Will windows ever die?

Will windows ever die?

I fucken hate it so much.

Linux Mint is such a pleasure to use, but it doesn't have games/solidworks--otherwise I would toss the shit out of my winfuck machine.

Attached: bsod-windows-8-0x5c-hal-initialization-failed-56a6f9d85f9b58b7d0e5cc3e.png (768x576, 5K)

>Will windows ever die?
Nope, Most people don't care enough or know enough to get upset about an operating system.

There is no objective reason to hate Windows 10.

Fact: you can't name a single thing that is wrong with Windows 10 without sounding like a complete autist

keylogger

Linux is becoming more corporate and eventually bloated and windows like.

Prompts you to opt out of all telemetry when you first install Windows 10

It has built in spyware, adware, universal microsft/NSA backdoor, shuts down your computer for an hour for forced updates, sometime deletes all your files, has irremovable bloatware, no customizablity, no public source code, shitty CLI(WSL lacks basic features like accessing USBs and accepting ssh connections) and it's really fucking slow.
You're mentally retarded if you think that does anything.

>without sounding like a complete autist

>forced shutdowns, random crashes and vulnerable documents are minor issues

>screaming not just like an autist, but a crazy fucking tin-foil hatter
>B-b-but why do they ignore me? Why why WHY?!

>forced shutdowns,
Done to death. I have no doubt there are links in the /sqt/.
>random crashes
Stop using that dumpster-dived Bentium 4, poorfag.
>and vulnerable documents
This doesn't have enough context - but if it did, it would be shot to fucking pieces in seconds, too.

Shill--how much does microsoft pay you?

Not as responsive as 7 or 8.1 on older hardware

Nigga, software isn't optimized to run on all hardware. Install fucking XP then.

You sound like a complete autist.

Windows runs sub-optimally on all hardware, it's just that modern hardware is strong enough to run an OS even it's complete garbage.

loos do it for free

unstoppable updates

tventy rupee per post sir

Attached: macroshat.jpg (718x381, 69K)

Windows 10 is not an operating system though. It's an advertising platform that pretends to be an OS.

Nigga, there's this thing called gnu+Linux which is optimized on shitty old laptops to supercomputing clusters. If freetards can do it, why can't a richest company do it?

>there is no objective reason blah blah wintard shit
Network discovery in a domain network is broken. And the only way to fix it is by enabling SMB1.0 ._.

Also, its so fucking hard to fix any sort of windows issue, because of vague errors.
>User profile system failed to sign in
Yeah I wish you told me why, so I could actually fix it.

Attached: 1535632538007.png (200x193, 30K)

t. gnutard

Attached: 1540369028155.png (700x700, 35K)

ITT: Rampant Winfag and Gnutard autism

Lmao at how everyone rushed to prove you right

Until Linux desktop environments come even close to competing with Windows or MacOS in market share and value, the death of either mainstream OS would be a detriment to further UX improvements in any desktop OS.

Mint wouldn't be anywhere near what it is today without copying the mainstream competition. Like it or not M$ and AAPL have way more money going into design and research. Competition is good for the consumer

Attached: h36d69ksac311.jpg (778x736, 69K)

Yeah, sure, someday.

Test

Incorrect. It has a full and basic option. Basic still collects telemetry. Nice try Rajesh.

You know 99% of the telemetry is "How often do users use this feature" "What settings are most commonly changed from default" and "How long does it take a user to do this task", right? They don't give a shit about your lolicon incest rape doujins.

I don't want them knowing when I open what program or file. And I should have the right to not let them know that.

install Enterprise and choose "Security" for your telemetry level then. Let's be honest nobody on Jow Forums is going to pay for Windows, not even the hardcore Winfags.

I hit win+alt by accident a few days ago. it used to have the nice display of all running programs to tab through... it now has every file I've opened in the past month

it's almost like Windows keeps a list of recently opened programs and files, like other operating systems.

sorry I forgot to mention the text at the bottom that reminds me that if I sign into the cloud I can save history for longer than a month

okay yikes that part is mildly concerning

You can however disable this feature. It's under Settings > Privacy > Timeline

>desktop environments
Deleting those entirely would an improvement. The last thing linux needs is to copy Windows and Macs GUI garbage.