How viable is elementary os if I'm a winfag that wants something that

How viable is elementary os if I'm a winfag that wants something that
>is stable
>doesn't look like ass
>works out of the box
>still has options for basic customization
>performs better than windows

Attached: desktop.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

Elementary OS is dogshit. Try out the live image and you'll that it's locked down shit made by macfags who want iOS on desktops. You should install Q4OS if you want a Windows replacement.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1366x768, 692K)

elementary os fills all of your criteria. Although, like all distros, it will lack features that most windows users will miss (adobe products, some games, etc...)

Install Mint with XFCE and chose the Mint-Y-Dark theme. You don't need gay babby distros.

>xfce

LIPSTICK ON A PIG

I don't want a windows replacement. I have a laptop I use for school (CS) but I literally have no reason to stay on windows so I'd like to switch to something else. I don't care about freetard shit.
How are VMs on linux? Some dude in my class uses a MBP and uses a VM for windows applications like SQL Management Studio. Apparently these days you can just create a shortcut to a program you have installed on your windows VM in your explorer on MacOS and it will just launch that application kind of like you'd run a native MacOS app instead of launching the full windows desktop. Can linux do this yet? I think the guy is using Parallels.

>I don't want a windows replacement. I have a laptop I use for school (CS) but I literally have no reason to stay on windows so I'd like to switch to something else. I don't care about freetard shit.
This reeks of retardation. Stay on Winshit, you fucking cripple.

Use Kubuntu or KDE neon

Wangtards are too stupid to do any research themselves, colour me surprised.

Running VMs on Linux is actually pretty nice and easy. There are some out of the box solutions like GNOME-boxes or virtualbox. If you want some server grade virtualization there is libvirt. Also docker runs natively on Linux.

Stay mad neckbeard. I'm willing to bet you've been unemployed for longer than a year or don't have a job in software at all.
Cool shit. Might make the switch if I have a couple days off. Will probably look into the other distros posted here too.

Elementary OS is made by the Chinese.

If that doesn't make your hair rise, then go for it.

Don't mind it. If windows is under surveillance by the gubmint then every linux distro is too.

You're thinking of Deepin.

I sure do love Elementary OS, or eOS how I like calling it!!

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 12.56.10 PM.jpg (2880x1800, 693K)

You mixed that up with Deepin

Elementary is made by Californian liberal cucks

Fag

Attached: i6431Dh8_400x400.jpg (169x169, 4K)

>s o y OS

>Stay mad neckbeard. I'm willing to bet you've been unemployed for longer than a year or don't have a job in software at all.
I actually do, and I gave you good advice. Use a locked down toy OS if you want. Not my problem. When you find that Elementary OS starts to get in your way, feel free to come crawling back to Q4OS, our Lord and Savior. The simple, clean, and efficient desktop environment and rock solid Debian base OS will welcome you in its warm embrace.

You may not like it but this is what peak desktop computing looks like.

Attached: q4os.png (1280x1024, 138K)

Can you please explain to me, why you think elementary is locked down?

>windows
>stable

If these are your requirements then elementaryOS fits them well.

Using it atm
Mostly for browsing + some other minor things
Works absolutely fine (and no Im not Linux cultist)
Didnt have any problems yet

Who are you quoting? I never said that. Windows is unstable as fuck.

linux mint is fairly easy for newfags who are just hopping from windoes and are trying to get into linux

i've been using elementary on my laptop for a while now and honestly, it has no advantages over ubuntu flavours since it uses apt anyway. if i were you i'd just install ubuntu.

I use elementary OS. It is currently very buggy (Juno is anyway) so I’m thinking of reverting back to Ubuntu Unity (what I used prior to discovering it)

End of the day advice: Just install something stable like mint if you want a windows copycat that doesn’t crash every three minutes.

>dock only scales to like two or three sizes
>looks like total shit when start using it
>interface wastes space
>can't find any theme settings
>store is garbage
>documentation is garbage
Boot the live image and find out more. Or boot the Q4OS live image and learn that it has everything you need and just works.

Elementary OS is shit. If you want MacOS experience, nice and easy - just install Xubuntu and download a theme (and a few other things). You'll even be able to change it when you'll get bored of it.

Attached: f943416fcb0d1e760e31c0df2d4d65ad1a57.jpg (1911x978, 372K)

if you look into the history of the devs
they want to lock the system down to only approved apps, themes etc
you can still customize it but its a lot of unneccessary work
havent used elementary for a while but it was decent but i always found myself wanting to use something else