Roommate fucking my internet

My roommate streams movies for 6-14 hours every day on sketchy ass websites. Whenever he's on I lag like a bitch and can't really play games. How or can I fuck his internet individually? I have the default xfinity router.

Attached: fuckeric.jpg (217x232, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/MikroTik-RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC-Dual-Concurrent-802-11a-Ethernet/dp/B079SD8NVQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_deauthentication_attack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maybe talk to him, retard.

Tell him that his actors are sincerely bothering you.

beat his ass you fucking pussy and stop playing gayms

If your router has QoS features then you can prioritize your connection over his, allowing you to enjoy the full bandwidth while he becomes the lag master

I have on multiple occasions. He says he pays his portion and will do as he pleases.

I'm a computer retard. How would I check if I have Qos?

Maybe solve your human problem with discussion and human interaction rather than computers.

I'm about to bro his lil dick ass would sue me

Google exists
Or you can type ipconfig into cmd and post it here

like I'd trust y'all with my shit

Get your own connection with another isp. Let fuckface foot his own bill, would especially be great if cost is related to consumed bandwidth.

>playing video games

Child.

just blur out everything else fag

Stop playing games bucko.

how do you qos?
add adfilter while you're at it.

Like the other user said, check if your router has QOS. All you really need is to google your router's name and QOS. There's guides all over the internet.

Men have a refractory that you can put to your use. Wear some nice programming socks, put on your big girl panties. Make sure you are all shaved and smooth. Start by sucking him so passionately he gargles his eyeballs, a guy knows best after all. And then let him have a fancy with your boipucci. After a few rounds, when he lays there exhausted, he will want to get some sleep . Use that to your advantage to play Fortnite, faggot

What's your connection speed? Also are you connecting via wifi or ethernet (cable)? Might just be an issue with you both trying to use wifi at the same time and that's where connection issues are occuring. As others have said as well, check your router for possible QoS options (i.e. bandwidth limits on housemate).

i think ima go with this one

Attached: file.png (677x342, 64K)

If the other person is torrenting, QoS will be of little use since he's bombarded by incoming packets, not outcoming.

If you're talking download its like 65. My desktops on wired my laptops not. He only has a desktop. It starts to shit the bed as soon as he turns his russian streams on. I'll look into the QoS though thanks man.

Yeah your router does support QoS.

Login to your default gateway with admin creds and look mongoloid. most of that shit is local only, can't really do anything with it.

No he uses random iterations of fmovies 123movies etc. Just sketchy streams no torrents.

Say it's a 50/50 split of everything, including bandwidth which is a measurable amount.

I am a true computer idiot thats why I came on here to get flamed hoping for advice, I dont have any clue how to log on as admin i was right clicking all types of shit earlier to no avail.

Abolute state also i think he uses idm and no adblockers by the looks of it.
Just tell him to take it easy , if he doesn't listen then you too go full on download mode without limit and you both lag.

How do I look at how much bandwidth people are using? I have no problem confronting him. I just downloaded the xfinity xfi app is it on there?

Thanks but I think I'd rather suck some dick like was suggested before than make myself lag even more lol

Learn to search your problems you idiot then instead of making a useless thread about being a cuck. Solve them like a man.

thanks to yall that tried to help I gotta go to bed now though I'll look into QoS more after class tomorrow

to all you other lil dick fucks suck two dicks and die

cya :)

Beg him!
[spoiler]or split bandwidth dumby[/spoiler]

Attached: Screenshot_20181114-084928-1.jpg (1640x922, 108K)

>He says he pays his portion and will do as he pleases.
This is correct

And?

You really are a child. This reply was right.

>pays half
>takes all bandwith
nigger detected

Stop sharing, stupid.

