>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: Sawada.Tsunayoshi.full.662871.jpg (600x872, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cxZ844fa
asrock.com/MB/Intel/H55MUSB3/index.asp#Download
nand2tetris.org)
openwrt.org/
aliexpress.com/item/SHANLING-M0-ES9218P-32bit-384kHz-Bluetooth-AptX-LDAC-DSD-MP3-FALC-Portable-Music-Player-Hi-Res/32866437936.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is viper4android tryna steal my n00dz

Attached: Screenshot_20181114-172812_Google_Play_Store.png (1080x2160, 1.34M)

I'm reading linux-from-scratch and it says to do it you need an existing linux distro. that seems like it defeats the purpose. how can i build a linux system without installing a distro first?

Buying ssd for my thinkpad, probably will get Kingston SUV500 480G, and I want to encrypt the drive, it has "AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) and TCG Opal 2.0", is that a meme and should I just do the usual FDE with LUKS and stuff? If I do go down the LUKS road, would it affect the performance/life of the drive enough to be noticed? My threat model is the police so I don't want to use something that is backdoored that they can access.

Thanks.

user, if you don't have an existing system, where is the compiler supposed to be? How would you be able to compile a kernel, coreutils, binutils, bash, etc?
Those binaries don't just materialize out of thin air.

>following a methodology while directly ignoring the procedure involved.
Why not just get through the book?

i'm running windows

and you guys do know that there was a time which their was no such thing as linux distros right

Finally bought myself an SSD. Am I gonna have to reinstall Win10 and all my programs or is there a better way to do this?

Planning to move completely away from Windows on my next desktop build. I know Steam has that thing they're doing now where they support nearly all of their games through some WINE-based compatibility thing, and for what I have on GOG, I can just run through WINE itself.

So on a desktop, my main questions are:
-How big should my boot, swap, and root partitions be?
-Is my Steam/WINE combo idea actually viable or advisable?
-Am I retarded for wanting to do this?

microsoft didnt exist either and we were using unix,bell,solaris and minix.

is there a decent alternative to online access to my home media crap without needing a paid app to have unlimited access? was looking at bubbleupnp and while it does let me access stuff to download, it has a stream limit of 30min which is annoying. plex is only free if you use a webbrowser to get to stuff, app has 1min limit lol. i have stuff currently in universal media server but it doesn't have any online access stuff built into it. nice for local network though.

Do I need to install drivers for my motherboard? I replaced my HDD and installed windows and it seems to run just fine.

Back then they probably compiled Linux from a proprietary UNIX system like SunOS or maybe classic BSD. The GNU userland also existed back then, regardless.

>plex is only free if you use a webbrowser to get to stuff, app has 1min limit lol.
Uh what?
I use it on my xbox one with no restrictions.

Found my states liquor store product data as a big ass pdf file. Kinda want to dump it into a database so I can search it. First step would be to dump all the text into a more machine readable format. What's a good way to do this?

dd if=/dev/olddrive of=/dev/newdrive
Of course this will shit the bed if the new drive is smaller than your c drive max capacity

It's long.
pastebin.com/cxZ844fa

i learned python basics what do now

Boot I think needs to be like a specific 200MB or 320 or something. Make swap the same size or a little bigger than your ram. I think ubuntu has a page file like Windows now so you don't need a swap partition. Root only needs like 10 GB since steam can store games on any partition.

Steam proton only works well on some games, others will still need Windows. Check out one of the compatibility spreadsheets to see what games you have that won't work.

Maybe. If you're keeping your old desktop, just set up linux on that and put Windows on the new system where games will benefit from the newer hardware. Best of both worlds

Make a reasonably useful project. Push to github. Link to project on job apps. Get a job. Stop wasting your life on Jow Forums so you can be free

thank you user.

You need to be more specific. What version of windows have you installed?

hey guys

how can i put linux on the empty part? I'm trying but it's hard and for some reasons windows won't continue the instal from BIOS

Attached: thisisametafilenameplzloveme.png (1366x768, 200K)

also how can i undo making the partition

Best pre built desktops?
My brother needs one and he won't be bothered to build one. In the US.

Attached: 1480313700590.jpg (1280x847, 260K)

Okay Jow Forumsays, recommend me a proxy.

