Encryption is bullshit. Change my mind

Encryption is bullshit. Change my mind.

Attached: Signal_Blue_Icon.png (1024x1024, 15K)

No, you're right.Encryption is just something the british made up to pretend that digital communications were safe.

Oh, hello. I see you glow a bit. What can I help you with officer?

Nah, I'd rather read your private messages

Post your social security number, email credentials, address, and bank account/routing numbers.

www.facebook.com
There you go, Zuck, let me know when your next court appearance is.

found the nigger

Encryption is good, but many apps with encryption are bullshit.
Your pic related is a honeypot.

You absolutely don't need to change your mind. It's good to have meat decoys generating plaintext noise on the Internet.

Wait for real? How do you know?

Attached: vuz7j1243kv11.jpg (720x960, 71K)

>if you have nothing the police or a prosecution can twist into incriminating evidence you have nothing to fear

He doesn't

b6583e4031087ba6058d35be87bdcff7

This is a message I encrypted using a cryptographically weak md5 function.

You can't figure out what the message is.

Hence, encryption works and is not bullshit.

Nice bait, hashes aren't encryption

Attached: v1yqhz5eg4y11.jpg (1122x2208, 87K)

Cryptographic hash can be easily seen as symmetric encryption with publicly known secret key.

Hash your grocery list then decrypt it when you get to the store

I guess you're right, it has to support decryption.

Fine then. Here is the same message encrypted using aes-256-cbc and an encryption password that I won't tell you.

U2FsdGVkX1+vKY7kxmtkgDGG1CRqyW4t8EUW3B6rkt+8R2vlOJxTYICJct05HSpW

You can't figure out what the message is, hence, encryption works and is not bullshit.

Just look into the company making it and who it's financiers are.
If you're not paying for it, you're the product.
It makes privacy-hostile design choices such as requiring to to register with a phone number and using cloud services of big data-hoarding companies for its infrastructure.
Signal is designed to keep the contents of your messages private, but leak enough metadata to have the sillicon valley - US intelligence spy-axis know exactly what you are up to.
And using signal means you're up to no good and become a target for closer inspection, because why else wouldn't you use normie-messengers like Whatsapp and FB Messenger? They literally use the same encryption.

Anyone with inside knowledge about aliens knows this.

It says he's a fag.
Guess it doesn't work as well as you think.

It does not say that.

Exactly. All encryption is easy to break.

needs a SIM card

Prove it

>All encryption is easy to break.
Okay then break it

Prove what? You didn't even write out the message that you supposedly were able to decrypt.

Pretty sure it says OP is a faggot

Another quality fucking thread

Attached: daemon tool.jpg (680x383, 28K)

Tell me your e-mail and password, name, SSN (or equivalent) and everything else you store online.

Yes, post it here. If you don't believe encryption works, stop using HTTPS everywhere and see what happens.

Had a good chuckle. Thanks user.