>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1541662106239.jpg (3268x2488, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/M6gZHh
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8Nx8mq
tomshw.de/2018/11/14/der-todescocktail-fuer-nvidias-rtx-karten-ein-ganzer-mix-aus-verschiedenen-problemen-soll-verantwortlich-fuer-die-ausfaelle-sein-nvidia-rtx-graphics-cards-are-dying/
pcpartpicker.com/
smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073GY89G5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/MFRrLJ
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BWx8mq
pcpartpicker.com/list/TJvB9J
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I need to change my CPU because it fucking blew. Here are my specs. I am thinking the 2700x or the 8700k. I am not sure which desu.

Attached: specs.png (877x620, 41K)

depends do you like 400 fps fortnite or moar cores

>He did not delid dis
Do you want high framerates? If yes, Intel. If you don't give a shit and want to save your money, AMD.

How much would you pay for a used i7-4770(K)?

GTX 1060 6gb vs rx 580 8gb what should i buy?

At 1440p and 144hz, which is better?
Intel I guess?

Is your memory seriously running at 4400 MHz? Why on earth did you buy a locked 7700? Normally I'd recommend the 2700x but you're monitor will need high frequency to reach 165 Hz, so get a 8700k, a rockitcool delid tool, and some liquid metal. If you don't want to void your warranty you might get away with a 2700x and really tight timings. Make sure the motherboard you buy has your current memory kit on the qvl and is memory OC oriented.

Attached: 1506936233754.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

The cheaper one.

Intel indeed. But this time, don't forget to delid.

580, more vram

No more than $150 considering the lower IPC and scarcity of good motherboards.

>Is your memory seriously running at 4400 MHz?
What? 1200 Mhz x 2 = 2400 Mhz.

>Why on earth did you buy a locked 7700?
2nd hand CPU from my friend who went to buy a better CPU. No it wasn't ruined because of that. It was another entirely dumb reason.

>If you don't want to void your warranty you might get away with a 2700x and really tight timings. Make sure the motherboard you buy has your current memory kit on the qvl and is memory OC oriented.
Could you point me to a good combo? I am probably leaning towards the 2700x now.

580 is a bit better I'd get it even if it's a little more expensive

Bought pic related since it was on sale, and I've been having trouble keeping my PC cool.
I finally bought some case fans, and my Ryzen has gone from idling at ~60° at 4050MHz to idling at ~45° at 4250-4300 MHz. My 1080 ti has always run cool, even overclocked to 1730MHz and under heavy load.
That being said, my Ryzen still slowly gets hotter and hotter during operation, and while it doesn't go above ~80°, frankly that's still too damn high. What are some things I can do to keep my CPU cool? I've heard that watercooling is a meme. Should I flip my PSU upside-down? My PC is standing on carpet, so I'm afraid that would kill the airflow to my PSU. Once I get the cash, I intend on getting two more fans for the case. Is there anything else I can do?

Attached: pic1.jpg (600x500, 47K)

you asked a question about cooling and never mentioned what cpu cooler you have

Whoops I misread that. You're not necessarily making things easy then either. Just check the qvl of the motherboard you're interested in to find which memory kits and OC are supported.

Going with the 2700x and an x470 board saves you the trouble of cpu OC thanks to PBO but memory OC can be way more complicated. Thankfully the community has many useful guides and tools for telling you how to optimize DDR4 timings for Ryzen.

Make sure you get Samsung B-die, make sure you set your voltages (Vdimm, SA, VCCIO,) correctly, and check stability with Memtest.

Which motherboards are good memory OCs is one of the last things that any reviewers cover. I don't know anyone besides buildzoid that does it. In general I think only the ASUS ROG, Gigabyte Gaming K series, and ASrock OC Formula are the only lines I can think of that are memory OC oriented.

>580 is a bit better I'd get it even if it's a little more expensive
>more expensive
Where have you been the last 6 months?

Just got my s2417dg and it's rev05 when newest version is rev07. Can't test if colors are messed up because other parts havent arrived yet
Did I get chinked?

I assumed it went without saying.
I'm using the stock since i heard that it's actually quite good
That's the wraith prism spire

Seems complex. Can't i just OC my CPU and by 3200mhz RAM?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/M6gZHh
Anything horribly wrong with this? Just need it for gaymen, phhotoshop and some VM shit. Don't know fuck all about ram, is cl14 ram worth the premium? Just looking at a mild OC if anything.