I've got a 4690k and its capping out at 4ghz in stuff like Battlefield 1, 100% utilisation. I'm looking to upgrade it, but just wondering, say I get a Ryzen 5 2600, would it actually be faster at 4ghz than my 4690k in games, or would it be the same due to the same clock speed?

To be honest, any reading material on CPU's so I can understand this shit would be nice.

win7 and this thing
asrock.com/MB/Intel/H55MUSB3/index.asp#Download
I'm confused by all the options. Can I just download stuff and install it like normal? Do I need to update the BIOS?
pic is what I had on my old HDD. Are these all I need?

Attached: 1.jpg (233x68, 12K)

How do I back up a WP site in its entirety if I have ftp and backend access?

Macrium reflect.

Best android tablet alternative to expensive brands?

Best surface pro alternatives?

Attached: 1539100476228.png (265x280, 123K)

fucking hell tsunanon are you posting all these threads from now on?

Attached: 8c1fa1b1-075e-45c1-9808-35429afe7b25.gif (540x304, 1.88M)

Why does Windows update so fucking much compared to other OSs?
Is it just because a lot of people use it so they constantly have to patch vulnerabilities?
Why is it that Apple can get away with updating its OS every couple months?

if i learn C will it make "easier" programming languages come more naturally?

Mi Pad 4

Attached: item_XL_38882004_151561929.jpg (600x469, 49K)

start with python.
python is like pseudo code

windows update
>reserve space for update
>remove old files
>download new files
>send statistics to Microsoft
>update telemetry services
>etc

google "Best pre built desktops?"

because people are stupid

Can I buy from weidian with a western card? Will 51nb ship internationally?

yeah, it feels like it. i've been experimenting with C# for a while and I feel very comfortable with it now, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to ease into lower level programming and doing more advanced stuff.

Question about LUKS encryption.
Should I wipe the drive and encrypt, let's say, sdb
Or should I wipe the drive, create a partition and encrypt sdb1?
I am playing around with this and the first method works but I see guides doing the second one.

Going to community college (is very cheap, grant money more than covers tuition) soon and I am trying to decide between 2 associates courses. Associate in IT web design and development and Associate in computer programming & databases. 90% of the classes between the two are the same except web dev learns javascript and style sheets, and programming and database learns oracle/visualbasic/ms server. I want to freelance web development or some other remote work job. Which of those two differences would benefit me more? Does the name of a degree matter at all?

Attached: 1539950358664.jpg (286x429, 28K)

Buying ssd for my laptop. I'd like to do a clean windows installation but at the same time don't want to spend all that time installing my programs and porting my settings. Is there a way to just copy everything?

Are there any updated anti-miner browser addons for firefox?

Macrium reflect. But if you never clean installed the laptop after buying it, I'd do that now. You don't want the bullshit they come with.

Still ublock. Although if you don't mind tweaking shit there's also the Web Workers setting in umatrix.

I just bought a virtual phone number from Skype. I'm going to hold on to it at least until the end of the billing period, but I would prefer something open source. Is there a service that allows me to buy a virtual landline phone number and doesn't use a proprietary protocol?

Attached: 1435386392920.jpg (777x644, 125K)

I sometimes notice a performance difference between windowed and not windowed in games, with windowed running worse. Why is that?

>If you choose to restart later, we'll update the computer automatically when you're not using it.
HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ALLOWED?
AND HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN IT OFF?

AUTOMATIC UPDATES: TURNED OFF
CONNECTION SET AS METERED: CHECK
STILL SOMEHOW UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY: YUP

DO THESE SETTINGS EVEN DO ANYTHING OR AM I JUST PRESSING PLACEBO SWITCHES? I'M LOSING SO MUCH UNSAVED WORK PLEASE HELP.

Attached: angry crying wojack.png (633x758, 29K)

did you try manually saving your work and updating at a time that works decently for you instead of waiting for the auto thing to kick in

>should i take classes in web development or databases?
>i want to do web development
sounds like you answered your own question user

unironically just install ganoo slash leenux. You can still dual-boot to win10. Kubuntu is super comfy

why won't you switch to linux? Is there some windows-specific software you depend on?

did you configure group policy to only download updates, when you actually press the button to download them from settings?

Isn't visual basic and server stuff used in webdev too though?

Anything bigger?

Thank you. Would you happen to know how Macrium handles partitions? My current drive has a system partition for the OS and one for files and what not. The number one reason I'm upgrading to an ssd is because I don't have any space left in the OS partition so the last thing I want is for Macrium to create a similar sized partition in the ssd.

