>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: RAM scaling cope.png (1036x526, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/e/253912192511
pcpartpicker.com/list/8M8Gw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/TRGQgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/pf2PcY
pcpartpicker.com/list/GXWk7W
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820232417?ignorebbr=true&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Memory (Desktop Memory)-_-N82E16820232417&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8-K2-qyd3gIVhlYNCh3hgQZjEAQYASABEgJqKfD_BwE
pcpartpicker.com/list/9wdLYT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Intel BTFO.

Attached: 1532588044271.gif (500x491, 376K)

How long until the 1060 6gb recommendation is wiped from the OP?

Attached: 1542142574010.jpg (1200x657, 214K)

Considering the prices, it should already be.

Well, my current setup is a 27" 1440p 16:9 display in landscape with a 1080p 23% display in portrait beside and I quite like it. My alternative planw ould be to get a 4k 32" and then put my current 2&" above it. But my main reason for this is I dont like too much horizontal space of having 3 monitors in landscape and really like the portrait monitor for reading. But I feel like a 21:9 monitor would be a more elegant solution for that with the added benfit of being able to game on it or use it for letterboxed videos. Problem is I trade off the benefits of multiple physical monitors unless I keep my existing ones. I just have no idea where the fuck to put them. I feel like a floating 16:9 display over it would be odd. and a portrait one beside it would look funny or be too much horizontal space.

When you stop posting fake benchmarks

Gimme one good fucking reason why not to buy a couple of these to upgrade some shitty old laptops with for clients:
ebay.com/itm/e/253912192511

>fake
That's a bold claim, prove it

Why not? Still using a 7 year old 120gb Intlel SSD as my boot drive.

Curved monitors?
How do you mommy frickers feel about them.
I assumed they were a meme but they're ubiquitous now so I'm forced to think there is something to them

Attached: 1386970924241.jpg (1536x2048, 271K)

Depends on pricing. And whether or not cheap 570/580 are still available after launch.
For people on a 1080p 60hz monitor who play Nvidia favored games, the 1060 6Gb would still be recommendable.

It looks to me like these RX590 will probably cost too much. So unless there's still RX580 around $200-$240 and 1060s are still like $260...

At the very least it's probably comparing reference clock 580 to a high end 590... That's why I'm weary of it and waiting for third party tests.
Can't really prove that at this point, now can anyone? Just wait instead of shit posting.

1060 is the same or cheaper in some countries. Also some countries have poor availability of Freesync monitors.

I really prefer 8:5(16:10) or 3:2(15:10) for portrait.
I miswrote when I said 5:3. Woops.

I don't like "ultrawide" because windows snapping is shit. Games don't always support it well. I don't WANT a game to fill that much space and I instead want other windows filling the other space.
Seems like a fucktarded meme.
Like 16:9 is inferior to 16:10 to begin with, our eyes are closer to 5:3-3:2 for periphrial and 1:1 for focsu, so how would go even wider and shorter be better ???

Up to personal preference. As an artist, it's a pretty obvious no because straight lines are no longer straight.

pcpartpicker.com/list/8M8Gw6
for 1080p, thoughts?

Ok so i've asked this question a few times before and done plenty of my own troubleshooting but have not gotten any closer to figuring out the problem, so here goes

Why would a fairly powerful PC start slowing down and having speed issues doing the same things it had been doing fine previously? Games that used to run at 60+ fps now get 15 - 30, even YouTube videos get serious stuttering if im doing anything else on the pc. I dont remember exactly when it began but it seems like its been gradual, because the youtube thing is fairly recent but the first problem i noticed was Fallout 4 randomly getting a consistent horrible 10fps, and this is after beating the whole game at 60, no change in graphics settings (though i tried that, and reinstalling, neither changed anything)

Ive rolled back drivers, does nothing. Programs are spread out over multiple ssds & hdds so it isnt a failing drive. I did some basic temp testing in some games and things seem fairly normal. Oddly enough, some games seem to be affected differently. For example, Mad Max (2015) runs at a smooth and playable ~60fps, while Fallout 4 (2015), Mirrors edge (2016) and MGSV (2015) all get a new, noticable lag / stutter.

