What alternative tablet brands would you guys recommend?

What alternative tablet brands would you guys recommend?

Pic related, sadly discontinued though.

Attached: jolla.jpg (1200x900, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

koddos.net/blog/icloud-hacker-wants-175000-ransom-to-be-paid-in-bitcoin-btc/
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_20_x-9369.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice meme.

Attached: 1541634693011.gif (480x270, 3.2M)

iPad or go home

Xiaomi's Mi Pad 4. Has an 8 inch and a 10 inch version.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Banner.jpg (850x445, 51K)

This. waiting for mine to arrive

Tablets are shit. Either use your phone or a laptop.

Lenovo makes some nice, albeit overpriced tablets

God I want this so bad

Tablets are a massive meme. They are for nobody, don't get one for you or your child, get a laptop or a phone.

Laptop is too big to use while in bed, phone is too small.

apple makes a nice tablet but I can't remember what it's called

What's with this "apple makes good tablets" meme recently?

i cant answer that but apple does make good tablets.
they are just overpriced as fuck.

They're nothing but paperweights unless you can flash a custom ROM on them.

What is wrong with the main tablet brands?

Attached: akrales_181101_3064_0078.jpg (2040x1360, 633K)

Shitposting from a Nexus 7 2012 on lineage os I got for $16 and its pretty comfy. If you're a mobile gaymer don't bother with old shit tough.

Windows tablet or bust

Get a Mediapad. M3's are still viable. I'm waiting for my M5.

You don't have like, a wife or a gf to use in bed?
Not even waifu pillows?

Didn't you make this thread already, this week?

Chinese: Teclast, Cube, Xiaomeme
if Euro: Look for rebranded and slightly modified chink brands, might be good. alternatively, try german brands they seem to import parts and make chinkesque abominations.

iPad 2018 is rather underpriced

The Apple Braplet

I'm considering buying one because no one is making ereaders with sd card slots these days.

What's a good Intel CPU tablet which can run Linux?
I don't care about dGPU or any fancy stylus support and I would like to avoid paying $bigsum for a Surface

The 6.9-7.2" 2018 phablets are on the 18:9 which is too narrow for portrait mode reading.
I really wanted the 16:10 screen ratio, but the mi pad 4 8" can't be used for phone calls, only volte if available.
The downside is the M5 8 but it has no dedicated mic for calls and no 3.5 jack. Camera is also meh, same as my 4 yr old Mediapad X1. But no other options available for 2018, still also might buy it.

I got the 10 inch version

Samsung 2017 Galaxy A is solid. It's basically a bigger version of an android phone.
>Great battery life
>Runs android 7 which means it's more current than 90% of other android tablets
>Upgradable memory and a headphone jack
>It's not overtaken by touchwiz
>less than $200

>Phones are 6", tablets are 8"
No more comfy 7"

New 8" tablets are the same size as old 7" because of the smaller bezels.

Example

Attached: Untitled_1.png (1200x1101, 665K)

The nexus 7 is truly comfy tablet.

I'm pretty happy with my cube iWork10 ultimate, but I'm using it more like a netbook than a true tablet and it's kinda getting old by now. Probably gonna replace it next year if I can find something similar with more modern hardware, also an open bootloader would be nice

*outdated
just get the mi pad u old hag

Are any alive anymore? I had one, and it died, I replaced the main board, and have stopped using it because it's dying too

I think so, people still post pics in RPi threads.

It had a faulty hardware. It would get really slow over time and the motherboard was prone to spontaneously breaking.

Attached: Comb07112018022656.jpg (720x1182, 206K)

Yeah, this is what happened to me twice. A shame.

>no micro sd slot
Will apple ever add support for them? This is the biggest downside in owning an apple tablet for me.

We're expecting UHS-II A2 V90 512GB mSD cards for around ~$150 next year

Attached: Comb14112018095438.jpg (720x1554, 128K)

What do you need a microsd for in this age of 256gb devices and unlimited 4g?

Because you can upgrade storage and 4G isn't always fast and always drains your battery. If a 256GB iPad has mSD support you could get 768GB of storage right now like you can on the tab S4.

I honestly wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we got 800GB mSD cards next year either. Before SD NVME express (128TB) we'll see up to 2TB cards.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-07-19-11-51(1).jpg (720x890, 176K)

I hope huawei releases mediapad x3. That lineup was the most comfy and complete 7" phablet that I know of.

2nd hand Surface 3/Pro 3.

What's the difference between X3 and other series like M and T ?

I don't buy 2nd hand unless I know the previous owner

>256GB
You don't actually consider that a lot of storage space, do you?

It's enough for apps. The point being that you should store everything else in the cloud anyway.

Why? I don't like my data getting leaked by hackers due to apple's incompetent security that can be picked apart by middle schoolers and lte/wifi drains the shit out of your battery.

koddos.net/blog/icloud-hacker-wants-175000-ransom-to-be-paid-in-bitcoin-btc/

7.2" phablet but 18.7:9 ratio, one of huawei's current flagships which is a beast just released this nov.
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_20_x-9369.php

>amoled screen
>nm card support
>3.5mm headphone jack
>notch
holy hell it's 90% perfect

>notch
>900 euros
No thanks.

Is Android good for tablets anymore? It feels like iOS and Windows 10 are the only ones that provide a decent tablet experience now, whereas Android feels like it dropped the ball on tablets a while ago.

>tablet
>small ones are cheap, but too small for Chinese cave drawings
>big ones are too expensive for Chinese abandoned baby drawings

see
As far as the OS goes, you can now run linux shells and an entire linux OS on Android now (see samshit dex). iOS can't do any of these things.

tab s3 will be $400 for black friday

8 inch Mi Pad 4 is just fine for manga.

