Sudo apt remove wine-staging

>sudo apt remove wine-staging
>shitty package manager removes a dozen OS-vital packages like wayland
>can't boot into GUI anymore
Who designed this shit and thought it's okay?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 32K)

Attached: 1529391500117.png (500x680, 146K)

OP didn't mention auto remove though

Eh, close enough. It still prompts you for confirmation before removing packages.

There's no other way to remove wine, I tried piping find -name *wine* into rm -rf. it removed everything, but the retarded operating system still thought I had wine installed.
Fuck this, this is what happens when you don't have a Program Files folder and a registry.

/usr/bin

Linux is one big revolving meme.

holy shit
this is the exact same thing that happened to me
there has to be something wrong with wine-staging

i had to reinstall

good, that's what you get for using wine.

thanks, i'll stay on my hackintosh

You just can't tell that the issue is with apt?
Portage doesn't do this.

So how does portage work, can I just do portage install keepassxc or some shit?

Slackware doesn't have this problem.

manjaro doesn't have this problem
i use manjaro btw

You run emerge -ajvt keepassxc

(ajvt = ask, jobs, verbose, tree-ordered dependencies)
Then you look at all the dependencies you're going to get, and the USE flags for the packages, and see if you want to change anything.
Keepassxc has the use flags
USE="-autotype -browser -debug -network -test -yubikey"

for me. So if you want to enable support for browsers or anything else, you'll cancel emerge and run
echo "app-admin/keepassxc browser yubikey" >> /etc/portage/package.use/keepassxc

Then run your emerge command again and see if it's how you'd like it, and let it build your package.
The thing is that the packages are built from source against the actual dependencies (libraries, other applications, such) that you actually have installed (and built from source).

mpd still pulls wayland in as a dependency, doesn't it?

Wow that is way too much htrouble

Apt is the worst package manager I've used, it also decided to delete half the system along with some package and then got stuck in dependency hell it couldn't solve. Even fucking portage that has to manage use flags on top of normal dependencies never had such problems.

The fact that the phrase "dependency hell" can be uttered in 2018 is ridiculous, but here we are with a package manager that still is unable to recursively solve what packages it needs.

This. Slackware represent.
Apt is fucking dogshit. Literally the worst package manager in existence.

Attached: neofetch.png (489x348, 18K)

Yikes, into the trash it goes.

So, which distro
- has a comprehensive set of available packages so that you don't constantly encounter software that isn't available
- updates the packages frequently
- has a good package manager

Unironicly Manjaro, BUT it caries the unreliability of Arch with it.
There really is no distro out there that checks all the following boxes. Most get 2, some get 3, but none get all 4.
>has a comprehensive set of available packages
>updates the packages frequently
>has a good package manager
>Is STABLE

>mpd still pulls wayland in as a dependency, doesn't it?
yeah
i use manjaro btw

Debian is literally stable.

If you manage to fuck up a Debian installation, that's on you.

>fell for the linux meme

All Linux distros are unacceptable except:

Alpine
Devuan
Gentoo
Slackware

Plus OpenBSD from the other side of *NIXland.

LINUX IS THE FUTURE

I kind of agree. I'm using Arch for several years. No catastrophic failures yet, but several annoyances, like lightdm not working anymore etc. I'm using Nixos on another PC for some months now. The unstable branch is reasonable up-to-date and if something breaks you can easily role back. Also configuration from a single file is nice (+all those nix language shenanigans)

THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

Attached: 1453609282147.jpg (536x652, 42K)

wat distro?

> 2018
> Still using apt.
apt is clearly the fucking worst package manager.

>uses apt
>surprised its fucked

>try to use debian like it's windows
>it doesn't work
>this is debians fault!

Attached: sensible chuckle.gif (250x250, 992K)

I once removed VLC from Kubuntu and it removed all of KDE along with it

Not OP, but it is Debian fault. You can remove the unneeded dependencies on Arch with pacman without killing the OS.

with what package manager?

>You can remove the unneeded dependencies on Arch with pacman without killing the OS.
You can on debian too, just use `apt-get autoremove`. It removes any orphaned dependencies that are NOT dependencies of packages still installed.

If you are a retard who just starts rm -rf'ing around the filesystem then of course you're going to break shit. Trained monkeys can learn how to use debian but it seems OP falls below that level.

Attached: oh my fuck.png (500x256, 28K)

Kubuntu 18.10, just removed vlc, autoremoved the unused dependencies, rebooted back into KDE. apt-get just werks for me
this, I think people ITT are misattributing problems caused by other software to apt

Use boot-repair from grub faggot.

fuck that shit nigger ill just use Windows

retard

Apple Mac OS X Mojave doesn't have this problem.

based and redpilled

>rm -rf
No wonder your system broke you fucking idiot. all you had to do was apt autoremove wine. You're too retarded for linux just go back to windows.