I have a feeling i have a dying GPU (GTX 970) or CPU (i5 4690K), but i am curious to know what you guys think. Thnx

Swap the Motherboard out for an MSI Mortar, the Asus B450 Prime is complete rubbish. Save yourself ~$150 and get an RX580 for 60hz, 1070ti is redundantly overkill unless you're chasing 144hz, in which case the 1070ti is a good choice.

CPU or GPU getting hot?

What cpu should I get for gaymin to go with my 1080?

could be something like a memory leak or bloatware

specifically what motherboard would you recommend? Im very ignorant with motherboards

pcpartpicker.com/list/TRGQgw
Should I get a better cpu or is there a better used cpu i can get.
I want to get the build closer to $500.

For a 2600 or 2700, specifically MSI B450s. Namely Mortar (mATX) and Tomahawk (full ATX). They're a good price point and have a good quality power delivery with adequate heat dissipation.

That's a lot to spend for 1080p.
You also need a monitor.

2600 if you'll OC it. 2600X if you won't or want more high end with a BCLK OC.

Uh you were already answered. I don't want to rewrite the same answer again.

That's probably about as good as you'll Ge for the money. There isn't really any other CPUs to downgrade other than maybe going to an Athlon 200GE on an A320 MOTHERBOARD, but that's too big of a down grade for not a huge saving. In terms of second hand you my luck in and find a 4770k/Z97 second hand with some DDR3 memory, Haswell i7s and i5s are getting to be good value.

will be using a 1050ti for now. thoughts?

Attached: thonk.png (1460x838, 173K)

I wouldn't go a curved monitor for a 24" 1080p, but otherwise not bad.

>That's a lot to spend for 1080p.
>You also need a monitor.
I want it to last long, and I already have a monitor

Hm so apparently Cemu is expected to roll out Vulkan support in Q1-Q3 2019.
And AMD's OpenGL MESA driver on Linux is actually fine and it matches Nvidia there.
Even still, with multithreaded recompile checked, people seem to get 30-45fps with an RX580 which isn't too far off from the 1060.

Solid.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/TRGQgw
>Should I get a better cpu or is there a better used cpu i can get.
>I want to get the build closer to $500.
Didn't I already tell you that 4 threads is often going to bottleneck that GPU? You'll get stuttering in some CPU demanding games.
I'm pretty sure I've seen R5 1600s for like $120-$130. Used, you might even find them cheaper.
Only point in getting the 2200G is for even cheaper builds to use the iGPU. 4 threads is otherwise dead.

>I already have a monitor
If we're not good enough to know what monitor it is, then don't expect useful help.

can someone give me a non-meme answer as to why cherry mx brown keyboards are crap?

Because blues are literally the only thing worth typing on. Everything else is a fucking gamer meme.

I dont even know what monitor it is, its some haier TV

I'm not 100% sold on blues due how loud they can get, do o-ring dampeners actually make any sort of difference?

just get a topre keyboard

should i get a z370 or a z390 with an 8700k?

Which boards are good? Looking for something sub $200.

For 21:9 it is a must have because of the extended peripheral vision. For 16:9 completely unnecessary and waste of money.

Asus Z370-A, or Strix-F. A few of the Asrock Taichi boards are worth looking at. Not too familiar with Z390 offereings but I know for the most part Asus has dropped the ball with this chipset. See if there's anything EVGA in your price range too.

Actually, from memory the Prime-A and Strix-F are just a fat 4 phase, not the 8 phase they try to market... Can't remember though.
Asrock Extreme 4 is another good board.