Even on something like a $20 wallmart phone you can use things like termux and consequentially packages like ffmpeg and execute scripts with shells like bash to do a shitload of things never thought possible on a fucking phone.

1 example is running this script which basically turns gifs to small file sized webms WITH post processing:

Attached: Typeform-Blog-Gifs-Inline05.webm (499x281, 53K)

here is original gif, transcode only took 10 seconds and even less to execute the script

phone: moto g4

Attached: Typeform-Blog-Gifs-Inline05.gif (499x281, 780K)

Ipad Pro (2018)

see

Windows Mobile has been doing that for years with Continuum, and DeX is proprietary and only works on select Samsung devices, but even so, that's about turning mobile devices into desktops which has nothing to do with improving the Android tablet user experience to match that of iOS. A lot of Android apps still suffer with providing a distinct tablet-specific user experience instead of treating tablets simply as just larger-sized Android phones.

just get a phablet m8

About to pull the trigger on this thing on gearbest.
Never bought chinkshit before, does the charger that comes with it work in burger outlets?

seemed a tad over priced, but is everyone happy with theirs?

You don't need dex to run linux shell and packages, hell you don't even need root. Why would you use a tablet that costs twice as much with only a FRACTION of the useful functions/features? You're literally paying MORE to get LESS.

webm related was created with a slightly modified bash scrip on my phone. It took about a minute though.

Attached: Best 60fps Video on Youtube_VO WebM 720p 60fps.webm (640x360, 2.36M)

I feel this way about laptops, use a pc or your phone.

but anytime I buy a tablet or laptop I never use it, guess it depends on the person.

>over priced
Compared to what?

They probably come with US plugs, but if not, they usually include an adapter based on what country the order came from.

For anyone wondering: yes this is a 60 fps webm.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-14-14-10-29(1).jpg (1207x663, 144K)

Seems every tablet is overpriced, but people pay so they won't drop in price.
(seriously either shit $50 ones for $300, all the
in betweens are the same way)

Samsung, apple, and the like are overpriced... Chink brand are cheap and slow, no "fair" one's that I have seen.

How are tablets for reading (both regular books and manga)?

My Kindle 4 (with Duokan) is full, shits the bed whenever I try to open an author's complete works and it looks there is no 7-8 inches ereaders with a sd card slot on the market.

However, it's easy on the eyes and the battery lasts forever.

I'm sure they have an adapter for sale! XD

No they don't, they still use the mobile iOS OS iPhones use instead of mac os. Meanwhile android tablets can now at least run partial linux OS.

see

note 9 is 6.4", really got me thinking...

Laptop to heavy, and phone too small, and e-reader can't into PDFs.
A tablet is the perfect solution, I can read myself to sleep while being comfy in bed and fapping easily as well.
While it's true most of the tablet out there are overpriced, getting a decent one just require looking around a little harder.
IMO, these are bang for buck
>Asus Zenpad 3S
>Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
>Huawei Mediapad M3
>Huawei Mediapad M5

Attached: 1542167633582.jpg_(JPEG_Image,_800 × 1182_pixels)1542167633582.jpg (800x1182, 156K)

The upcoming pine64 tablet

why? just wipe it and load your shit... do you think they bathed with it?

>How are tablets for reading (both regular books and manga)?
With little tweaks? Very great.
Better than e-reader if the screen is AMOLD.

Gonna have to reinstall sfos on mine, neliapila now supports replying, so finally something to do on it

That 6.4" is in 18:9.5 aspect ratio though.

>notch
doh! Think i'd rather lose my selfie ego cam.

>4c 1GHz A53
nah, my wifi router has a better processor.

Oh and btw planet computers has another clamshell with hw keyboard on indiegogo (the gemini pda guys) will run debian and sailfish, so a nice alternative

idk, like Amazon tablets are $100 for a 10" but the CPU sucks, is the CPU really that much? (Ok, even with an extra gig or two of ram and a nicer screen, just seems like a lot...)

about what you'd expect, as long as it's not under the sun you are good.

I don't watch a lot of movies on it? Is this about the pixels being totally square?

This, selfie cams don't belong on a tablet.
A small rear cam for QR code scanner is more than enough.
But then again we live in 2018, people uses camera as document scanners.

Amazon fire tablets are complete ass. Shit screen, shit battery, shit SoC, all in one package.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-14 Compare Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) vs Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 - GSMArena com.png (784x1697, 373K)

I still have a working N7 2012. It's not exactly extremely quick but it's still usable. I had to install some custom ROM and schedule a weekly TRIM for the storage to prevent it from becoming dogshit slow.

It's mean the phone is taller and slimmer compared to 6.4" 16:9 or 16:10 device.
See pic related.
Both are 6.4" but the red is in the 1.89 aspect ratio while the blue is in 1.78 aspect ratio.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-14_22-40-41.png (260x475, 1K)

Posting this from my Mediapad X2 , Agree it's too comfy, Sadly no enough custom ROMs tho

>weekly TRIM
What are you doing?
The TRIM issues were only in 4.4.2 after the 4.4.4 update, that was solved.
You're only shortening it's lifespan.

Why would you think TRIM decreases lifespan?

Nevermind, I just found this.
200€, android 6.0, handles sd cards up to 128gb and has a 7.8'" screen, I think I'll go with that.

Attached: Boyue-Likebook-Mars-1.jpg (480x480, 23K)

It's going to be shit for manga, but whatever.

Why?

Slow page turning and flashing of the screen will soon start to annoy you. Also, two page spreads are nightmare to zoom into and read.

Can't be worse than my Kindle 4 and I've read Berserk on that.