Does Jow Forums use credit cards?

Does Jow Forums use credit cards?
Growing up my mom constantly told me to sign up for credit cards (which I would always get rejected for despite not being in debt?). Meanwhile my based and redpilled dad doesn't believe in credit cards, never owned one and never will.
And now here I am at 28 years old, no credit at all.

Attached: credit-card-ownership-statistics.jpg (300x160, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card#Secured_credit_cards
youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The whole credit system is weird. I defaulted on $10,000 in credit card debt two years ago and still have a credit score around 600. That's not a good score but shouldn't someone who just stopped paying on ten grand have a lower score? Just what the fuck do people with scores in the 400s do to get way down there?

I think it's free money if you're poor and don't plan to pay it all back. I'm talking about the guy making 15k a year and living in a trailer park. If you think you'll never make enough money to own a home you've got nothing to lose. Only middle class people lose the credit game. The poor win it. Bankruptcy can't affect someone who never plans to own a home.

Never had one, never will. I have a debit card, but I strive to pay for most things in cash. You will be a lot more thoughtful and conservative in your purchases when you see bills leaving your wallet, plastic is too painless.

How do I pay for online stuff without credit cards, debit cards, or crypto coins? Not everything has gift cards

That's the point. If you make only 15k a year and need things you could never afford you use credit. It's for buying things way above your budget if the boss pays you too low.

How do you not have any credit at 28? Rent, utilities, etc. all count towards your credit score. Are you still living with mom?

No matter how ((())) credit cards may be, they are useful even for low-income people.

The first reason is normalizing your expenses. Instead of draining your bank account with every purchase, you pay one bill every month. This is useful if you have irregular income, e.g. work in gigs or part-time by the hour. Of course you have to pay in full and avoid spending the money you need to pay the bill.

The second is rewards. Even the basic cash back cards can net you $25 per month which makes a difference if you aren't earning much. Specialized cards earn more, I get about $60 back each month.

>That's not a good score but shouldn't someone who just stopped paying on ten grand have a lower score? Just what the fuck do people with scores in the 400s do to get way down there?

Defaulting on just one account is not going to affect your score much if you are current on many others, even if it's $10,000. Again rent, utilities, basically anything where you pay after services are rendered affects your credit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card#Secured_credit_cards

I play the 'churning' game. Sign up for a credit card that gives you $500 bucks (or airline miles worth much more) but has an annual fee, then cancel it after a year and pocket the money. Adds up quick if you're OK with investing the time in it.

If you don't like credit cards you can usually do this by opening checking accounts too.

I'd always pay rent in cash and after food, put the rest in savings.

I'll stop using credit when we get a $15 minimum wage. Until then I'll use it.

this jew guy told me that him and his whole family do not have credit cards and never have, always pay with cash (get shit cheaper) and never let financing take a cent from you. as you can guess they are rich as fuck and it just shows, jews use credit to control us

I use one that gives me 2% cash back. I pay it off every month and pay not interest. I basically buy everything at 98% of it's original cost.

I pay everything upfront in cash

Says the guy who has never been poor. It's easy for you middle class people to tell the guy making 15k in a trailer park to pull himself by the bootstraps and live miserable to save for a minor amount that will be wiped away in an emergency.

Been doing this since I was 18 and I’ve never once had to pay any interest. It really is this fucking simple

I only have two items on my credit report: the default on ten grand, which is being reported each month, and a foreclosure from two years ago. Zero other accounts, good or bad. Now that I'm working I wrote the credit card company to try to make a deal for payment but they've ignored me other than doing a soft pull. Don't they want their money? They still own the debt. It's a strange system.
Credit cards don't work on Mars.

I know. I do not get it. Have a little self control and there is no problem.

It's not if your expenses are above your income level. If you make 15k but have 20k expenses.

Self control doesn't work for people making below 20k a year. Sometimes your income isn't enough to live on.

Yeah, I don't know why Jow Forums started giving me that flag. I use a VPN, but it's a US IP address. Is Hiro trying to discourage VPN use?

