/spg/ - Smartphone General: Tape up your cams edition

Camera Hole Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: image.jpg (336x198, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/a15qh7/my_first_full_charge_with_a_brand_new_xz3_no/
youtube.com/watch?v=qNAlQ786cmM
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p6.php
forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/help/lcd-panel-bleeding-light-chin-t3838641
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Note 6 is newer, and has better components inside (save the CPU being the same, it’s internals are better, I.e. faster WiFi, better cooling, etc).

However, 6GB of ram is much more future proof than 4GB; and so would 128GB of storage since there would be less reads/writes per part of the storage.

for only 1.1k$

How big of a problem is screen burn in for AMOLED screens? Should I be using adaptive brightness? Or just get an IPS phone and be done with?

I was thinking of getting a OnePlus 6 but the prospect of permanently gimped brightness scares me.

Where my Sony Chads at?

Attached: 1524049977533.jpg (1500x1000, 147K)

I'm a Sony fanboy but their phones are really bad, considering the options available. Poco alone blows away the XZ/XZP/XZ1 and the S9+/Note 9 makes the XZ2/XZ3 useless. Their cameras are horrible, absolutely JUSTed beyond repair. It's best to grab a Poco and load up the camera app from Pixel 3, unless you can easily afford the Samsung phones.

Was the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 worth the hype?

I have 6T and I'm not worried about it.
You can minimize the risk of burn-in by keeping brightness at moderate levels, which is okay because max brightness burns my eyeballs.
Don't keep static images for prolonged periods of time, like GPS navigation while driving for hours
The only static images that are on my phone right now are all the little icons on the notification bar
If you're a moderate user, and not someone who spends 10 hours/day inside his phone, by the time you notice any diverse effects your phone will be outdated anyway

semismartphone general

Attached: DtI0eyhUcAABdpy.jpg (900x1200, 185K)

>Their cameras are horrible
Why is this the case when Sony literally manufacture the cameras for most phones, including their competition in the phone market?

For real though, does the gcam help with details or does it just improve the colors and low lighting?

Because their image processing sucks

They don't bother with the software end of the cameras.

you take good care of your hands

go back to /b you edgy faggot

>software end
I don't know if it's just that

Attached: 1523169617057.jpg (3056x3410, 3.78M)

Most disappointing smartphone manufacturer.

Attached: 45611703_2298073767087679_7184307861437518105_n.jpg (640x800, 117K)

Who made the processing on these photos?
where they tripping on a 10 strip of acid?
It all looks weird and flat and fake.

Only reason I won't buy the Poco and load up gcam
it'll look fake and over saturated like shit

OOS also lets you force apps full screen. Combined with immersive mode, you can remove the notification bar in some apps entirely and use the full length of the screen. I do this for apps I have open for long periods of time.

you have 3 seconds to prove your phone's camera isn't shit by taking a picture of your eye

GO

Attached: IMG_20181124_020328.jpg (4608x3456, 2.53M)

If I'm using my phone naked, will the phone secretly transmit data to said company database?

I really miss my Sony phone, I don't remember what model it was, some Xperia or another, I just loved the shape and how it felt in my hand, shame it had one of those screens that curve at the sides and the touchscreen worked like ass on those edges

Yes. Here's a comparison shot of a closeup of cherry tomatoes. Left is OnePlus 6T stock, right is GCam. There's a strong watercolor effect on the close-up with stock.

Attached: gcam.png (3100x1198, 733K)

Recommendations for a power bank? Should I get a bootlegged chink one or get an expensive one that's like 80 bucks?

IDK what kind of horrible photographer you are but this was taken seconds ago on OnePlus 6

Attached: IMG_20181129_041150.jpg (4608x2176, 1.81M)

Cannot fucking wait to grab the Note 9 at

It's a zoomed in shot, retard, approximately ~350%. He wanted to know if GCam affected detail, and that's the best way to show it.

what's this gcam thing everyone keeps going on about

clean your nails, filthy junk food scoffing peasant

Oh, and the zoom is done in post in Photoshop, not on the phone obviously.

hey what do you use to download long youtube videos on macbook?

Google's camera app which has been ported to other devices and often delivers better photos than the stock app.

you need to take better care of your hands please use as your handspiration

>bootlegged chink
>implying its not a ied

So it works on any phone, or is it limited to a handful? I assume it's an unofficial port?

