Muh abandonware MPC-HC with 90s GUI

>Muh abandonware MPC-HC with 90s GUI
>Muh MPV with no GUI
Literally no non-meme reason to not just use VLC, it just works.

Attached: 1200px-VLC_Icon.svg.png (1200x1359, 372K)

Why are you so insecure? If you want to use it then do it. No need to announce it.

where do you think we are?

mpv is better

/thread

I have some WebMs where VLC shits the bed. Is that enough of a reason?

Attached: vlcsnap.png (420x360, 159K)

vlc is a great backup player especially for those weird formats/corrupt files but mpv is superior, all I need out of a video player is something to play videos and everything else is secondary

>it just works.
But it doesn't just work, and is why I had to use mpc, and mpv.

potplayer masterrace reporting in

>talking shit when 69℅ of your player is bloat and the only thing you use it for is to jerk off to Chinese cartoons like the "meme player" users
I spit in your face

loL no, xD, just don't watch your webms, watch normal videos

last time I used VLC was 2005/2006, they still haven't fixed this shit? lmao

Given that vlc is trash, is using gstreamer instead of vlc as my backend for phonon a good idea? Which is the lesser evil?

Based potplayer

>with 90s GUI
At least it doesn't look shit like this.

Attached: 1510860130039.jpg (760x486, 31K)

I tried to use VLC on linux, but it kept playing videos small, and fuscreen/maximized window would play the video the exact same size, but on the lower left hand portion of the screen while the rest of the screen was black bordered. It was fucking frustrating as fuck, so I just downloaded mpv.
This was at the begining, or mid 2018 btw, and also had other fucking dumb issues with subs.
Image is an example of how vlc would play maximized videos.

Attached: example.png (1920x1200, 417K)

I'm still using Windows Media Payer. Why would I install software on my machine when it already comes with software that performs the same function? Isn't that just bloating it?

Attached: windows-media-player-1.jpg (800x600, 31K)

Convert it into a more normal format, like there is no excuse for keeping things in bullshit formats

An appalling amount of normies would be inclined to agree, faggots be using windows movie player for no reason

Nothing would change if you put the video stream in a different container. Or are you saying he should reencode all his shit?

Attached: 1532112641718.png (888x720, 371K)

What are some good formats for vlc then?

Pretty much, depends how much shit he has, if it's like one season of an anime who the hell cares

Vlc makes subtitles out of sync when I move through the time line

>bloat is bad
>lol winbloat
>well I better install at least three media players, maybe tinker with at least 10 different browsers as well

avi with hardcoded subs

But mpc-hc also just works. So whats the reason to use vlc?

Pretty much what? Webm is a common container (served by youtube, for example), and the video is probably vp8 (it's likely he got the webm from here. To claim that either of those are "bullshit" and not normal is retarded. There is no reason for a video player to handle either so poorly, what with them being common and not particularly new.

I recognise those knees. God i wanna explode inside megumin.

Post 'em. I feel like trying that myself.

I'm honestly not sure if you're baiting or not.
Besides those WebMs are from/for ygyl threads. Using something other than VP8 isn't an option. Although I have to admit that none of my own WebMs suffer these problems. It's always stuff from other anons.

Here

You do realize there are themes you can apply?

>mpv with no GUI
?

Attached: sub.png (1445x862, 1.08M)

Anybody explain how to fix this on vlc gnu/linux?

How? That looks amazing

IINA, my dude. It’s based

>MPV with no GUI
It has a gui, retard. The only issue with it is that it doesn't come with network broadcasting so you can't use WiFi media controllers like KDE Connect.

>It just weeeeearkxxxssss
Fuck off!

i use windows media players

Attached: 1487930629926.png (658x901, 69K)

based

enjoy your washed out colors, poor scalling and shit contrast because of garbage video renderer

reddit

madvr+mpc you fag

How often do you use that GUI user?

>madvr

Attached: nice proprietary software.jpg (580x346, 27K)

This or gtfo off this board

>no GUI
you literally don't need it

Opens 4k video in mpc
Works
In mpv
Works
Vlc
Crashes.

Wow such amazing software!

Attached: 1540712933547.gif (330x620, 774K)

Tried it myself

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-11-14-22h49m51s460.png (420x360, 149K)

uninstall vlc
install mpv

>mp-hc
>abandonware

themes? what are you? some kind of 12 year old kid?

With some scripts mpv it's better than potPlayer

How is this STILL a fucking issue with VLC? How has nobody fixed this?

Fixing bugs is the least fun part of coding, fixing someone else's bugs even more so.

There's no other decent option for fedora.