I guess I could switch to a meme flag but those are pretty gay.

If you have a credit card and you make the payments on time you get free air miles so yes,you should own a credit card and be responsible with it,its free money.

eh his dad saved up money working in a textile factory and bought some old shitty apartments and restored them himself to save money, got tenants like nigs and beans and made money through cash only rent and got rich that way. jews are crafty, and using your weak ass excuses is probably why you’re poor as fuck and saying hurrrr durrrrr they’re already rich so that’s why the system is rigged durrrrrr. i followed his heeb-assed advice and it has really helped me save a lot of money and i will be a rich old boomer one day while you’re being a fag

I wish I could get a credit card or loan for anything but paying for everything in cash my entire life kinda screwed me

I'm not cautious with credit cards because I know I can file bankruptcy and wipe the debt clean. I have several cards. I'm cautious about student loans to the point of never having them because you can't file bankruptcy on them. What financial mentality is this called?

i use one to pay for everything i would usually pay for (bills, groceries, gas, etc) and pay it off every month
jew the jews out of the rewards points by paying for things i would have already paid for
done it for years and have never paid a cent in interest on it, and they've paid me at least $1000

standard american

I had to get one to build a bit of a credit score up to get a loan to by land
But its all paid off and I cut it up, never plan to have one ever

>I play the 'churning' game. Sign up for a credit card that gives you $500 bucks (or airline miles worth much more) but has an annual fee, then cancel it after a year and pocket the money. Adds up quick if you're OK with investing the time in it.

This puts a hard ceiling on your credit score for average length of time accounts are open.

If you're spending more than you make you're in for a world of hurt whether you have credit or not.

>bu-bu-but I don't make enough money

That doesn't change reality. When people pull your credit history they don't add points because you were buying shit you thought you needed.

>free money meme

You need to keep in mind that the places where you use your credit card are paying interchange fees. The card companies aren't paying you for your sake, they're doing it to incentivize you to keep making money for them.

Ideally you would only use credit cards at globohomo corporations and not mom and pop shops. I carry around an AmEx for this purpose, would prefer not to give McCorps my business, but when I do I make sure they pay extra for it. Meanwhile local businesses get cash. You live by the jew, you die by the jew.

this also has the benefit of never using your debit card
if someone frauds your debit card, that's your money they stole, and the bank isn't likely to go after it with much vigor, so your money is in their hands
but if they fraud your credit card, that's the banks money, and you're not responsible for it

Your dad was probably born before 1975. His era was different.

I agree, I have no idea what arcane algorithm calculates the scores but every new card I open I get a limit of over $10k even though I'm a NEET.

If you're American and you live in anywhere but a few states you're guaranteed paying more for your car insurance.

This seems like bullshit until you realize that it's a proxy for fresh-off-the-boat immigrants that can't drive and get in lots of accidents.

its a rigged game for sure. However if you are good with money you can make them work for you. I buy EVERYTHING on my card, and pay it off at the end of the month. Doing this gets you bonus points which I use for travel or can trade them in for cash. Its better than just cash because it gives you something. You have to be diligent with paying your card every month because it can pile up fast.

Yes, because I'm not a poorfag or child.

Your credit history is no big deal with bankruptcy and it's better to spend above your income than not have things you need. I'm black pilled. If your income is below 20k I your 30s you will never be a home owner that needs strong credit and face it trailer parks don't care.

>taking out credit to buy groceries
Ah, I see you've been well trained goyim.

>Get a credit card that gives you points.
>Don't spend more than you make
>Pay off the balance every month
>Convert points to money
PROFIT

nope. debit card or cash only. if i can't afford it i save for it.

>This puts a hard ceiling on your credit score for average length of time accounts are open.

So? I opened like a dozen credit cards in June 2015-June 2016 and in Nov 2016 I was able to get a mortgage with a rate of 3.375%. Past a certain point your absolute score doesn't matter a whole lot.