Get a monitor then. Tvs suck ass and that one is a cheap chink brand which is a hit or miss at best.

i did some testing in BF4, everything seems fairly normal. all settings on ultra, still getting good framerate.

cpu temps averaged at 50°C, max 53°
cpu load averaged 75%, max around 95%

gpu temps averaged around 80° and maxed at 80°
gpu load averaged 90%, maxed 95%

feeling the side of the case it feels a bit hot but always has.

how could i check for these? virus scans show nothing, sure i could probably uninstall some programs but would that actually change something?

cool?? obviously i didnt get a solution so idk why youd even bother replying, nor rewriting the same answer

I built a PC back in March and recently it's been having an issue of just freezing up, it starts slow by not responding to clicks, then everything will just come to a halt. If I wait long enough, even holding down the power button does nothing and I have to switch off the power supply to get it to turn off.

I figure it's an issue with the motherboard, but it only happens about once or twice a month. The fact that the power button stops working makes me think it's not a software or driver issue, but is there any way to know for sure? I ran the checks on the SSD and Ram and they came back fine.

>get a build ready
>check prices from local sources
>1.5x amazon price
what the fuck we manufacture these things

Yeah, temps are normal, doubt it's throttling. Might be worth saving anything that's worthwhile and doing a fresh Windows install of it's not a hardware issue.

hello, I am an idiot and want to build a pc, so I just hacked some shit together. Can someone tell me why this is stupid, and what would make it not stupid? pcpartpicker.com/list/pf2PcY

Attached: 1496528756613.png (178x300, 39K)

Dark Rock Pro 4 or NH-D15? Or does it not matter?

forgot to add, i just bought a 1tb ssd, which is why didn't include any storage

Can I just replace my 1070 ti with a 2080ti and GSYNC monitor in this build, or is it pointless without DDR4 and an updated CPU?

Attached: Capture.jpg (488x424, 38K)

>590

Will it have more CUs than the 580? If not, what is the point.

Better to get a CPU upgrade unless you're running 4k and don't care about frame rate. Maybe a 9700k or wait for ryzen 3000. If you don't want to do that then at least get dual channel memory and overclock.

4 phase with double high and low side is fine, though.

Refined process. Supposedly it's up to 14%, or even 20%, higher performance than the 580. Which puts it like halfway between a 1060 and 1070, possibly? Who knows until there are 3rd party reviews.

>Everything you have proof of is fake because I chose an arbitrary allegiance to the other company that doesn't even know I exist.

>RTX card
>pairing slow ram with a ryzen CPU
>pairing R5 2600x with 2080
Ill try setting up a better list if you tell me what your use case and resolution/hz will be

Both are within margin of error in temps and noise. Get what ever's cheapest or looks better in your opinion.
Single threaded performance would be enough to get away with if you're going 1440p or 4k, but you'll probably find some of the better optimised games will run you out of threads. I'd try finding a cheap 4770k/4790k and sell your i5, or just upgrade to a new platform.
>2133mhz ram
Yikes!
pcpartpicker.com/list/GXWk7W
Amended with 3200CL14 memory and added a decent CPU cooler to maximise PBO, and added a motherboard with voltage offset to also maximise PBO.

This post should be removed for being max autism.

The last line is funny. As if a 1500r curve is making your art any more shit. That isn't how these curves work.

Why does my msi rx 470 armor max out at 71C ? I have never seen it go above this temp. Is this hurting my performance ?

I went with 21:9 34 inch and a 65 inch OLED tv in the same area to replace my old setup 3 years ago. As a creator myself, there is no downside and the extra space on one screen is perfect. Much better than my three monitor setup or my dicking around with 4:3 or 16:10(which no good monitors have been released in ages for those ratios).

that is the most normal temperature I have ever heard I can't imagine why you would be worried about that

well i hear of others peoples hitting 90C under load, but mine doesnt do that so is it gimped ?

Third party reviews don't matter!

Attached: 15082658395l.jpg (800x320, 311K)

check your clocks under load if you want but I'd bet money nothing is wrong

You'd be fine with a 4790k At least you have decently fast RAM.

You're the retard which doesn't understand perspective.

Yeah, not for Intel. Just buy it.

What are the most cookie cutter 1080/1440 144 mhz builds?

Attached: dididogoodv.png (628x424, 84K)

I just want 7nm. Put it in me already AMD.

