It's happening again

zdnet.com/article/researchers-discover-seven-new-meltdown-and-spectre-attacks/
RISC-V when?

Attached: spectre-meltdown-text.png (1280x853, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY
youtu.be/osSMJRyxG0k
github.com/immunant/selfrando
networkworld.com/article/3321036/data-center/gpus-are-vulnerable-to-side-channel-attacks.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm already at the point where I am treating all of my systems as single-user. If you have access, you have root. Are these all still local exploits?

AMD sucks

Is this the end Intel bros?

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Just disable HT. You don't need those extra threads anyway, goy. Just look at the single core performance!

Every single CPU on the market has multiple hardware level backdoors,
why is anyone surprised at this?

Comrade. But were are proofs?

Some guy at last year's Defcon used a CPU vulnerability to identify hidden X86 instructions. He found the same hidden instructions on both Intel and AMD CPUs.

Is the PS3's Cell vulnerable to these? Might install Linux on my cfw PS3 if this keeps up.

Uhhhh

How is this compatible with any kind of internet use?

>all these bluepilled faggots not realizing that all these backdoors are for intelligence agencies

Unless you're a pedo, a terrorist, a criminal or a fag wanting shoot up some place you're irrelevant

Security in the age of the internet is nothing short but a lie

Doesn't the PS3 only have 256MB RAM? How is that usable in anyway in 2018?

>hostile entity reverse engineers tech and gains access to backdoor
>no one is safe

Good game.

Attached: north-korea-wannacry-cyberattack.jpg (900x534, 71K)

This, really interesting watch
youtube.com/watch?v=_eSAF_qT_FY

Amazing. Imagine being smart as this guy

>New vulnerabilities
What does it mean for Intel?

a few anti-Semitism lawsuits at most

>tfw don't even have to worry about this nonsense

Attached: BD495i_1.png (700x600, 87K)

>He found the same hidden instructions on both Intel and AMD CPUs.
Don't forget that VIA cpus including the new ones have been found to run undocumented code.

>CTRL+F "AMD"
>4 results
>CTRL+F "INTEL"
>14 results

Attached: 1539084715869.jpg (748x900, 138K)

not him, but I have a couple of computers for different purposes

Just like how someone has a work computer and a personal computer. My "Work computer" has internet access and I don't do anything illegal or store anything embarassing on it.

my "personal computer" does not have internet access and has extra counter meassures like epoxy-glued ram sticks and usb ports etc.

>Don't forget that VIA cpus including the new ones have been found to run undocumented code.
It is documented.

>tfw you don't have to worry about this because you bought Ryzen

Attached: maga ryzen pepe.png (554x400, 305K)

All access should be ring 0 and computers should never be networked.

>not using SPARC
lmao

what do you keep on the personal then wouldn’t that be the one you’d use for email too??

everyday has been the end since Ryzen. I just want the pain to stop!

Serious question:
Why do you fanboy for a brand? Why not just buy what works best for you be done with it?

Yeah mate why fucking worry, just keep browsing http for a bit while Ivan here git clones the PoC

Netspectre isn't local

you can retrofit more on there

>does not work in 64bit mode
What's the fucking point?

>deprecated hardware has security flaws
Who the fuck knew?

>security flaws
You mean intentionally broken security.

Or buying a house. You know how many people suddenly get calls and emails with urgent new instructions for wiring the down payment on their new house? I wouldn't be surprised if all real estate agencies are compromised.

Flaws can be intentional.

No, it is a feature.

It's an ironic post user

>epoxy-glued ram sticks and usb ports etc
pics or it didn't happen

>blaming CPU manufacturers for doing things in microcode for performance since we're reaching the limits of perf gains from actual silicon-level improvements.

RISC-V would most likely have had these vulnerabilities present if the spec had speculative execution.

domas actually wrote a fuzzer to identify the instructions. the methodology was actually really cool since enumerating instructions isn't very straightforward given that they're variable-length on x86. the backdoors he found were in some non-consumer (not intel/amd) CPUs.

????

ryzen was affected as well.

>>blaming CPU manufacturers for doing things in microcode for performance since we're reaching the limits of perf gains from actual silicon-level improvements.
Yes. I will blame them for doing this. They should not compromise security for performance gains. Our performance is just fine. App devs just need to stop being niggerlicious and using electron and such.

No, it's post-ironic

Attached: 1538996804261.jpg (441x329, 41K)

Go look at those threads of 250 posts of people yelling about AMD shills and intel jews.
I doubt they're all ironic.

I made that post. It was ironic.

Yeah, but that can easily be mitigated with Mandatory and Bottom-up ASLR, which WILL be enabled if you actually used Windows 10 1709 and newer. Otherwise, legacy applications without ASLR support will not have their memory scrambled unless you deploy EMET.

How exactly does kim jon un access the internet?
Does best korea have internet?
When were the lines ran?

Is it ironic because you run AMD or because you run Intel and have no intention of switching anytime soon?
Curious for research purposes.

Attached: blacked.png (614x540, 588K)

>Is it ironic because you run AMD
This. I cannot wait for Intel to get what they deserve.

My hatred can be explained in this video.
youtu.be/osSMJRyxG0k

I agree but I don't really think that it was conscious decision to compromise security. The risks were known but not proven. Speculative execution should have simply been a feature reserved for trusted computing only until otherwise verified.

Seriously? How? Can the system even recognize it?

Based opinion.

Attached: WilliamAdama[1].jpg (250x333, 65K)

Speculative execution was not known to be any kind of security threat until meltdown/spectre first hit

China

Based and team redpilled

/AMD FX/ gang report in

Attached: IMG_1526.jpg (3000x2000, 658K)

ASLR is reaching it's limits though. There's still ways around it, has become more a defense in depth thing. Seen these folks shilling function level mem randomisation, never actually used it.

github.com/immunant/selfrando

Attached: selfrando-vs-aslr.png (750x563, 87K)

fucking this

for what purpose?

|
|>
|
|

Meltdown and Spectre now coming to a GPU near you!

networkworld.com/article/3321036/data-center/gpus-are-vulnerable-to-side-channel-attacks.html

By a few minor vulnerabilities that nobody will bother exploiting becuase most sheep bought Intel.

Attached: 1541821182335.jpg (797x800, 316K)

>Is this the end Intel bros?
More like THE ENDtel

Attached: 1535503622749.jpg (210x240, 10K)

>EMET
EMET is EOL, big boi!

>ASLR
It's good enough for what it does. Mem leaks and better coding standards are far more important.

Topkek

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO What will we do Intel bro's??

Plagued with problems. How long will it last?

Attached: intel-5g.png (468x209, 23K)

I'd guess for competent /fucko/ protection against cold boot attacks and thus pretty much all LEAs