I agree with trying to keep it cash-only for mom and pop places, though, that's a good habit to have.

Never buy anything you don't have the cash to pay it off.
Primarily use credit cards, get 1.5% -5% cash back.

If it's to discourage VPN use, it does the opposite. The little green men flag is coveted by many.

>Growing up my mom constantly told me to sign up for credit cards
Same here. t. 48 yr old boomer
You only need credit for three (?) things in life.
College, house, and education (?). The rest is the usury jew. Build yourself a 6 month life expense "fuck you" fund. You have freedom, as you only owe yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=xdfeXqHFmPI

I never had one

Let me guess you're middle class right? Middle class people bitch about how unaffordable it is to live the lecture people making below 20k a year to pull themselves by the bootstraps.

Get a credit card with no annual fee and a high reward (like X% cash back). Use it for absolutely everything, spend only money you have and pay it off before your grace period. Your credit rating will skyrocket and you will make some money from your regular spending.

If you're bad with budgeting and you have no self control, then don't even bother.

Get a credit card and buy one small item. Pay it off immediately. Never buy with credit something you could not pay cash for (except maybe a car).

t. user w/ 840 credit score

One credit card company tried to get me to transfer my student loans onto my credit card. I refused since the interest was higher but if I had, it would have been dischargeable in bankruptcy as it would then be credit card debt. This was about twenty years ago so maybe they don't do that type of thing anymore but at the time it crossed my mind.

Student loans are worse than credit because you can't file bankruptcy on them. You're stuck with loans for life. For home loans you're stuck with a big mortgage the next crash.

Credit for other reasons is easier to walk away from if you can't pay it off. I get every credit card knowing bankruptcy can wipe it all clean.

Why though? What's the purpose? A few pats on the head from your Jewish overlords?

You should have done it. The loan company was doing you a favor.

I just wondered who my mentality is common in and what it's called.

I'm cautious about home loans and student loans because those can have lifelong consequences.

No caution at all on credit cards because you can get free money and walk away from the consequences.

>Student loans are worse than credit because you can't file bankruptcy on them.
Correct. One has to ask themselves if edu debt is worth it. I network engineer for a living, on an 8th grade education.
>home loans you're stuck with a big mortgage
MGTOW here. Men don't need much space. A post WWII small house is plenty. Do projects in the garage. Numales need extra to peacock thots to validate their thirst.

You will get loans at a smaller interest rate when you buy bigger things like a car or a house which can save you thousands later on. Don't listen to me though, save your money and pay cash for everything.

I always pay on time, and my credit limit is below $2000. I almost never use it and always pay the full amount. Do you make a lot of purchases with your NEETbux? Do you pay in full or just pay the minimum amount? I suspect credit card companies like people who make lots of purchases especially when they're also paying interest.

>moved to International/Random

lmao not like any country but america even uses credit cards

If you pay minimums, use multiple cards, and file bankruptcy you end up paying less than you borrowed and outsmart the system. Not everyone can afford to pay in full. If I could afford it I wouldn't use credit to begin with.

OP here, I got warned for making this thread :(

>8th grade education.
>MGTOW here.

Hmmm

nope. i'm a registered carer for my disabled sister and i live on income support and carers allowance from the government which is £64.60 a week. i get this topped up by income support so my total income is about £105 a week or £15 per day which is less than $20 a day.

move this to Jow Forums or something you filthy fucking mods

Attached: 1505342793503.png (640x592, 192K)

>If you pay minimums, use multiple cards, and file bankruptcy you end up paying less than you borrowed and outsmart the system.
t. cryptokiken

just get a debit one, retard

>just get a debit one
IVAN get's it.

Hey dude. My dad is an Alpha boomer and he only uses credit if he knows that he can pay off the entire balance before the grace period. That is what I do too. For something larger like a car, try to pay it off early.

>Alpha boomer and he only uses credit if he knows that he can pay off the entire balance before the grace period
So, just how is a 6 month fuck you fund so elusive in his hindbrain?