Mi Pad 4 Plus

oh u

Attached: 1535167615111.png (681x747, 644K)

Fuck no. Learn Python first (composingprograms.com). Do not learn C until you're taking a Computer Architecture/Organization class (this one nand2tetris.org)

What is a good script/addon for Firefox that
>hyperlinks a youtube (or most other video sites) link
>shows the title instead of the URL
>plays in a little popout player

Attached: Buggy D Clown.jpg (728x784, 432K)

Why won't some phones let me use them until I insert a sim card? Looking for a serious answer.

cowabunga

How would I mute the video stream on twitch.tv through javascript, or where would I look to figure it out?

I want to write a simple userscript that mutes the audio and hides the video while an advertisement is playing (that detection part is easy, since they create a little "this is an ad" label in the corner of the video)

For those familiar with the 2nd c programming book, I'm wondering how the getchar( ) works without it being assigned a value at the program's start in the first chapter 1.5 the first counting program

no memeing, you do realize that you can use a live dvd, on a usb drive, of a linux distribution of your choice to install linux-from-scratch, right?

just use livestreamer

C is a perfectly good first language and complements Python very well. You only have to understand the idea of a random access machine to be competent. Comp arch is nice but unnecessary if you're not writing your own interrupt handlers.

If you don't know shit about programming, learning almost any language will make others easier.

Probably programed to only function with a proof of purchase

I've been phished I'm pretty sure. I keep receiving obviously scam emails, which ordinarily I would ignore, except for one thing: in the subject bar they keep putting information like one of my Passwords and one of my Usernames. The really annoying thing is, I have no idea which site it's for? I have a few different passwords, but I don't have a different password for every single website.

Is there a way to find out where I have been compromised? I can't think of anywhere that still uses that exact Username and Password combination off the top of my head (but there must be somewhere, this faggot didn't just guess both)

Attached: 1535866254735.png (526x452, 262K)

I had 8GB RAM (2x4GB), just bought another 16GB (2x8GB). Previously I had pretty much all of the 8GB usable to Windows. Now, it tells me that only 16/24GB is usable. I've tried re-seating the RAM/swapping slots, but that hasn't changed anything.

What else can I do to try and diagnose/fix this problem?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1387x1002, 339K)

where to get the stock android x86 image?
and does it matter what x86 hardware to install it on?
i keep hearing about it but can't find any direct access. everything is some version of it (RemixOS, BlueStacks, etc...)

i just want to throw it on an old pc (should be easy since android is a version of linux, right?).

Attached: intel android.png (940x540, 157K)

check haveibeenpwned.com
also change your damn passwords (use a password manager like keepassXC)

Is it bad that I only come to these threads for the pictures of little boys?

Attached: 1540561934840.jpg (600x529, 27K)

I can get a crucial mx500 for $66 is it a good deal?

what are the reasons one would use a router that isn't the one your isp gave you? is it the norm to change it with one i buy myself?

Need help. I have a Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop I'd like to factory reset and sell. Windows 7. Haven't used it in so long forgot the admin password. Wont let me factory reset without admin name and password. What do g?

Probably to use something FOSS and that you can fully control. Usually running something like OpenWRT.
openwrt.org/
I'm sure someone who's done it can tell you other more specific advantages.
no, not at all

the phone app when accessing your plex server away from home. it has a pretty big restriction on it unless you buy the app or get a subscription. sucks, rather not buy anything

um... i got the MX500 1TB for $260 about a year ago.
now they are about $150
but 2 months ago i started getting BSOD in win-10... the page file area is fucked

often ISPs charge some ridiculous monthly "rental fee" that will eventually amount to many times the price of buying a router outright

>haveibeenpwned.com
This only shows me where it wasn't my fault. Although it is annoying to see where it was other peoples fault.

I'm not 100% sure it was my fault though.
>change your passwords
I have like 5-6 user. I don't use 1 across all of my accounts, but yes, I will get stronger passwords.

The one I'm talking about is only 500GB. But BSOD? God dammit son! Why are you scaring me like that? I need a new drive and money is tight.

lol who cares that my disposable email is on tons of websites?

i'm just a layman so i'll look into the rent scam, thanks

>lol who cares that my disposable email is on tons of websites?
What?