>needs a GUI
>not turning off anything except for the progress bar

>mac only

Attached: 1517742587436.jpg (1136x640, 76K)

I use Bomi but I don't know if it's Jow Forums approved.

>for macOS :^)

Attached: 1519659998876s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

why would you even need that even? you can just click the icons in the pseudo gui

Good for you, user. Unfortunately it is fucked up for me and that's why I don't use VLC.

Attached: screencap.webm (488x434, 1.07M)

Works on my machine

>meme player and console app pretending to be a player
Cucks
Based.
Nothings beats potplayer packed with 60fps scripts.

Attached: pot.png (621x399, 456K)

ITT: insecure autists wanting confirmation on their choices
AKA cringe thread

Looks like a buffer issue to me. My laptop did the same thing when it had an hdd installed and I bumped or moved it, VLC would freak out because it's buffer wasn't big enough to absorb the read speed stopping until the accelerometer told it to read again. Have you tried setting it to repeat to see if it's something like that?

Also when I make webms I add a blank frame at the start so a media player has to fetch the blank frame and THEN whatever it's displaying, which tends to help these issues if it's only at the start of a file. I think it forces the codec grab more frames at the start of it playing.

I used to use mphc but it shit the bed all of a sudden and would lag when opening a file. Switched to mpv and it's great now that I memorized all the keyboard controls. Easy subtitle correction is a very nice feature.

Now that you can use external filters with VLC there is no reason to meme it

Can I use VLC as an image viewer?

>Literally no non-meme reason to not just use VLC, it just works.
It's uses more CPU horsepower to do the same things MPV does, therefore, it's worse.

>Nothings beats potplayer packed with 60fps scripts.
MPV with 144fps SVP.

IDK, probably

What filters?

I can't read the subs at that speed

LAV or any others you care to use

hue hue hue

Can I use VLC to turn an ebook into an audiobook?

And whats the point? LAV Filters is based on ffmpeg, VLC already uses ffmpeg.

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

>Also when I make webms I add a blank frame at the start
it's almost like vlc could hack patch this 10 year old bug by doing something similar

VLC is based enough but it's dependency hell

I know that the problem (at least this one) happens when a WebM has long keyframe intervals. The moment it starts to look normal is when it reaches the 2nd keyframe.
That's also why it happens with non of my WebMs because I usually stick with libvpx's default.
>Also when I make webms I add a blank frame at the start
Not a big fan of this solution, since Jow Forums uses the first frame as thumbnail.

In the end MPV works fine for me when VLC doesn't. Everybody should just use whatever player works best for them.

>Here
>
That shit webm works on VLC on my machine.

VLC is the GOAT
get BTFO shill

Attached: 2018-11-14_15-12-05.webm (486x464, 2.9M)

>if you have a different opinion, you must be a shill

As expected of mentally underdeveloped anime virgins.

Anime virgin? I just downloaded that filthy anime webm to prove that VLC can play it without any problems
now fuck off to your mpv or whatever the fuck you use to watch weeb shit

Meh, VLC has known artifcating issues, and has had them for over a decade.

Fairly easy to reproduce as well, especially if you use the seek function.

I haven't had those problems for quite some time with VLC
I just opened the anime webm and used seek and no problems whatsoever
I don't know why the fuck Jow Forums hates VLC so much, I guess it's because it's not some obscure project with no GUI that only neets can use

Attached: guser.png (300x408, 221K)

>I guess it's because it's not some obscure project with no GUI that only neets can use
Lmao, someone is getting salty that their traffic cone is depreciated shit.

Maybe if they had improved their shitty media player over the last 10+ years we wouldn't need better alternatives like MPV.

hell

not even VLC wants to see MEMEgumin trash. so it's a feature.

>ctrl-f smplayer
>0 results
:(

Attached: smplayer_2018-11-14_19-53-28.png (618x495, 35K)

Since you guys seem eager to test it, could you check this WebM as well?
This is the second type of problem I experience with VLC. Shortly after I start playback the frame freezes. Audio playback works and the video progresses normally according to the seekbar. I can pause/start but the frame stays the same. Seeking forward helps at first, but it gets stuck again shortly after. This happens for videos that were created by looping a GIF to some music via ffmpeg (I believe pictures in general, but I only have one other WebM with a static picture where you can notice because it fades in from black).

But there is GUI

Attached: .png (932x509, 123K)

webms didnt exist 2006 you fucking nerd

I use SMPlayer as a front-end for mpv.

imagine being such a braindead tard that the GUI is the most important thing for you when using a fucking video player

fuck vlc im sick of seeing this stupid second rate pos media player

Attached: good-bait.jpg (460x460, 68K)

It does that on all video formats, not just webm, baka

>no GUI
>Bad
have you considered buying a new Mac and fucking off?