/hpg/ - Headphones General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: anime.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wny2gtemW_s
head-fi.org/threads/how-to-remove-dust-from-stax-lambda.643406/
genode.org/documentation/release-notes/18.11
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Good OP.

Attached: 1531308705105.jpg (1920x1200, 1.27M)

Don't fall for stax, they are shit. Tried the L300 today and found it subpar.

>L300

trips to banime

cute feet

It's stax, literally 60s technology and design. I doubt I'd notice a difference beaides clarity with other models.

opinions on the K7XX?

>60s technology
wut?

probably confused stax with mudheiser

Stax is very old, boomer.

The left drive of my ATHMSR7s stopped working around 4 months ago after almost 3 years of use.
I just sent it a week ago to the AudioTechnica RMA here in Germany, just got an email and they're asking me for 100 euros (sending it back afterwards not included) for the spare part and the repairs.
A brand new MSR7 costs 169 euros, I even bough new earpieces for comfort before this shit happened.
These RMA motherfuckers are even asking me for 20 euros if I want it back with no repairs, when it only costed me 5 euros to send it to them including bubble wrapping.
What would you do, throw 100 euros or get a brand new pair of headphones?

Attached: 43666879_247664512574462_7498591854582038528_n.jpg (712x953, 89K)

Does this mean e.g. L700s technology is old?
As in, older than HD600s?
Electrostatic is older than dynamic?
I'm not sure what you're saying.

Stax released their first electrostat earspeaker in the 60s ( Stax SR-1) nothing has changed since then and it's the same tech / design.

Checked + based

Yes it does, just a slight upgrade in diaphragm. SR-Lambda was released in the 70s.

Literally not much at all has changed.

>Stax released their first electrostat earspeaker in the 60s ( Stax SR-1)
true
>nothing has changed since then and it's the same tech / design.
fake

Sorry, but it's true. Biggest differences are slight diaphragm changes and the 5 pin compared to the previous 6. Let's also not beat around the bush, build quality on the Lambda series is shit. It's just so flimsy. Comfort depends on the headphone in question, to me personally the L300 is quite uncomfortable, but the L700 is very comfortable.

Overall not worth the price.

Whoever drew this has excellent taste

build quality is not stellar, but soundwise the current models are miles away from the 60s ones, they dont even run on the same amps, using double the voltages

how can i get a waifu like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=wny2gtemW_s

You have tried the ones fron the 60s, don't be deluded. I told you it's the same design / technology. Wrap your head around. Another problem is you have to protect them from dust like crazy, it heavily affects their sound. If dust gets on the driver, it's very hard to remove safely, you risk damaging the driver.

Lots of downsides to stax.

never abuse the w word like that again

Attached: eru10 (2).jpg (1280x720, 61K)

b..but she's perfect even if 3d

What's successor of hd600?
Nostax.

I can get the sennheiser HD 599 for 150€. I intend on using it on my pc and phone. Don't have an amp.

Is it worth it?

Speakers.
Focal clear if you like driver crackle and $200 earpads.
I'm just sticking with HD600 and TH-X00 until I get bored enough to drop $$$ on a L700 system.

holy shit i thought you were talking bullshit
dust will literally fuck up a pair of stax headphones

>Getting dust off without destroying that film of mylar is difficult for ever a brain surgeon, not to mention that you might not even be able to get to it because the two metal plates are in the way. This is why when people gets dust on their headphones, they just buy new ones

head-fi.org/threads/how-to-remove-dust-from-stax-lambda.643406/

Attached: 1511075478670.png (499x513, 283K)

You never will because you're a poorfag, who has never touched a pair of focals.

Dont know about headphones but the Sony MDR XB50AP earbuds are so good for the price.

>finally become a staxer
>forget to bag them for a night
>thousands down the shitter

Stax aren't really known for being high quality. They have a high rate of failure for their drivers, they have several cases of bad drivers being shipped (include the newest 009S which retails for almost 5 grand), their drivers were notoriously prone to dust problems.

Attached: images-10.jpg (316x465, 16K)

I would do lots of things to those .

good with the bass port mod

Is she touching herself?

stop it samefag
for a few decades now stax has put a dust cover protecting the driver from dust

headphone tech in general hasn't advanced much since it's inception, dynamics use the same principle since the nazis created them all that has change is the shape and material of the diaphragm and the strength of the magnet used
Also, remember the HD600 is 21yr old tech, the dt770/880/990 are from the 80's

HE60

>Also, remember the HD600 is 21yr old tech, the dt770/880/990 are from the 80's
Not really. Sennheiser has multiple revision of its drivers. Older beyers are different headphones basically. They did change.

Are you sure the differences here are due to diaphragm degradation

Attached: Screenshot_20171113-135225.png (1440x2960, 289K)

Thought you were gonna cry to mods to make /hpg/ a safespace, incel

for the price you are better off getting the hd6xx

I don't get how you audiopools actually say something like the HD 600 gives orgasmic sound. Doesn't even sound that great.

So the elacs came in.
Not impressed desu. My infinties sound just as good at a fraction of the cost.
Also one of them came broken so I'm returning them today. Tfw I don't need any audio stuff now.

AKG k702s or k712s?

Speaking of dust on headphones, I've had dust all over my hd600s but none of it has gotten through the cage lol.
I just blow on it on occasion

Tried some headphones today, don't get the hd800 or the focal clear, they are garbage.