It's good but not as good as water or a big tower cooler. If you want to run cooler that's a much better upgrade than case fans. 80 degrees is a perfectly fine cpu temperature though. They don't throttle until 90+

But where your GPU? What kind of monitor do you have?

I have an r9 380 that I will use for now and with what I'm playing I'm not worried about GPU performance too much.

Alright. I'd pick up a bigger SSD however, unless you want to rely on StoreMi.

>rely on StoreMi.
Nah fuck that. I've got a fuckload of SSDs lying around, just getting the m2 drive for OS. I've used 120gb as OS SSD for years so 240 will do just fine. Like I said I'm more worried about RAM if anything.

Can someone suggest a good CPU cooler under $50 that supports am4 socket out of the box?

I personally wouldn't spend an 100 extra on b-die, but I'm a gaymer. That said, if your VM or Photoshop works are hungry for it, then I'd spare no expense and even get more of it, like 2*8GB. Of course it's fucking expensive, but when you need it you buy it instead of double dipping.

I need someone to slap some sense into me
Been spending days looking for a good IPS panel that is actually sold in Europe, because I'm an idiot that needs color accuracy but also wants 144Hz and would like G-Sync.

Now, I know there's the holy trifecta of 1440p screens that gets mentioned in every thread, but they just don't exist here. Not one of them

So all I can find is the Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD IPS
The damn thing looks like overpriced gamur gear, but it's got 10-bit colors, almost imperceptible light bleed, an average DeltaE of 1.2, 73% Adobe and 107% RGB coverage, and also has 144Hz, 8ms black-to-white and G-Sync

Please tell me there's a better choice here. Am I missing some key metric?

I'd probably get a slightly bigger PSU however.

>The damn thing looks like overpriced gamur gear
>1440p 144Hz IPS G-Sync
What did you expect user?

Yeah the price difference between 3200mhz cl16 and 3200mhz cl14 is roughly 70 bongdollars, depending on benchmarks it almost seems worth it but I dont know. I want to set myself up nicely for the future so I'm worried cheaping out on ram will bite me in the future.

Noted, I'll probably go for 550-600. Not sure how the 450w got in there, seems low to me as well.

Welp I picked up 1070 G1 gaming for 200 bucks, is it good? also 1070ti here is 100$ more so maybe not worth it.

XB271HU user here see What do you wanna know, I am currently using it.

I-
I really don't know. I think I'm just angry that after all the semi-professional photo/graphical editing monitors I looked at this thing ended up beating most of them in both colors and price
And then also in responsiveness

I wish I knew. Any detail that wouldn't show up in reviews, mostly. I've read so many at this point I could almost build the thing myself. How's the backlight bleed in person? And any chance you've tested color accuracy on it, with actual calibration hardware? The numbers just sound too good on paper

>How's the backlight bleed in person?
I don't notice it at all. So maybe I got lucky?

>And any chance you've tested color accuracy on it, with actual calibration hardware?
Nope.

>My 1.4 vdrooping to 1.33 would overshoot to the same voltage spot as your 1.33 with higher LLC if they both had the same switching frequency.
So whats the point then?
Why sit at higher idle voltage that drops down to the needed load voltage but doesn't spike past it's idle voltage
VS
Staying at a low idel voltage, that stays the same under load that has a peak spike voltage, of the other systems idel voltage.

Any way pic related.
Going to do some more tests and be back in like an hour.

>Seems like it's not using PBO or XFR2
Based on what exactly?
>so I've no clue why your voltage is so high.
That's what the CPU set it'self at stock.
>If it were, the max boost for a 2600 is 3900Mhz
Yeah and as I remember it hits that in like 1-2 cores, but it's been a long time since I ran it stock, so not 100% sure.
>so that'd be around 1.1-1.2 volts. Never 1.3. Do you still have a multiplier set? Manually setting a voltage also stops CPU scaling.
No everything was on auto and stock.
If you really want I can reset everything to stock and run the shit again and give you recent numbers.

Attached: llc shittery.jpg (2102x710, 182K)

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8Nx8mq

Will be used for video editing and games.
Want no more than 2000cad and cheaper is better
Pc isnt for me, is for friend.
He agreed that ryzen would be good cause muh upgrade path.
Really wants to have a 1080ti to btfo everyone.

