When is the tablet meme gonna die?

When is the tablet meme gonna die?

Attached: ipad-pro-2018-hero-01.jpeg?itok=QL51uEA0.jpg (1600x1200, 214K)

never, it’s comfy as fuck for light use.

After the laptop meme die

Attached: Blacked pro6.jpg (2373x1582, 133K)

When the next trend comes and every moron and middle aged women wants it

>Motorola Razr
>BlackBerry Pearl
>MP3 Players
>Laptops
>Netbooks
>Smartphones
>Tablets
>Health Tracker Watches (ie: Fitbit)
>Smart Watch

When we start using 802.11ay to beam 4k video directly to wifi-enabled screens.

This

TABLETS ARE FOR NIGGERS

Probably when hipsters will realize that tablet + stand + "keyboard" takes more space and is less usable than a laptop... that happens to have touchpad which makes using this device in shown orientation convenient.

when we all have government mandated HUD chips installed in ours brains.
police will conduct instant interrogations over neuronal videochat.

Attached: 1543428896513.png (641x634, 499K)

it's killing the laptop meme and that's a good thing

But it has died.

Attached: 5910ec38d9f406a7008b47a5-1136-852.png (1136x852, 106K)

this. tablets are being slowly killed by phones with big screens, chromebooks, and windows 2 in 1s

What about 4G connected buttplugs?
Even more modern, "5G" connected buttplugs

>When is the tablet meme gonna die?
Never.

Attached: 1542836504444.jpg (5702x3801, 2.72M)

tablets are cheap shit ways to display data from a microcontroller via bluetooth or wifi so I hop they never die.

Attached: my_dumpster_my_rules.jpg (673x1024, 69K)

what is that?

What tablet?

The world's first flexible iPad

Attached: ipad-optimize.gif (650x341, 2.94M)

dell xps 13 2 in 1

Attached: Dell+XPS+13+2-in-1+smaller.jpg (1920x1145, 263K)

Yeah, why code on the desktop in the background when you can bend your neck to code on a tiny screen with an incomplete keyboard?

Probably in the next few years your tablet will be your PC.

>takes more space
No it doesn't.
> less usable than a laptop
Depends on the usage.

>tfw my phone is bigger than my old tablet.

Never. Steve Jobs was right, those things are gonna replace laptops eventually. Apple just needs to get its head out of its ass and make an iPad with a proper MacOS support, or at least make iOS just as functional. 13 inches is more than enough screen space for a full-fledged desktop OS.
I wish others would follow suit but for some reason, every other company is pants on head retarded when it comes to tablets. Literally every other piece of Apple tech has better alternatives except for iPad. Mostly because Android and Windows simply don't work with tablets as well as iOS does.
I've been using a Lenovo notebook similar to this one, and it just doesn't compare. It's way too heavy and clunky compared to my iPad. You would just use it as a laptop and completely forget about the """""""tablet""""""" mode after trying it once and realizing how fucking stupid it is.

Attached: 037-ipad-pro-2018-nyc.jpg (724x407, 37K)

>I've been using a Lenovo notebook similar to this one, and it just doesn't compare. It's way too heavy and clunky compared to my iPad. You would just use it as a laptop and completely forget about the """""""tablet""""""" mode after trying it once and realizing how fucking stupid it is.

The dell xps 13 and 15 convertibles use the wacom AES, which is comparable to the apple pencil. The 13 is weak but the 15 has decent hardware, which when combined with Windows, makes for a good tool for painting, photo editing, and 3d sculpting

not him but the XPS 13/XPS 13 2 in 1 is better tham the 15 because fuck the GPU, if you want ''photo editing, and 3d sculpting'' get a desktop computer. This kind of laptops should be used for portative work

Isn't it quite limiting when you have to support the device in three points (axes actually) though? I often hold my laptop with one hand and type with the other or put it down on my lap in a weird position and push on it with one hand to keep it from falling off. Not to mention that when I put it normally on my lap in a reasonably comfortable position, the back edge is close enough to my knees that it wouldn't be stable with any kick stand. I can see that some people will never use a laptop like that but for me that's a deal-breaker. It's really a shame that there are so few 2-in-1 devices that can actually fully substitute a laptop. Then ask for a nice (near-Thinkpad-tier) keyboard and a clitmouse and there is not a single one (fuck, that alone eliminates all non-Thinkpad devices anyway, why is technology so shit).

Rumour is the next gen model will use a 3:2 aspect ratio.

>iPad pro
>pretty but useless tmux environment with the standard array of ricer system information tools that are rarely ever used for their intended purpose
>python
>raspberry pi
>trendy looking mechanical keyboards with gimped layouts that are obviously more for taking pictures of than actually using
>useless retro gaming console just sitting there because xd im such a geek look at me
>$70 aluminum slab macbook "docks"
whatever redditor took this picture should actually die in real life

how will the industry ever recover

Attached: iPad-Pro-Multitasking.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Used a phone you permafag. Tablets.are just gimped phones and are completely unnecessary. They fill zero roles.

If you want a comparable experience you'd going to need to spend anywhere from $500 for chinkshit to well over another $1000. ON TOP of the desktop.

The XPS 15 and 2-in-1's GPUs can be enabled or disabled for any application so if you don't want it you don't have have it sucking power.

>tfw 10 inchelet
>

Images like this just convince me there's a subset of loonix users for whom the greatness of technology is measured by how uncomfortable and needlessly difficult it is to use.

why don't we just take a macbook keyboard and stick it on an ipad

Attached: 5.jpg (1500x594, 54K)

Fruitcult fanboy detected.

Not really, most of my typing is done by voice to text which is surprisingly good.
The rest of navigation is done through ring mouse.

i filled ur mums hole last nite

Remind me how long it took for them to have multitasking compared to Android, palm, and Windows Mobile.

Attached: download (3).jpg (228x221, 7K)

This but also foldable phones will decrease the market some. I going to buy one because want but around a 5" phone, 9" tablet, and 13" laptop is a optimal usage combination for me.

If you can even call it multitasking still.
The iOS scheduler is still a militant cunt and you still cant do background shit. 4gb of ram might save you in some places but there's no way you can replace a desktop or a laptop and proper multitasking with that.