Where do I learn real hacker shit? Like what they present at Def Con. I have a masters in computer science...

Where do I learn real hacker shit? Like what they present at Def Con. I have a masters in computer science, but they never taught this stuff in school.

Attached: 1472509798-60b5bd3e747821a105a4242f6cca5cd0.jpg (500x319, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

challenges.re/
github.com/topics/ctf
vulnhub.com/
techspot.com/news/77056-linus-torvalds-returns-linux-project-after-time-off.html
github.com/torvalds/linux/commits/master
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install gentoo

>I have a masters in computer science, but they never taught this stuff in school.
lmao

step 1) take what they taught you in school
step 2) think about some 'real hacker shit' you want to do
step 3) use what they taught you in school and your brain to do what you want

That's not a bad idea, thanks

Master graduates like you make me realize time to time how much of a scam college is

What do you mean?

The only real answer you will get.

99% of actual "hacking" done these days is social engineering. I'm sure you'll see some of it in the Def Con videos but most of those methods shown in their talks are just hobby tier stuff that provides no real threat to the majority of the population. Although the one tid bit where the guy sent fake emails to people using a blog site about installing a new browser certificate was pretty savvy.

But if you want to study hacking in general, take a course in offensive security and penetration testing. Google OSCP certification.

Use spacemacs. Like honestly. Everyone that does real programming (hackers) uses emacs in some form. It's what Linus uses to maintain the kernel. Once you learn how to use a proper programmable editor your path will be laid out in front of you. No jokes.

Do some security certifications but apply the principles in reverse?

Do CTFs and learn programming

>t's what Linus uses to maintain the kernel
used

Yeah, linus got fired from maintaining linux by social justice warriors who don't even program

What was your thesis about?

How to be a worthless retard who dosent know how to use what he learned?

That's because hacking has nothing to do with what they teach in computer science. Most hacking doesn't involve computers at all anymore. Humans are more vulnerable than computers these days. With knowing just your name and phone number, a good hacker can call your cell phone provider and take over your account. A good hacker can walk into a large company and act like an employee. Security doesn't know every single employee and a good hacker can act good enough to get them to let them in.
This is what hacking is now for the most part. The only people you'll likely fool with a key logger or some malware is teenagers on torrent sites, and they offer no monetary value. Hacking is pretty much scamming now. That's why there's so many robo calls. Humans are more vulnerable and it's so much easier getting personal information out of them than hacking computers. Computer hacking does exist, but it involves getting information from humans first to crack anything. Brute force is too inefficient for computers these days. If you studied computer science, then you will know that the faster and more powerful computers become, the slower quadratic programs will take to run. And hacking by random brute force isn't very efficient. You need information, and you get that through humans. It would take centuries to brute force your neighbor's WiFi. But if you've been to their house and have seen them sign in, remembering a few characters and the length of the password, you could crack it fairly quickly. All of these corporate hacked news stories aren't just by some guy sitting on his ThinkPad who randomly cracked a code. It involved somebody within the company leaking information. Companies pay millions to penetration testers to test their security and one of the tests is interviewing the employees. The sub 70IQ lady that answers your phone calls is your biggest vulnerability. She could easily slip information to a hacker calling pretending to be somebody he's not.

I wanna get paid too where do I sign up?

Attached: The_Essential_Skills_to_Becoming_a_Master_Hacker_«_Null_Byte_-_2015-08-20_04.23.10.png (795x6526, 1011K)

hackers aren't real

>I have a masters in computer science, but school never taught me how to think on my own.

overthewire.org - for your internet based hacking and CTF type stuff
insecure.org/stf/smashstack.html - a nice detailed writeup on using shell code to execute arbitrary commands
challenges.re/ - reverse engineering challenges

Shell codes are art, the under 70 (if I remember well) are masterpieces.