They dont sell 8gb cl 14 kits ig, and the extra 100 just for bdie is prob not worth

Looking to replace my Corsair h100i cooler which is finally reaching the end of its lifespan (median temps have increased by about 15°C since last time I tested it. Is there anything I should be looking for? Liquid cooling worked pretty well but there wasn't much difference in temps compared to air coolers I've used in the past.

Intel BTFO.

Attached: 1532588044271.gif (500x491, 376K)

>Warning: These parts have potential issues/incompatibilities

>Some incompatibilities
Well unless you have a 1st gen Ryzen to update the BIOS, there's a chance he won't boot with it, and your cooler requires a mount. You should read that shit, it's in red, bold and big letters m8.

>Video Edition
>4GB RAM
Are you fucking kidding me?
>535W PSU when pcpartpicker expects 417W
Just get a 650W PSU m8.

>Cheap keyboard
>Cheap mouse
Remove that and bring his gay ass to a store so he can test a few.

Also, what kind of monitor will he be using?

What are some 500W power supplies that have a 0 db/0 RPM fan mode or are ultra quiet? My current power supply makes a loud rattling noise from the fan.

Attached: feet.jpg (867x1235, 167K)

based

>My current power supply makes a loud rattling noise from the fan
It's most likely because it's dying and not because it's not "silent".

cringe and bluepilled

okay so answer my question

>i9-9980XE is worse at overclocking than the i9-7980XE because you can't easily delid it
The meme is real.

>underclocking and pretending it's a performance improvement
cringe

Even still, your CPU is the weaker part of that system currently. You need to replace the CPU as well to handle an RX580 or 1060.

How the fuck does a CPU die? Did it get too hot?
That's still under warranty, isn't it ???

That said, yeah I'd get a 2700X, or even just a 2600X is better than what you had. RMA the 7700 and sell it after the new one comes back.

I can't tell if the problem is that AMD owns most of the good soldering patents, or if Intel just intentionally made their solder super shitty to limit overclocking.

>or if Intel just intentionally made their solder super shitty to limit overclocking
It would be the most retarded thing to do considering it's one of the only categories where they have an advantage over AMD. Either they're just that cheap and would skimp on quality soldering job (old chips used to just break when you attempted a delid on them due to how tightly they were soldered), or they're that grossly incompetent. I'd like to use Occam's Razor, but honestly both options seem valid to me so I dunno. Regardless of AMD holding some good patents or not 2bh.

>How the fuck does a CPU die? Did it get too hot?
It involves an unfortunate case of liquid damage. Sadly.

when you say it fucking blew, you mean your cpu fried or your rig went to shit? i say that because if it's only your cpu, get an unlocked 7700 and call it a day. either 8700k and 2700x are going to feel like a sidegrade more than anything, and you at least avoid spending dosh on other stuff

replace the fan

>Memory issues
>Cold solder points
>Bending, Die, Reference Cooler
>RMA Rate
>However, I would still have a small request to the colleagues at the end. It is actually only fair and collegial to adopt information and thought processes, conclusions or speculations in such a way that the source is also apparent. The re-enactment of tests or interpretations of what has been read is not forbidden but expressly desired, but it should be fair. And one should, if one still interprets things in addition oneself, also make this difference recognizable. Thank you.
tomshw.de/2018/11/14/der-todescocktail-fuer-nvidias-rtx-karten-ein-ganzer-mix-aus-verschiedenen-problemen-soll-verantwortlich-fuer-die-ausfaelle-sein-nvidia-rtx-graphics-cards-are-dying/

Attached: 1478019630858.jpg (782x782, 71K)

How long do I have to wait to get a

Attached: 1380735943011.jpg (1097x550, 139K)

My friend is advising me againts Ryzen since he experiences crashes and stutters on his 1800X. What do?

My build is
>rtx 2080 ti
>i5 7400
>250gb ssd
>2t hdd
>16 gigs of ram
Naturally I only play 1080p super ultrawide and I only use my ssd for games since I have no issue waiting the time to boot from hdd. Also I do t believe in using over 1080p on my PC since my xbox one x plays 4k
But I want to upgrade to the i9 9900k, not gonna over clock it since I dont care for it, anyone got benchmarks for it?

Tl;dr got any i9 9900k benchmarks and I just want people to be mad at my use of technology

Where do I ask for laptop recommendations?