>implying bandwidth is the issue
>implying OP is smart enough to realise he means his pings are cooked
>implying that’s my concern when you have your share of bandwidth due to all modern routers implementing some form of QOS
>implying he doesn’t just need to gitgud and fucking deal with it
>implying I didn’t used to pwn scrubs in German CSS servers on shit Aussie internet with over 300 ping

I guess you are on Windows, so try netcut.

in your ipconfig it should say the ip adresse of your router for most standart ip adresse is 192.168.0.1 and always ends with a .1
if you have found the adresse go in your browser and enter the ip adress in the url searchbar
next spet: look up your router brand and series and look in the internet for standart admin credientials
next step: login
is this enough spoonfeeding brainlet faggot

Nevermind guys, I fixed it.

Go into your router settings and set up QoS

Offer to install AdBlocking on his PC for both your benefits, everyone hates ads

If his portion is half you need to limit his maximum bandwidth usage to half. Even if you have a shitty 4mbps connection or something, he should still be able to watch in 360p and the remaining half would be enough for you to play vidya with decent ping. So the rest is up to you, configuring the router or whatever the fuck I don't know, it's your job to google that shit

Why my flatmate comes and my phone and laptop are connected to wifi, Wifi dies! What is going on? How to solve?

Attached: 0IYemoU.gif (329x302, 6K)

You know what I'm about to ask

What else is there to do?

Yes, I watch anime and rice gentoo instead. Very adult hobby.

Shut up virgin, normal people play video games. You're a freak for not playing video games.

You literally can't think of anything to do that's not vidya?

Even the QoS level in most consumer routers can fix these sorts of problems with a little setup. Learning about networking and QoS is also something to do that isn't a complete waste of your life.

Here's what I've done:
1. Buy a proper router. Can't really skip this if you want good performance. I've went with mikrotik hAP ac2
2. Divide your network into 2: one vlan for you, one for him.
3. Set up a second virtual wifi AP for the fucker
4. Set up QoS rules and prioritize your traffic
5. ???
6. profit fast internet

1. Set your routers firewall to redirect all connections from streamsite to 127.0.0.1
2. Faggot will just think the sites got shitcanned, use other, shadier sites.
3. Wait for him to get a virus, realize stream sites are bait, and just leech off somebody's netflix like normal.

nvm figured it out

child.

I'm not OP I'm someone who very much enjoys video games and sees no point in doing other things

Ok then, stop playing for a while then you fucking with him, by downloading shit you don't need. so he can feel what you felt.

>mikrotik hAP ac2
>$200+ router
for that money he could just get a better connection plan and pay for it all by himself for at least a year

Attached: 1527545035536.jpg (960x640, 23K)

split bandwidth in the router 50/50 for your and his devices

Block those sites then.

Well played.

Attached: laughing feneko.gif (651x481, 321K)

>amazon.com/MikroTik-RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC-Dual-Concurrent-802-11a-Ethernet/dp/B079SD8NVQ
$65 on amazon. mikrotik hEX is cheaper if you don't need the wi-fi.

The one you linked is the one I ended up on earlier, it says $219 for me.
Also even if it was $65
>$65 on a router
>when I could just keep the free one my ISP provided and use that money elsewhere
Nice try John Tully

Get a raspberry pi with WiFi and run a script 24/7 to just deauth him from wifi.
Problemsolved

Attached: image-35.png (700x539, 146K)

>it says $219 for me.
I'm sorry for your lack of freedom

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_deauthentication_attack

Attached: 94867b5852b3f9d3b23a35658bb2b4b2e6343f02.jpg (695x900, 131K)

>latvian company
>can only order this router from US
probably a shitty outdated one that's sent out to dumb ass murricans while we get better ones on our side of the globe
I'm sorry for your """""freedom"""""

Don't live with a roommate. Duh.

aireplay-ng -0 0 -a [router Mac] -c [client Mac] wlan0

This
Just get yourself a lan cable connected directly
And do MDK3 attacks on that fucker

Don't even need lan cable, if he's wifi lterally all you need is wifi yourself

How is it that /g goes for so many replies with dumb answers until someone finally suggests the best solution

beat the shit out of him