Stop asking Jow Forums to tell you what to do
If you genuinely want to do it, you will find a way. Asking Jow Forums isn't a step in the right direction

I used root-me.org. Then different vulnerable vms: DVWA, metasploitable, stuff from vulnhub. Then start looking at bug bounties and stuff like that.

hey user what is the image? from what anime is?
thats not ghost in the sheel or yes?

First thing you need to do is get a wallpaper like pic related. Don't use this one though I've coded it with self-replicating defcon code which will turn your system into, heh heh heh, my bitch.

Second is you need a cool 1337 handle, like 1337_snipeR. That's mine though, you can find me (heh good luck I'm a black top hat spy hacker). You can find me on some underground communities such as Xbox Live. Don't try to steal my handle as it won't be the first time I've had to punish people irl.

This shhould be enough to get you started.

Attached: thumb-1920-77840.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

How did you get a master's in this shit?

Yeah they did teach you to do this you mongrel. All hacking is is taking the capabilities of the computer and exploiting some kind of weakness in a system or setup to gain unauthorized access.

That's Ishikawa from Ghost in the Shell

Attached: ishikawa.jpg (288x192, 12K)

>I have a masters in computer science, but they never taught this stuff in school.
You were never taught any general security or crypto? Dude I'm a Physics student and I'm gonna be taking modules in both of those during my masters.

Outside of the core requirements, I did almost entirely machine learning stuff.

Attached: gits-ishikawa.png (1200x649, 476K)

Oh hey another module I'm gonna take at masters.

Well alright, I feel weird giving advice to a masters graduate as a 2nd yr Physicist but, here's what I can gather:
-play ctf's, read writeups for harder ones like the recent Google ctf (the crypto challenges are really cool with some straight forward writeups)
-start watching Ippsec's videos and try hackthebox once you get an idea of how it works via the videos.
-try to take on the 'hacker' mindset. Keep an eye out for shit you could mess with, and how you'd do it. As an example, my university uses MSCHAPvs2 wifi authentication. I heard this was quite outdated somewhere, so I looked into it and discovered the chapcrack script, which I'm now currently trying (and admittedly not getting far) to read through the sources on github to understand how it works. Point being simple curiosities can lead down rabbit holes that teach you a bunch of stuff.
-reading intro books on pentesting is always a good idea too

Do hackthebox, watch ippsec's videos

ctf's are a good way to practice
github.com/topics/ctf
sites like vulnhub for pentesting challenges
vulnhub.com/

Shoulda taken security as an elective better luck next life

Just find out what textbook they use and read it and do the exercises, you’ll learn the same stuff

wrong. He's back. He's actually left due to pressure on him to be a little less like a prick and be a tad nicer.

source: techspot.com/news/77056-linus-torvalds-returns-linux-project-after-time-off.html

Plus he last made a commit 3 days ago. Jesus faggot. Keep up:
github.com/torvalds/linux/commits/master

>insecure.org/stf/smashstack.html
very cool and easy to understand (so far) even for a noob like me

Thats because you only get the diploma on college

The lack of masters degrees and PhDs is why software has vulnerabilities.

dude just learn how to code in common languages learn about computer vulnerabilities and get into cybersecurity

oh yeah forgot about learning how to do social engineering because the main vulnerability lies between the chair and the keyboard

I have low self esteem and I get anxiety whenever I read a thread like this. Because I'm nowhere close to being good at basic programming even. I want to kill myself.

You need to be 18 to post here

I am 20.

>That's because hacking has nothing to do with what they teach in computer science.

...stealing someones Password isnt hacking!

Attached: 1540927587537.jpg (609x676, 211K)

user was it on Tor or I2P? link pls

that's ishikawa my man

install gentoo

Well you'll need to understand networking. Study for the CCNA. It won't teach you 'hacking', but its stuff you need to know.

go watch so CTF writeups from Hack the box

Hey anone, your're not alone. I have anxiety too and paranoia and twisted toughts.

>implying csec students learn from their classes

>being a good little zogbot going to (((college)))
Anyone still going to reeducation camps willingly is an idiot.