Navi or sales.

are we getting a new socket or chipset when Zen 2 finally hits or are they sticking with X470

Here's some additional testing on that.
So the question remains, why would I use 1.3625 with more Vdroop, if I could use 1.35V with less Vdroop and get the same stability at a lower voltage.

Attached: CPU OC COMP.jpg (1712x3012, 1.25M)

Is an 80mm fan worth it for an exhaust fan? My Antec P50 supports 2 of them for exhaust (1 for CPU side and another for HDD side). It's for a low end games/movies box so noise should be minimal. Would a low noise resistor work or just get s PWM fan and set it to never go above a certain RPM work?

Attached: 51fGsG0dQ1L.jpg (407x500, 40K)

Never buy NZXT, my S340 Elite came with a defective headphone jack.

The part they sent me had the same defect, and they refused until I harassed them for weeks to send another(I had video evidence of the defect too)

Their response was don't expect another part after this and they're PERSONALLY TESTING THIS ONE.

I'm going back to Corsair cases.

Yo, what the fuck happened? My desktop is ten years old so I'm in the market to building a full tower now. But I can barely find any cases with an optical drive and SD card reader bay. Am I officially a boomer now?

>AOC Q3279VWFD8 31,5"
>1440p 32" 75hz IPS for 200€
for once I actually bought something that the reviews all said was great and it turns to be true

>Yo, what the fuck happened?
OS .iso sizes have exploded, so USB is more practical than CD/DVD to install Windows. All games are essentially dematerialized, and even if they were physical you'd have to DL updates anyway.

>But I can barely find any cases with an optical drive and SD card reader bay
Fractal Define R5. The R6 has "only" one removable 5.25" bay. There's also the Define Mini version, mATX case with two drive bays. You can also use the parametric filter on the website below and look for them.
>pcpartpicker.com/

>Am I officially a boomer now?
Yes.

Thanks, kid.

Any good one. I'm using smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073GY89G5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't worry, I know how it feels. Need that drive bay for my music, but even music has gone mostly demat'. I just like to possess the item.

Sounds dumb at first thought, but they don't want people killing the chips with too high of OCs. They WANT them to thermally throttle with too much voltage.
Ryzen has SenseMi so people don't burn them out, without having to thermally limit so they can still be soldered well and run cool.

Not really. Just positive pressure and let it escape out there normally.

You sure it wasn't the motherboard?

Grats.
Looks nice and like a good price.
Bit big of a bezel and shame it's not 4ms, though. But not everyone cares about that.

You can get an SD card reader for 5.25" which also converts the remaining space to fit a slim optical drive. Go that route. Your case options for 2 5.25" bays is rightfully shitty.

The problem is an extremely tight fit and will not register any connected device.

Like 10+ pounds of pressure required to insert the headphones.

Posted old link by accident
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/MFRrLJ

Changed psu tho

>4gb
It was 8gb abd will prob upgrade later. Im thinking of 1x8 rather than 2x4 for more room for future upgrades

He has a 1080p ips rn but wants a 4k. just out of budget for now

I had a 144hz TN panel for a month and I can't tell the difference of input lag between my old 5ms, this (I think it's 4ms) and the 1ms TN.

I have an ASRock x470 gaming k4 and there's more RAM voltage and timing options than there are CPU choices.

>Im thinking of 1x8
NO. Never. Always dual-channel. Pick that 2*8GB. Don't skimp on this user, I don't care he doesn't see the point, he will regret this.

>MSI B430
>X processor
No because no voltage offset. A damn shame, they make good boards.

60hz 4k I'm assuming.
Are you sure?

There should be better cooler options, as well. That one is hardly better than stock, and only by creating more noise.

A motherboard which supports voltage offset is generally recommended for the X CPUs unless you're just going to run at stock. But for 4k... guess running anything better than stock doesn't matter.

And no, get dual channel.

Yeah, apparently a lot of these 5ms IPS with adaptive overdrive have really minimal ghosting. I'd still really shoot for 4ms, though, but not all 5ms is equal as it's a pretty bullshit measurement.