>unix,bell
Legit.
>solaris
You mean SunOS, and no, SunOS was first released in 1982. M$ has existed since 1975.
>minix
Was 1987.

What are the chances a new iPod will be released soon? Will Applel phase it out and just encourage customers to use their smartphones?

I need a new PMP, and my girlfriend is offering to buy me one for Christmas. Has to be large storage, and has to run video. I want the least wireless functionality possible, so no used phones. My iPod classic is dying and I don't really want to spend anything to repair it, so I'm considering iPod Touch. It'll run smooth and with VLC I can put anything on it.

Basically should I tell her to wait, or just get the current model? Or, even better, what other good-quality high-storage PMP's can I consider that aren't Apple?

Attached: ipod-touch-product-initial-2015?wid=1200&hei=630&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_usm=0.5,0.5& (1200x630, 172K)

What distro works best under WSL at the moment? Yeah yeah,
>WSL

Check what rockbox supports and just use what ever is most recent with your specs

If I can only afford a 2070 and I have a 980 ti should I do it?

Only if you plan on using 4k

Is MS Toolkit still around? If not, what should I use in its place?

I just got a microphone and it has no "boost" option. Is there a way boost the microphone someway so other programs can recognize my voice?

The microphone works perfectly fine for chrome voice recognition, but using it for built-in default windows speech recognition is an issue. I have to have the mic right next to my mouth for it to hear what I say. Since its a desk microphone, that's an issue.

Sweet thanks

> wanting an apple ipod in 2018
> has to run video.
> I want the least wireless functionality

re-evaluate your situation user cause its fucking retarded

just get her a shanling m0 and 256gb card and expect some quality dick riding in return

also you could of got one for fuck all on the 11.11 sale you tard
......aliexpress.com/item/SHANLING-M0-ES9218P-32bit-384kHz-Bluetooth-AptX-LDAC-DSD-MP3-FALC-Portable-Music-Player-Hi-Res/32866437936.html

Attached: m0_gif.gif (1000x562, 268K)

How do I configure openvpn client on a linux server to not disable the regular network interface? I want to make a connection to a VPN, but everything to still behave as it doesn't exist. Then programs that can specify an interface to use could use it too

I've evaluated my situation plenty. The PMP must run video, and that stopgap alone limits my options. Short of shelling out the money to refurbish my current iPod or just buying a Zune instead, what else can I even get?

>barely half-filling a 1366x768 screen is "long"
Looks like a failed installer. Delete it, updatesettings.dbf, %SystemRoot%\System32\ServiceInstaller.msi, and use Autoruns to remove the call to the script.

Has a lot to do with your hard disk being GPT. Burn a disc or USB, and start your Linux installer from that.

They'll be about the same for single core performance (but of course, the Ryzen will curbstomp it in multicore) - that i7 of yours still has a lot of go in it for gayming. I'd check that there isn't something else wrong with the machine, instead of just trying to throw MOAR POWR at it.

Because it has a huge number of safeties to prevent what happens in other OSs, namely pull the plug, and the OS destroys itself unrecoverably.

Being the paranoid faggot I am, I'd prefer to encrypt whole drives rather than just individual partitions.

Because it's taking time to draw the other windows, duh. When full screen, it doesn't have to.

>HOW THE FUCK IS THIS ALLOWED?
When you clicked "I accept" on the EULA.
>AND HOW THE FUCK DO I TURN IT OFF?
By using your brain.
>AUTOMATIC UPDATES: TURNED OFF
Doubtful.
>CONNECTION SET AS METERED: CHECK
Almost certainly untrue.
>STILL SOMEHOW UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY: YUP
Because you're an idiot.

Still Ubuntu, to my knowledge.

Yes. See MDL.

Srsly? The "boost" option has always been a function of the sound driver, not the mic (for shit-tier passive consumer mics that are 99.99% of the market). Try upgrading your sound driver.

I would have thought what you're asking would be the default. Weird.

Cheap cellphone (that doesn't need a SIM card to work), perhaps?

>Still Ubuntu, to my knowledge.
Yeah, that makes sense now that I think about it. It's only natural since Microsoft worked with Canonical to make WSL a thing in the first place.

>I'M LOSING SO MUCH UNSAVED WORK PLEASE HELP.
Save more often, you flagrant fragrant faggot .

Nice digits. In 's defense, some of those lewd loli scraper scripts take forever to run.