Please recommend me some great female vocal albums for my HD600. No weeb shit unless it's really great.

Love Live.

god i wish that were me

mignonne

K712 is the same thing with more bass and better earpads.

>mignonne
I see you are also a man of culture

Attached: JPEG_20181112_050630.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

Also try sunshower and grey skies as well

I always heard it was old pleather earpads.
Are there any aspies cataloging this shit like that japanese hd580 site?

>$400 new, $250-300 used
>destroys any magnetphone under $1000
Why don't you own one yet /hpg/?

Attached: L300d4.jpg (1500x1500, 268K)

Recommend me a DAC for DT990/250, 100ish € in €land. Gonna get a separate amp later.

Topping d10

This is stolen from reddit.

i envy your belongings

Well mine dont have the original pads or similar I have some of the silver velour pads

Attached: 20181004_000524.jpg (4032x2268, 3.51M)

Because it sounds like shit? I'd take a DT880 or HD600 over these.

>using windows to listen to music
genode.org/documentation/release-notes/18.11

Attached: 1516132740307.png (1280x720, 673K)

Thanks

meant for

Aren't they for 100ohmms and under?

DACs dont have anything to do with the impedance.

Has anyone tried KZ budget IEM's?

Well fuck, been looking at these a bit and they mostly seem to be dac/amps so just checked the specs saying Measure: 10.3 cm x 14.6 cm x 3.7 cm
Weight: 314g
Power supply: DC5 V/0.5 A
In: USB
Digital output: Digital output
Digital output: AUX
Line out RCA
Line out RCA: < 0.0008% @ 1kHz
SNR: 115 dB at 1 kHz
Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz (± 0.1 dB)
Output Level: 2Vrms @ 0dBFS
Noise: < 4UVRMS
Crosstalk: – 115 dB at 1 kHz
Balance: 0.1 dB
> Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
USB IN: 44.1 kHz/384 kHz/16 bit, 32 bit DSD64/DSD256 (Native)
Optical/Coax Out: 44.1 kHz/192 kHz/16 bit/24 bit

The Impendance ohm stuck out. So what does this do then?

I tried it and it's good for the price but after like let say 2 hours the treble starts to hurt cause how V shape the freq is. I only tried the KZ ED2 tho.

Well fuck I was looking at Hifi Decoder Amplifier XMOS Topping D10 Mini and thats a DAC/Amp. Cant find just a D10 tho.

HD800 with EQ.

Hd800 is trash I tried it today

where did you demo it?

Asked in another thread, didnt get an answer

I need mobile headphones, for music and monitoring audio during video shoots. They should:
>be easily pocketable
>be not too fumbly to get in/on ears
>maybe not go over head but instead around the neck
>have long chord
>be around or under 100€

The 4XX is best thing since the HE500, prove me wrong.

sennheiser new york store

wtf are you talking about. Thats the only D10 there is you moron and its a simple USB dac. do you see any phone out ?

The impedance rating doesnt fucking matter for dacs It only does for amps and you want it as low as possible.

And you are 2 days late you could have got it for 50 buck on monday.

Tried the zst pro, very good price/performance. I think it was 14 dollars. Good for on-the-go music listening.

You forgot the charger boio

Doesn't Linux not have reliable audio yet?
Using Linux for music sounds worse than buying an MP3 player

Which amp should i buy for a dt990/600ohms? i was stupid enough to buy them without an amp.

Filthy creature bleeding between her legs.

Endgame.

Attached: L700_2.jpg (1500x1500, 238K)

jds atoms or dx3 pro

No. It's an actually worse and vastly overpriced HD579.
Look at HD579, DT880, HD58x and 6xx massdrops, and HD600, depending on your budget.

Genode is not Linux. It might be able to run on Linux, but why would anyone want to do that, when seL4 is a supported Genode platform?
If you absolutely have to listen to music on Linux, at least use linux-rt. That's actually lower jitter than Windows.

JDS Atom.
Topping themselves suggest not to use DX3 Pro for headphones above 300Ω.
>i was stupid enough to buy them without an amp.
Yeah, 600Ω means you need an amp, and not a random one. The Atom has you covered.

HD 600 suck and massively overpriced. Just as good as a HD 598

Yesss, let's bash hd600 and keep them unwanted till production stops, than (((we))) can sell dem rare hd600's for fortune.

No it really does suck. I would say worse than HD 598 since its priced more and sucks more in sound stage.

Yesss friend, hd600 really does suck, nobody should buy them.

Low effort troll.

I own them and they do suck. Nothing special about them.

Mad all the time? There's a cure.

Attached: dislayImages2.jpg (500x500, 68K)

Then why do you still own them? Check.

got some logitech g430 that i want to use with my xbox one. I have two questions: 1.) is there a way to make it work via USB with the xbox? 2.) can anyone recommend a headphone&mic adapter to 3.5mm, or will whatever cheap crap on amazon work just fine?

Attached: 1527399424232.png (1259x1205, 592K)

wtf delet that

is the hd58x massdrop worth buying? in how does it compare to the other HD600,HD6xx etc?

Also why did stax became a meme? I use to browse this /hpg/ like 2 years ago and they were all shitting on SNAPheiser and beyer treble tape meme and shilling the schiit Modi & magni amp.

Attached: 1543142533524.jpg (1080x801, 262K)

Testing them for the week.