CS student

>Taking a OOP-course
>Language of the course is C++
>chick in the class (actually true)
>"Linus Torvalds, the creator of linux said c++ is a horrible language. It's made more horrible by the fact that a lot of substandard programmers use it, to the point where it's much much easier to generate total and utter crap with it."
>mfw she's not in the kitchen

Attached: installthefuckinggentoo.png (126x106, 36K)

fuck her in the ass, she's an anal Queen

What meme college do you go to that has a OOP course? That was like a chapter in our introductory class not a full course.

This but also marry her, she's a prize

My school had that, and it was kind of a combined intro to oop/data structures. Once we went through all the basic OOP stuff, we implemented linked lists, stacks and queues using those concepts. Made data structures easier, desu.

simply put, introductory class

C++ needs a team of high IQ individuals. if you can't get the absolutely best people then yeah, maybe use a toned down language that will mitigate retards.

I had "OOP course" in my college, but it was just a c++ course in disguise

>That was like a chapter in our introductory class not a full course.
and that's why OP would get a job where they ask about vtables in an interview and you wouldn't

When it comes to CS my uni is more of a pajeet-tier Java vocational school than an actual university.

Attached: 1508852718029.jpg (1063x1063, 453K)

are you from europe? because that's how horrible CS in europe is :)

checked

also my professor is Finnish and he hasn't used c++ in a while, but he absolutely loves java

Most profs teaching oop don't even know what a vtable is. Most professional oo programmers don't either. It literally just werks for these people.

I'm Finnish. Didn't know other countries had it bad too.

Attached: suomen historia apustus.jpg (1016x1117, 225K)

i need proof for this claim

She's right.
Linus is the maintainer of one of the most used operating system kernels, and you're still in school. What do you know?

>she

He doesn't really care about c++.
The kernel is already written in C.
Everything that is in C++ and not in C are things that the kernel typically don't need

Linus was shitting on C++ 98, and saying "a lot of substandard programmers use it", especially without any evidence, is not an argument.

Linus is what you get when combining a swede, spurdo and amerifat

If you've ever used c++ and then a modern systems programming language like D or Go you would realize how bad it is. She / Linus is right. C++17 makes it a little bit better but it's still easy to fuck up.

that's why one should not go for meme degrees that just gained track some decades ago; of you do, you only can do it properly if it's the best University on the subject

Actual wahmen in CS, yes

My Uni didn't even teach a programming language. They just listed suggested textbooks for Java, C++, etc. as a reference. It was 90% all about technique, data structures, algorithms, computer architecture, theory of computation, etc. In those courses we had to use Python, Java, C/C++, and assembly. But we were never taught any language. We were taught how to program.

We had some OOP in our introductory programming class in C++ and also a dedicated OOP course where you had to finish a project in both java and ruby. According from Jow Forums that would be a walk in the park, but in reality it took a lot more time than expected.

Explains why students can't into oop and shitpost about oop is a meme on chinese fire signalling boards

Mine have but it’s just a C++ course. Fucking object hierarchy is taught jn yhe software engineering class

*tips fedora*

I'm in meme college and boy, what a classes do we have.. professors are fucking idiots

Had one that was entirely done in smalltalk

Lincoln? CS level two?

UNL? Not OP but almost all my high school buddies went there

I originally intended to do a data analytics focus in my engineering degree so I had some programming classes and dear God the state of those classes is pathetic. I had one good professor but he was from eastern europe and is actually currently in the industry rather than just teaching

that's actually how it should be though. A graduate program I was looking at for robotics recently makes use of three languages despite accepting mostly non-CS majors and not teaching any of the three to you. You can learn theory from a book or online program. The valuable part of school is being taught by people who have actually used the theory in the real world. That's why the best teachers are always those who spent most of their time outside academia (assuming they have at least rudimentary communication skills)

She's right, Stroustrup was a mistake tbqh

Don't worry, that's just what people who just learned about a thing say. Soon she will progress beyond mount stupid and shut the fuck up until she knows her shit.
Or not, cause women never shut the fuck up.