I hate Microsoft so goddamn much

Why can't I change my default video player to MPC? It was my default video player for the longest time on this windows 10 computer, but then all of a sudden it switched over to windows media player and I can't change it back again. In fact, I can't change any of the default apps. What the fuck is this shit?

Attached: 1538492937332.png (770x578, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/Y6rZ9
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/erratic-windows-10-bug-breaks-changing-of-default-file-associations/
howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-broke-windows-10s-file-associations-with-a-botched-update/
ystr.github.io/types/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Winbabbies BTFO

Werks in my machineā„¢

Works fine for me. :)
Maybe try getting a non-shit video player?

Attached: Untitled.png (1149x968, 419K)

It's a bug. You need to update the system

You shouldn't do it through settings.
Right click on file > open with > choose a different app if the player you want isn't listed and tick the box "set as default".
The instructions may not be exactly as they appear because I'm phone posting in the toilet but basically you have to do it from the right click context not settings directly.

>Right click on file > open with > choose a different app if the player you want isn't listed and tick the box "set as default".
I tried. It doesn't work either. I can't even set 7z to open zip files.

Hello.
I'm truly sorry you are having this problem.
In order to help could you please tell me what version of windows are you using and have you checked if it is a genuine Microsoft product? Can I also please know what PC/Laptop you are using?
Do you have any antivirus/firewall installed? If so please disable those.
And lastly I need to ask you to restart your computer.
Let me know if the problem still persists.

Thanks
Raghav J.
Microsoft Community senior member

My system is completely updated.

It's a known bug that hasn't been fixed yet.

t. reader of r/windows10 out of morbid curiosity

Actually just noticed the October update is out. It's probably fixed now.

archive.fo/Y6rZ9

switch to macOS

>posting in the toilet
How's the water?

have you tried turning it on and off and if that doesn't werk then just install gentoo simple as that

You forgot a very important step in the troubleshooting process.

Attached: needful.png (553x361, 387K)

>It's probably fixed now.
It's not. The ETA is the end of November for some retarded reason.

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/erratic-windows-10-bug-breaks-changing-of-default-file-associations/

good. stop using the os, retard.

How does an error like this go unfixed for this long?

This is why I'm staying the fuck away from 10 for as long as I can.

Hello sir,
Please open your command prompt and run sfc /scannow
Hope this will fix your issue. Good luck :)

Rajesh P.
MVP, MCC, Moderator, Insider

recently my wife's computer had an update that seems to have permanently fucked the certificates for any SSL stuff. i've gone through the policy editor, the registry, i've installed all updates, i've fucked around with the the security settings in windows defender etc etc etc.

my wife seems to finally be on the linux train but just because she's so tired of getting fucked by windows... does this mean i've been cucked by microsoft?

>This is why I'm staying the fuck away from 10 for as long as I can.
Why ever consider it in the first place? It's not like there's some useful exclusive software for it.

>Why can't I change my default video player to MPC?
Because you are an idiot.
>It was my default video player for the longest time on this windows 10 computer, but then all of a sudden it switched over to windows media player and I can't change it back again.
>In fact, I can't change any of the default apps.
>What the fuck is this shit?
YOU.
ARE.
AN.
IDIOT.

thank you, sir.

it works, now.

Why do people actually become moderators for some corporation? It feels retarded

memes aside, it's really fucking annoying how pajeets always reply with the same "sfc /scannow" solution to every problem
like they don't even bother reading the OP

>use PajeetOS
>wonder why its shit

Attached: 1482477064199.png (640x800, 1024K)

because they don't, the answers are automated

this command has never fixed anything ever

>right click
>open with
>always use this for .xyz files

It has, but not since XP, when it actually asked you for your installation media. Vista and later though, it just runs along the SxS store looking for obvious issues. But because everything's hardlinked now, it can't really do anything about a corrupt file - it's raison d'etre.

howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-broke-windows-10s-file-associations-with-a-botched-update/

In the meantime use this
ystr.github.io/types/

You forgot
>sfc /scannow

>updated today to 1809
>notifications panel broken
>notifications not showing on its panel
>chat help
>remote access
>Rajesh actually used DISM restore health and sfc scannow
>enable background Apps
>restart
It werks
The fuck he fixed it by mistake XD

Except at:

>Rajesh actually used DISM restore health
That would have been what did it. It's actually pretty good at unfucking Metro apps.