>I am thinking the 2700x or the 8700k.
>his pc blew and he is still considering inlel
you deserve this suffering

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BWx8mq

Fucking with the voltage is scary user, but ill be brave just for you
Prob but we dont know yet.

recommend me some good cases for a budget NAS build

>preferably mini ITX, looking for something small to sit next to my router
>at least five 3.5in trays
>hotswapping possible/easy to remove hard drives.
>expansion slots in case i want to get an external SAS enclosure later
>dedicated 2.5in mounting position(s) for my SSD(s) so I can do SSD caching if I need too
>good airflow over the HDDs because they will get really toasty

I was looking at the Lian Li q25b but I am really not fond of the way the PSU mounts in the case, It's right over the fucking mobo HSF which doesn't look very good at all.

Attached: file.png (924x612, 861K)

Rec a fella a decent headset?

Attached: 1539476237997.png (441x603, 1.02M)

pcpartpicker.com/list/TJvB9J
there you go, add a sata/sas card of your liking if you want to go past 4 drives, replace the included fans with good static pressure fans and you're done.
The Asrock J4105 isn't available in PCPP yet so I added it as custom part, the cpu/mobo/cooler is all included in that one unit.

Based fell for the Vega meme buyers. We won.

M40x?

I like the Lian Li q25b
Get an SFX PSU and ATX TO SFX adapter if you want some better air flow. But a NAS should be really low power and not much of an issue.
Also make sure PSU has enough SATA power.

Attached: first real RTX on results.png (500x1170, 85K)

Lmao i always knew vega was a good buy. Only retards pretended its bad.

114° Celsius on the Motherboard? Dude, shut it down NOW!

>PSU has enough SATA power.
wait what

do you mean like connectors? can't you just get one of those cables with multiple connections?

Also I was planning on using some kind of backplane to cutdown on cables'

any other suggestions? the case is cool but I'm not too sure about the construction and the backplane that comes with it looks cheap

at 1440p there's almost no difference
invest the money you save into a better gpu

Could anyone recommend me some good case fans for my define r5 and a decent air CPU cooler for my Ryzen 2600? This is my first build where I intend to overclock. They're the only parts left to get for my build.

>same fps as a 1070Ti
>1070Ti is $50 cheaper
What did he mean by this?

useless for my 144hz monitor, I see

Upgrade GTX 1050Ti now or wait for 7nm GPUs?

>Money is not a problem
Noctua 120-140mm.
>Money is a problem
Arctic 120mm 5 pack.

>1070ti is cheaper than vega 56
Now this is some text book cope.

can't think of other cases that offer all. Hotswap, lots of drives and mITX? Don't think there's much choice. You can go bigger and have some choice or you can drop the amout of drives.

>cheapest 1070ti $355
>cheapest vega 56 $420
The award to the most retarded amdrone of the day goes to you

Was expecting replys on this. Did the guys who I was talking to, fuck off?

Do you guys do laptop suggestions or should I ask /sqt/?

Vega prices did jump the past week. A lot of us got Vega for the $320-$385 range. A lot got ~$100 of game keys included with as well.

Also Vega56 is much better, so who cares that it costs very slightly more? Freesync Support. Relive > Shadowplay. Actually lets you properly tweak voltage. Dual/triple BIOS. Better drivers. Well worth a few bucks more.
Almost every AAA release the past year has been favoring Vega (or it's just that Vega launch drivers were shit and they're better now) in addition to all those extra benefits Vega has.

I was honestly a bit pessimistic that Vega would "fine wine" as much as GCN 1 and Polaris, but it's been good.

You can get Vega64 for $400 at least up until earlier today you could. I'm sure Vega will be on sale again for Black Friday. Doesn't change the fact that historical low Vega prices were better than 1070Ti and 1080 prices. And really, Vega competes more with the RTX 2070 than Pascal as it has proper HDR support.

Where do you live that the 1050Ti is actually decent value?

Arctic for 120mm if money matters.
Noctua if it doesn't.
For 140mm value, I'm not sure.. Corsair ML140 or whatever? There is also some smaller brand with some ugly ass traslucent green 140mm fans which works well.

What is your board and CPU? Not sure I can really help much with manual OC.
But fucking with voltage (not offset) and LLC and such will disable PBO/XFR2 afaik.

I'm a noob and wondering what the picture is showing exactly? A caseless computer? Just the internals? What is significant about these 3 pics put together?

Attached: 1542075504651.jpg (240x218, 15K)

Noctua or Be Quiet, which brand on average makes superior CPU coolers? Across the board, across form factors and price points.

The picture is showing a confused spurdo

>What is your board and CPU?
CPU: 2600 ryzen
board: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC