I'm in the market for new headphones

I'm in the market for new headphones.

I can get the sennheiser HD 599 for 150€. I intend on using it on my pc and phone. Don't have an amp.

Is it worth it?

Attached: 61rC-yMhtZL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 82K)

Also wondering this

if they're the same as 598s then yes
also, check /hpg/

what did the two tone poo color first HD 599 or noctua fans.

im wondering who copied who?

Probably the safest headphone purchase you can make

plz answer serious technical question

These headphones are great. Bought them to replace an old pair of AKGs and the sound quality is excellent.

t. Sound Engineer

>>>/ag/

seriously who did poo on poo color first SENNHEISER or NOCTUA

They are. They're just 598s with an updated design and lower base price. The actual hardware is the same. The pads are actually higher quality

Doesn't matter who did it first. Sennheiser's look classy while Noctua fans look tacky.

Sennheiser copied noctua lol.

gross gamer teir headphones.

Sennheiser became a PC headphone meme in the early 2000s because they had a good bang for buck model the one they use on giantbomb cast is the one.

but they discontinued it because the market got flooded with them and they are cheap to make and there was so many in the market.

they are not actually good headphone brand ignore them now people shill them because they are in anime... lame.

Not without an amp.

I own these and the HD 579, both are very dead without amps.

Attached: 1541296191105.png (354x378, 140K)

>I just have a shit motherboard that cant power 60om

>using motherboard

found the newfag

my 500$ motherboard has better capacitors and dac output than your shitty 200$ dac

SEETHING

Also lets face it OP likely has a shit mobo.

not a chance, onboardfag.

comes with the mobo bro read the specs and weep.

Attached: asus-supreme-fx-x-fi-sound-card-crosshair-iii-formula-maximus-ii-iii-8-1-channel-2.jpg (400x268, 14K)

Are these appreciably different than the old HD-595s? I have those and the sound great, don't need an amp... a little light on bass, but compatible with my musical tastes.

Attached: Sennheiser-HD595-headphone.jpg (390x450, 19K)

Yeah my mobo isn't exactly new. I assume there's no point then

Its an Asus m5a97 btw

The 58x are better

>republic of gaymen
>S U P R E M E F X

yeah i'd rather not

Attached: 5MXN7SX.jpg (281x283, 11K)

do they come with a 3.5mm to 6mm adapter? if yes have you tried it? does it have any negative effect on the audio quality? I don't think a 1,20m 3,5mm cable is long enough for me for computer use.

My 595s have a 1/4'' TRS plug. I use it with a Grado mini adapter (pic related), a bit overkill but it should last 20 years at least. An adapter would have to be exceptionally awful to affect audio quality.

Attached: GR0110[1].jpg (522x522, 16K)

My PC jack and phone can both drive my HD650 600 ohm headphones. I doubt these are much harder to drive.

HD650 came with an adapter, so I think they do.

Correction: The HD650's are 300 ohm, not 600 as I stated.