Is the at2020 the best microphone for the money?

Is the at2020 the best microphone for the money?

Attached: 8141LnNft+L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp76qV9R1Fg
amazon.com/Behringer-UMC204HD-BEHRINGER/dp/B00QHURLCW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

better than a Yeti

XLR one is great. Picks up on any background noise though. So you better be recording in a quite environment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jp76qV9R1Fg

I want one, I'm using a 20 year old xlr mic
what's a good interface for xlr to usb? I got the phantom power part down so that's actually not a requirement for what I'm looking for.
I'm just looking for something that'll get rid of the background noise.

>quite environment.

Attached: The_Quite_Environment.jpg (495x371, 27K)

Focusrite Scarlett Series gets the job done. Pick according to your connectivity needs (2i2, 4i4 etc.). Alternatively a Steinberg UR22 MK2 would also be an option.

BM 800
Highest quality to cost ratio. Shits like $10.

AT 2020 probably a better mic though, never heard it in person

Focusrite is pretty good. For a good cheap 1 channel interface, I had a Behringer um2 for two years now and it is all I've ever needed.

AT2020 also needs a pop filter. Pretty much mandatory.

the behringer um2 might be what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find something similar with an xlr instead of
feel free to call me out my stupidity because I feel like I'm missing something completely here

ah wait, I'm fucking retarded
that is an xlr plug, I'm not going to bother deleting my post
thanks I know what to get now

I'm not sure I'm following you here.

Yeah looks weird because it can take a 1/4" plug as well as an XLR

amazon.com/Behringer-UMC204HD-BEHRINGER/dp/B00QHURLCW

my post is missing words because I'm tired as shit thanks to bloodloss due to an incident

I have to wonder though.. this this the same as when you guys recommended audio technicas over beats by dre?

Or when you recommended DTxxx over beats?

because beats were OBJECTIVELY better sounding than those audiphile pedal'd tinny crap..

I wonder if this is the same. I bet the Yeti is absolutely fine.

Behringers have good input (I'm using it with modmic in a loud office) and decent line out but don't ever try the headphones out on them - the pot is scratchy, impedance is way too high, the noise is unbearable on all volume levels except the central potentiometer position where it's "merely" very audible.

acceptable and overpriced, I'd rather spend less money on something that's above acceptable, might just be me though.

It's a troll. Yeti is shit accross the board and the AT2020 has it beat for a little more many in every respect. Youtube comparison videos will show you this as well.

""" steinberg""" has a better dac and preamp iirc. Also something about better channels

steinberg is a germanic name though, the jews took it fit more in, not even kidding

>the jews took it fit more in
You mean germanic jews? I know its german but steinberg itself is just yamaha anyway

If you're looking for a nice mic for voip or just casual streaming sure.
But otherwise you're going to want to get better if it's something you're going to be passionate about

Like what? that mic seems absolutely fine for speaking

probably not brilliant if you're a singer or whatever

Like I said, if it's something your passionate about or if you're going to make a living off of recording your voice, buy nice or buy twice

Like what? I'd like to know what microphone you'd recommend

is it better than the zoom h2n?

/csg/

I have one since 2011, it's very good.

Stop blaming others for your shit taste.. I'm gonna forget your beats comment (which is real fucking worrying) and say that personal preference is always a factor with sound. DTxxx are definitely not cans for everyone.. most really.