Depends entirely on cooler design, clockspeed and case ventilation. For example a Founders 1080ti will sit around 80°C on a well ventilated case, but a Strix 1080ti will sit mid to high sixties with higher clockspeeds in the same circumstance.

i've been thinking of doing that. Might even upgrade to Win10 while im at it. I wanted to put it off because i love 7 and ive heard too many horror stories of win10, and win 7 is still going to be supported until 2020(?), but i know i will have to get there eventually so considering just getting it out of the way.

and worst case scenario if it is hardware, at least that will narrow it down to the hardware and i can just upgrade the system. it's been running strong since early 2015 but i do sometimes want to play newer games on higher settings lol.

This ram I'm getting is $20 cheaper right now. Should I get it now or wait for black friday?
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820232417?ignorebbr=true&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Memory (Desktop Memory)-_-N82E16820232417&gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8-K2-qyd3gIVhlYNCh3hgQZjEAQYASABEgJqKfD_BwE

Replace winblow$ with Linux, silly winfag.

Just wait™
Something along the lines of a 2600/B450 plus a Vega/1070ti.

I'm planning to build a video editing rig that may be used for gaming and streaming. Is it alright to buy now or or wait for Zen2 and whatever graphics solution AMD has in store?

Hello and Welcome to Cuck Deals!

Why buy 9900K when 8700K is much better in gaming?

It's the most threads you can get with the 5ghz peak clock. Pretty niche market though most people are better off with something else.

>$3000 prebuilt worse than a $1000 new PC
Based. They can't offload Kabylake garbage so they just leave them overpriced for the few retards who will buy them. The stupid deserve to be parted with their money.

Anyway uhh 2600X with B-die. 2700X or 9700k if you want to spend more for a bit better performance.
2600 OC with just general 3200 CL16 RAM if you don't care about get the highest possible FPS as some games just don't want to run over 100fps or so. Some are even locked at 60. But if you just want value.
Paired with Vega56 most likely since not having *sync is dumb unless all you play is one game that locks at 144 fine. But 1070Ti is the more expensive alternative or sometimes cheaper if "I am too blind to see microstutters" alternative without any *sync.

win7 being the best ever is a dumb meme.

JUST buy it

is a 2600x enough to run shitty unoptimized garbage ubisoft makes? Some of their games don't even get my 760 past 50% load because they're so heavy on cpu so I'm considering upgrading my CPU and later my GPU down the line. 8600k is too expensive together with a good OC-able motherboard and I could benefit from better multicore since my pc isn't only for gaming which is why I'm thinking of the 2600x.

What do you have now? 2600x won't be a bottleneck unless you have a 2080ti.

OC'd 2500k. It's almost vintage at this point but it still serves me really well for everything BUT ubisoft games and none of the graphic settings do anything to change the cpu load.
I wouldn't even think of upgrading if having 100fps in For Honor didn't turn you into fucking neo.

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-For-Honor-results-01.png (721x500, 11K)

The problem with those is that they're using the ingame benchmark tool which isn't representative of a typical game session at all. I get 100 fps average in it with my prehistoric setup yet in a real match I'm lucky if I get silky smooth 40fps.
The thing I've been doing is watching benchmarks on asscreeds titles (origins and odyssey) because they are even more cpu heavy and don't have an ingame benchmark tool for lazy reviewers to use.

So I retardedly didn't look and didn't realize the rosewill challenger s and challenger have different internal 3.5 inch bay amounts.

I blame the Amazon description not making that clear, although I bought it on Amazon.

Can I get a rosewill 4 3.5 inch drive cage made for servers and Velcro it into the space between the 5.25 inch bays to fit more hard drives? I already have 4 drives but would like the expandability options.

I also bought a 3 3.5 inch bay adapter for the 5.25 inch bays.

you seen the ass creed threadripper numbers? those games love moar cores

Bought on eBay*

Don't know why I worry tho because I bought a new motherboard that has 6 sata ports so I have enough drive cages.

nig rig it however you want man I have my drives rubber banded to foam pads to cut the vibration

Alright, that makes it easier.
The 2600 just looks like such good value it'd be a shame to have to pay a premium for no HT just to play ubishit.

im sure it isnt the best either, but it's comfy and im familiar with it. i have a laptop with win10 and it's ok but has some really annoying quirks

Gonna be damn nice to have a case that looks like it has more cable room, the one I have right now has me messing with the drive clips because if the drives are pushed in all they way the drive pushes up against the edge of the case and the entire case vibrates and I'm scared the sata cables are gonna break.