Yes, unofficial. Any phone some pajeet on xda has decided to port it to.

What's a good gamepad peripheral for emulation and game streaming? Do most of you just use an iPega?

What's that? Does it allow two sims?

Sorry Vro's didn't mean to be such a disappointment.

I do Jew work for a living, so, my hands usually reflect as such

Attached: IMG_20181129_042756.jpg (4608x2176, 2.07M)

Kana really does work well with keypads.

Xiaomi powerbanks are good, so are Aukey and Anker but they're a bit more expensive

What makes a power bank good?

QUALITY OF CELLS, CAPACITY OF CELLS, NEW CELLS RATHER THAN REFURBISHED CELLS, NON EXPLODING CELLS

CONTROLLER BOARD NOT SOLDERED BY A MONKEY FULL OF COLD JOINTS HANGING BY A THREAD

THERE IS NO LOWER LIMIT ON QUALITY WHEN IT COMES TO CHINKSHIT

Infobar xv & no

Note 6 Pro and Mi Max 3 have the same innards right? Trying to get something for my mom to upgrade her Z3 which isn't charging well lately.

Someone gimme some fucking scratch so I can buy the Note 9
I want gibs nao!

>gross-posting
gross

I failed to find a phone to replace my LG G4 for a reasonable price. Nokia 7 Plus was close, but Redmi 5 Note AI has almost similar specs for much lower price. I guess I will just leave G4 as a backup camera phone, at least until I buy a nice compact camera.

what about a g5

G4's achilles' heel is battery and G5 or even G6 doesn't seem much better

Attached: DtKhM4tV4AAcOcE.jpg (1200x900, 146K)

>but Redmi 5 Note AI has almost similar specs for much lower price.
So why didn't you buy it then?

So how's the new android one ui on the note 9? Does it improve the experience?

I'm going to, I just haven't found anything with G4-tier camera and much better battery for $300-$400

Pocophone with GCam

pony up for it, then
stop recommending that piece of trash

Is the redmi note 4 good enough for for daily use? Using a sony xperia something but half my screen teared in a fall.

obviously

Define daily use. My kid is using my old Redmi Note 4g, the very first one to play meme games and watch YouTube with no issues.

>mfw the XZ1 is demolished by the Xperia L from 2013
when will Sony shut down their phone production? Their phones are irredeemably bad, the cameras are utterly shite.

Attached: large.jpg (998x639, 133K)

Bump

reddit.com/r/SonyXperia/comments/a15qh7/my_first_full_charge_with_a_brand_new_xz3_no/

this cuck is happy with his pissy 5hr SOT on the XZ3
what a shitshow

I don't get it, what has you being naked got to do with the phone sending data?

Why is it a piece of trash?

In another thread about Alexa, Cortana etc that is constantly listening to us, I wonder if phones would do the same.

My daily use is clover and messaging when im bored and a daily check of my youtube subscription feed while cooking lunch

Anything with 2GB RAM could do that. Generally anything with 2GB RAM has a non shit CPU to handle those tasks.

To answer your initial question, a Note 4, Redmeme or even the old Samshit one, can do those easily.

Absolutely fucking lol when a piece of shit chink company named oneplus tries to dress up chinkphones by calling them premium
trash trash trash

On oneplus 6t is it normal to have 2 hours and 30 minutes of SOT with 60% of battery left? The phone is 1 day old

Maybe, if you're been playing games.
Wait till end of the day and see where it gets you

I didn't play any games, I used Jow Forums on chrome, instagram, youtube and whatsapp

I had the Z and greatly enjoyed it. It's just a shame that Sony is simply not competitive anymore with the other big boys.

*Z3

youtube.com/watch?v=qNAlQ786cmM

This Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 seems like an interesting phone. My current Sony Xperia XZ is starting to act up on me, not recognizing my SIM card at times and requiring me to restart the phone and remove / insert the SIM card multiple times before it starts working again. I like more rugged and waterproof phones because I'm pretty rough on them (I work manual labor and do a lot of other outdoor activities). The only big concern I'd have moving to the Kyocera from my Xperia is that the Kyocera uses a Snapdragon 630 while my Xperia uses a Snapdragon 820... I'm not sure how much of a downgrade that would be or if I'd really notice it that much. The most CPU / GPU intensive thing I use my phone for is streaming Youtube videos so I might not even notice the difference.

Also, it seems like it's a Verizon exclusive? I use Straight Talk with the AT&T network so this phone might not even work for me...

