, another company dedicated to the eradication of Americans' constitutional right to freedom of speech based on the premise that hurt feelings are more important than liberty for every man, woman, and child of the nation

This thread has been.brough to.you by paid Cloudflare shills.

Attached: sage.jpg (512x527, 119K)

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but it sounds pretty cringy.

All that tab is for is a privacy policy for Firefox because Firefox chooses to direct all of their user's traffic through CloudFare DNS by default.

>Firefox chooses to direct all of their user's traffic through CloudFare DNS by default
And do you think they just did that without coming to agreeable terms with CloudFlare first? You are so naive.

>having pockets and not wearing sweatpants and hotpocket stained tshirts 24/7
Jow Forums is dead

I've never experienced that. If that's the normal case then you obviously should use something else.

I would add that at least you have a formal business relationship with your ISP.

But my issue is that my ISP's DNS doesn't offer DNSCrypt. And I don't like the idea of my DNS queries going out in plaintext.

>hey guys, what if we centralize the internet?
who the hell thought that cloudflare was a good idea

>Not running your own recursive DNS resolver

Holy fucking shit is this why it was blocked all this time

I could not fucking figure it out

Thought it was my. Hosts file. Or something or one of my extensions

What a cucked ass dns
Back to. Google I guess

>DNS goes mobile
What did they mean by this?

There's no reason to use any dns besides the one provided by your ISP, unless you live in a cuck country where the ISPs DNS-block half the internet.

Botnet.

I write for the stormer, please back up your claims with evidence

Attached: 533.jpg (900x729, 67K)

kys shill