Bitfenix neos a shit

brainlet here, about to get two SSD's to replace my dying HHD. what do I have to do in order to make sure the transfer of data is smooth?

I want to get a flash case because I'm a complete shill. Probably a tower, what should I be looking for?

What is better, 1600MHz single channel CL10 or 1600MHz dual channel CL11?

based satania poster

Attached: satania.jpg (2048x1152, 187K)

NOooOoOOOoo 4 threads is all you need just get a pentium
NoooOOOoooOooO the 2500k lasted forever. No game maxes it out.

But really, yes a 2600X is good, but for the most demanding cases you also want fast RAM. There's a strong argument for B-die RAM being worth it more than spending more on a CPU is.

Single channel should never be considered.
Can kinda sort of get away with it when it's a dual rank DIMM, but that's still not the same as dual channel.
Also both is garbage. You should be looking at 1866 CL9 at a MINIMUM. Anything else is wasting money to further gimp a dying and struggling platform.

The way it likes 6c/12t more for Ryzen but not Intel is strange.
I guess it likes the higher cache per core..?
Good point, too. But that game ran well on my 1600X in MP.

Win10 has some fucktarded bugs which shouldn't exist.
But it has the first working file transfer utility of any OS except maybe a few lesser used Linux ones that actually transfers asynchronously what it can and saves the prompts for the end.

Hell look at the fucking OP.
You have 1600 CL11 at 44.1 fps on a 3770k.
51.7 with 2133 CL9.
That's a ~17.5% FPS increase which makes a huge difference on a CPU which is already struggling for 60fps+.

dual channel is almost twice as good
why 2 ssds
glad to see someone who understands the nig rig game

would ryzen 2600 bottleneck the new RX 590s?

Almost certainly
You should consider the better value option

Attached: _20181113_103746.jpg (1078x1384, 166K)

mite be the wrong place to ask but headphones with mics? are they still a meme or are they better than what they were once before? my mic is dying on me and I need a new one.

Nigger the reason I'm interested in Ryzen is because Intel is a bunch of jews
What's the most 2600 can handle, and what can 2700 handle?

What mobo would you recommend for the 8600K?

Currently, I have an Radeon 7950, FX-8350, and 1440p monitor. Looking to upgrade the GPU, since I'm getting shit FPS in MHW and Skyrim SE.
Which ones should I keep my eye on during black friday/cyber monday? Budget is ~$500, but not sure if it's worth spending that much since the rest of my system is 6+ years old.

Attached: 1539029814893.jpg (850x1133, 164K)

Too obvious of trolling.

The mics they come with are always shit, as far as I know.

2600 overclocked to 4GHz with decently fast RAM is almost never going to bottleneck a 1080 at 1080p. It takes a 1080Ti or better at 1080p to commonly see bottlenecking. It's even generally fine with a 2080 at 1440p. So an RX590 doesn't come remotely close to bottlenecking it, no, I don't know how you could get that idea.

Your CPU is probably holding you back more than the BIOS flashed GPU would. 7950 with a 7970 flash should still play MHW on medium settings and Skyrim with a ton of porn mods.
Your CPU is going to bottleneck an RX580 or 1060.
But the good news is that you can generally get a budget board, 2600/X, 2x8Gb of RAM, and RX580 for well under $500. So do that.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9wdLYT

I just bought this shit. H8 and/or R8

2600X is just fine. Get a decent aftermarket cooler and push it to 4000ghz if you haven't already.

Space for games really. Prolly gonna get one now and wait on the other for after christmas.

What about a normal clock 2600? I don't overclock.

cooler is an odd choice in that case
other than that 10/10 good multi thread perf on the cheap