Attached: duraforce_pro_2.jpg (900x600, 392K)

check gearbest, they have a bunch of tough phones that pick up AT&T LTE bands and will work on Straight Talk

Alright. Really the 3 most important things in a phone for me are waterproof rating, USB-C, and SD card slot. I can always add a case and screen protector to make them more rugged but it's nice when ruggedness is built into the phone itself.

It barely functions in the US, and aside from the S845, the hardware is shit.

this will do the trick

Attached: Screenshot_Via_20181129-101805.png (1080x1920, 241K)

So I just got a new phone with android 8. WTF were they thinking with some of the UI changes?

If you drag on the right hand side of the top bar it now maximizes the options menu for mobile data, bluetooth etc. And leaves your notifications minimized at the bottom. Which is fine and dandy and all if you're left handed. But if you're right handed you'll have to either use both hands or swipe twice just to see your notifications. And there doesn't seem to be an option to change this. WTF?

I also did the mistake of getting a phone with a notch, because I thought the ability to turn it off would just draw black pixels behind it and give you a full size status bar beneath it. Nope. It just draws a black bar behind it and now I can't see what notifications I've received. Very handy.

And I never understood why they replaced the menu button at the bottom menu. Because why open an app menu with your thumb when you can use use two hands to do it?

Attached: SPjlEKi.jpg (363x365, 19K)

>chrome, instagram, youtube and whatsapp
Degenerate.

What is the name of this beauty? (phone)

Don't be a brainlet.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid

Galaxy S8 is around that range now.

Am I stupid for wanting a Note 9 if all I'll do is use whatsapp and google chrome on it?

Not at all. I want Note 9 too user and all I do is watch youtube and browse 4channel on it.

pocomeme or oneplus 6?

It's a beautiful piece of work.

Attached: note-9-teardown-1.jpg (980x620, 103K)

What's a good phone with PTT and rugged as fuck like
Even better if its dual SIM.

>It barely functions in the US
Wow, a device which wasn't intended for a particular country doesn't work too well there. Who would've thought? And even that's not completely true, because it has some LTE coverage on AT&T.
>and aside from the S845, the hardware is shit.
>current best and the most advanced SoC money can buy is shit
Sour grapes, what else is there to say to this?

buy whatever and shove it inside a unicorn beetle case ya dingus

He means it has a shit chink display with issues, a shit camera, trash internals and basically even a drop of water or some moisture can brick it. You can't have a lambo engine work inside a poorly built shitbox

not him but doesn't it only have a single att band so it basically is useless there

I'm saving up to buy the Note 9 in March, I'd get the Note 10 if they don't come with shitty pinhole style cameras in the display. The XZ4 will be DOA as usual with a shitty camera

Based nips delivering quality sapphire

Everyone yaps about how the gcam helps the pocoshit, what about the OP6T? How does gcam help there?

>He means it has a shit chink display
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_pocophone_f1-review-1808p6.php
>The Pocophone F1 display proved to be a very good performer in our display test, pumping out 461 nits of maximum brightness. Combined with the deep blacks the F1's display posted an excellent contrast of 1500:1 - just as Xiaomi promises in its press materials. The minimum brightness level of 2.5nits is also excellent.
>Color reproduction can also be very accurate if that's your thing. Going for the 'Standard contrast' mode you'd be getting an average DeltaE of 0.9 (when compared against the sRGB color space) and the most accurate whites of all modes.

>with issues
Touch latency has been fixed in MIUI beta

>a shit camera
Not with GCam

>trash internals
How so? SD845, 6/8GB RAM, 64 to 256GB of fast UFS2.1 storage, 4000mah battery etc.

>and basically even a drop of water or some moisture can brick it.
It's splash proof which is more than enough protection in most situations unless you're a retard and go swimming with it.

Show me a phone with better hardware for $300. You can't because it doesn't exist.

>just bought a pocomeme a while ago
>see this thread afterwards
forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/help/lcd-panel-bleeding-light-chin-t3838641
How long until something bleeds out from my screen? I can't believe I just purchased a ticking time bomb.

Attached: 1541021065197.jpg (309x450, 29K)

You either have it out of the box or you don't. It doesn't just suddenly show up. Also, that issue was only in the initial batches, if you just recently bought the phone you should be safe.

How good are the z3c replacement screens on ebay? the digitiser on mine is on its deathbed