I know I'm going to eat shit for this, but

The FX-8350 is faster than any Ryzen chip using the Zen architecture. What Ryzen is, is more STABLE. The FX-4300 is actually FASTER than the FX-8350.

The FX series of chips are actually so fast that they take a while to get up to speed, for an FX chip to get over 4GH actually requires a bit of lead time. So in that sense, if you're not running at full speed or using a demanding application, the Zen chips do throttle up faster, and are much more stable.

The only metric you should consider when you buy a CPU is the clockspeed, possibly the catch. The advertisements for smaller nano scale components are actually an abstraction, they aren't based on physical dimensions. Cutting out the north bridge and putting it on board the CPU doesn't make the computer faster, it simply reduces production costs.

I still love AMD, and applaud them for finally stepping up their marketing game to take on intel, but facts is facts.

Attached: amd.png (1200x1017, 58K)

inb4 rage

weak bait, but I giggled.

>The only metric you should consider when you buy a CPU is the clockspeed

You honestly couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

I listen and believe because facts are racist and sexist and sheeeitt

kys

>I know I'm going to eat shit for this
I'm pretty sure you've eaten shit before writing this, and this post is what you've thrown up

Another common misconception is regarding multi-threading. Four cores does not make your CPU four times faster, regardless of whether your program uses multi-threading or not. Most programs don't even use multi-threading.

Your process still uses all four cores regardless of whether or not your using multi-threading. The only time you experience a boost in efficiency is when you are running two separate processes in which happens to be faster to run them separately rather than at the same time. The processor still handles both processes sequentially, dividing its resources between the two threads.

I'm actually a little worried, because its been difficult to acquire AM3+ boards at online retailers. They ditched most of the old ones in favor of the new ones, probably to make way for DDR4 RAM.

DDR4, like Zen chips, only see a marginal increase in speed, for the same reason Zen chips do; they get up to speed faster. DDR4 has higher latency and memory timing, so despite the fact that its rated at a higher clock speed, its only marginally faster.

It is however, more stable and less prone to failure. This is important with the new operating systems like windows 10 because the new OS's have so much bloat and graphics overlay that it is important to throttle up faster due to the massive amount of memory it consumes. Also important is the fact that its more stable, as taking up more active memory introduces more opportunities for a system crash.

Windows 7 is also faster than Windows 10. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who has used both operating systems on similar hardware and had a chance to compare them.

To be clear, I'm not saying Zen chips are not an improvement, they are. There is generally a marginal improvement in speed due to the chip throttling up faster and not choking when trying to get up to speed quickly. There is a substantial improvement in stability and reliability. The new architecture will also reduce manufacturing costs which will passed down to consumers.

But in terms of raw speed, the FX series is faster.

If you know anything about automotives or race cars, its basically an acceleration vs. top speed issue. An FX processor has to have a certain number of instructions queued before it can even function at its maximum clockspeed, and most programs don't even finish loading by the time it does.

To put it another way, if you've ever played (the original) Mario Cart, FX is like Bowsers cart, while Zen chips are like Koopa's.

>Windows 7 is also faster than Windows 10
Depends on which version of 10 did you mean. There's a helluva lot of. Still, I prefer 8.1 Industry Pro: worst design, but best overall experience.

Went from [email protected] to 1700X.
I went from my virtual machines feeling sluggish, to having them be so responsive that I couldn't tell between native and virtualized performance.
100% Ryzen is faster.

Attached: 1528522380518.png (1080x1622, 1.81M)

>The only metric you should consider when you buy a CPU is the clockspeed
Cinebench R15 single thread benchmark scores
>FX-8370 @ 4.7ghz = 105
>1700 @ 3.6ghz = 145
>The FX-8350 is faster than any Ryzen chip using the Zen architecture
What did he mean by this?

whats your OS?

Who do you think sponsors benchmark tests? You wouldn't really trust a NASCAR sponsor to benchmark their own products, would you?

I have a Ryzen 5 2500u with Radeon 8, it throttled when I did some 10000 x 10000 matrix calculator with multi processing and random numbers between 0 ~ 99. Printing it all was fucking horrible to watch. Style transfer works splendid thanks to the APU.

But what I like about Ryzen is that it gave a decent computing experience in laptops at decent prices, intel still is still giving quad-core or even dual-core solutions at the same price.

But the fucking graphic drivers are a real pain in the ass when you don't know how to get them on Linux.

>can't be trusted
prove it.

not my job.

You made the outstanding claim

why yes, yes it is.

drivers are a clusterfuck.

the websites that host proprietary drivers for linux are always migrating. The companies that make them can't admit that developers need them, so they are always issuing takedown notices. At the same time they know they do, so they never follow through.

and you made another one. A refutation must be backed by evidence.

For instance, if I said, "The moon is made of green cheese," and you said, "If that were true you could smell it," that doesn't make it my responsibly to dismiss your claim.

What claim exactly did I make?

Attached: _20181114_173744.jpg (1077x473, 67K)

I have no idea what you are talking about or where your coming from
Emulation up to Xbox 360 runs great on my 8350.
PS3, Wii U, 3ds, and Switch are a lot more difficult for the
CPU and might be a reason for me to upgrade.
Doesn't change the fact that I've been using the 8350 since release, and was never disappointed with it.

Well, technically and literally it is faster, because the transistors are being switched at a faster rate. That the result is poor as fuck is a whole different matter.

>that doesn't make it my responsibly to dismiss your claim.
It's easy though, there's pretty much vaccuum between the Earth and the Moon, so there's no medium for the smell to be transferred to us.